Skip to main content
Topic: JLT game 3 (Read 62705 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT game 3

Reply #285
Couldn't agree more on KJ. Surely on the basis of a couple of ok pre season NB games he has to be given a shot to see if he can help the setup and structure of the forward line. With Gorringe injured, Jones underwhelming in his JLT appearance and McKay probably needing a few NB games under his belt to get his confidence up before playing up, it seems like the most sensible option we have.

If he doesn't get a gig now you would think he never would [barring total catastrophe], which begs the question what is he doing on the list then??

We need to find out the real truth about KJ as soon as possible! If he's any good by Christ we need him. If he's not, then at least we'll know and we can move on.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #286
Bolton has already said it, but I agree with him, play Weiters back this year with the occasional qtr forward.

Put him on the best opposition forward every week, let him learn from that and then from 2018 onward play him as a permanent forward. That's how I see it.

On a totally different note, I want to see Jaksch given a chance with an extended run (3-4 games) as a forward, in the seniors. He can't be any worse than Casboult or Jones, and surely ahead of Mackay at the moment. I hope his papers have not been prematurely stamped. I'm not saying he will make it, but I reckon he deserves a chance to prove it 1 way or another.

Yes he can  :(

I hope that Jaksch proves me wrong but, to borrow a line from Kruddler, he is unlikely to be our saviour.  Unless he has had a significant change in attitude, application and effort, playing him for 3-4 games would be much like conceding defeat.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #287
Yes he can  :(

I hope that Jaksch proves me wrong but, to borrow a line from Kruddler, he is unlikely to be our saviour.  Unless he has had a significant change in attitude, application and effort, playing him for 3-4 games would be much like conceding defeat.
Follow Nicky G and KJ on social media and you'll get an insight as to why they can't crack it for a game.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #291
I'm not a big user of social media - care to elaborate a little??
Put it this way, they party a fair bit and a beer is never far out of shot. If I was a bloke, who for a host of reasons. wasnt getting a game? I'd be busting a nut 24/7 working on those things that would get me a game. This is the difference btw your Juddys, Crippas, etc and your KJs and Nickky Gs. Time is running out kiddies.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #292
Well it would certainly explain the lack of game time, talent is there , shame to see it wasted if this is the case

Reply #293
Put it this way, they party a fair bit and a beer is never far out of shot. If I was a bloke, who for a host of reasons. wasnt getting a game? I'd be busting a nut 24/7 working on those things that would get me a game. This is the difference btw your Juddys, Crippas, etc and your KJs and Nickky Gs. Time is running out kiddies.

Sounds to me like they've just decided (rightly or otherwise) that they won't be playing senior footy, so they may as well enjoy themselves.

Lifestyle footy players. 

Reply #294
Sounds to me like they've just decided (rightly or otherwise) that they won't be playing senior footy, so they may as well enjoy themselves.

Lifestyle footy players.
Probably. Perhaps they are just happy being on an AFL list. They clearly don't (or didn't) have the desire to leave no stone unturned.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #295

Would you want to be 'in the trenches' with blokes who have this attitude (assuming it's true)?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #296
Would you want to be 'in the trenches' with blokes who have this attitude (assuming it's true)?
I probably should have said "appear to party alot" as I don't know for sure. What I also should have said is "compared to other players" on social media. I guess I am being picky on these blokes because bigger things were expected of them and they cant get a regular gig. Little things like how they come across on social media stand out to me. The better, more disciplined players fly under the radar (or at least seem to be gifted more latitude).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #297
I probably should have said "appear to party alot" as I don't know for sure. What I also should have said is "compared to other players" on social media. I guess I am being picky on these blokes because bigger things were expected of them and they cant get a regular gig. Little things like how they come across on social media stand out to me. The better, more disciplined players fly under the radar (or at least seem to be gifted more latitude).

I think that's a fairer assessment G2C.

There may be many reasons why Graham and Jaksch can't cement a spot in the 22.  Their social media activity may provide a clue ... or it may be completely irrelevant  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #298
I guess you have to ask yourself how closely the stuff on social media reflects reality. I suspect there is a high degree of embellishment there.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #299
I think that's a fairer assessment G2C.

There may be many reasons why Graham and Jaksch can't cement a spot in the 22.  Their social media activity may provide a clue ... or it may be completely irrelevant  :-\

+1

IMHO Social Media is the portrayel of a lifestyle, and not likely to be an accurate picture of how people live their lives.

Its arguable that some people who have a public profile, might not even do their own social media.

Even if it were true, Fev liked more than one beer and Id hazard that Tex Walker likes one too.  Liking a beer on even a semi regular basis wont hold back a footy career.

If they drink heavily frequently that might do it, but even one beer a day wouldnt be a death knell provided they were not out until all hours and it didnt stop them from putting in the hard yards.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson