Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 28188 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #90
I thought the skipper was pretty good.  Not as effective as he could have been but still got us going the right way.

Ive stopped looking at numbers and started looking at effectiveness.  Zac Fisher and Liam Sumner were not far off either.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #91
I thought the skipper was pretty good.  Not as effective as he could have been but still got us going the right way.

Ive stopped looking at numbers and started looking at effectiveness.  Zac Fisher and Liam Sumner were not far off either.

Yes, Murphy was good, not as good as he has been, but then again opposition clubs can't just let him run riot and he would certainly be attracting some attention at the moment. I've noticed in the last few weeks his tackling has dropped off, I wonder if that a sign of an injury, or maybe that Aints crap has had a real effect.

See Stats HERE

Still he's a bloody good player.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #92
I thought Bolton's 8 man defence changed the game but it is a taxing game plan and I think we ran out of legs in the final quarter.
This may work for a full game when the youngsters have a more pre-seasons under the belt but I am not sure if it will win us too many games playing this way this season. 

Reply #93
I thought Bolton's 8 man defence changed the game but it is a taxing game plan and I think we ran out of legs in the final quarter.
This may work for a full game when the youngsters have a more pre-seasons under the belt but I am not sure if it will win us too many games playing this way this season.

I'd hope that the lesson learned is work harder earlier and we won't have to run you into the ground at the end!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #94
I'd hope that the lesson learned is work harder earlier and we won't have to run you into the ground at the end!

I agree.

This is the first time I had an opportunity to go to a game this year and despite the loss and the 1st quarter, it was enjoyable. I like the look of the youngsters.
I am still somewhat concerned that we are so reliant on our aging players like Murph, Gibbs and Kruze in the midfield. Hopefully we have a strong focus on recruiting quality midfielders in the off season.

Reply #95
Yes, we noticed Wright was playing at HBF for a lot of the game and did some decent work there, obviously playing a role. Agree, he seems far better value though as a small forward who knows where the goals are.

I don't think we can afford a stay at home small forward and Wright provides value wherever he plays.  He really was a great addition to the list.

Samo and Sumner didn't have much impact and I guess that means we missed Wright's presence in the forward 50.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #96
I don't think we can afford a stay at home small forward and Wright provides value wherever he plays.  He really was a great addition to the list.

Samo and Sumner didn't have much impact and I guess that means we missed Wright's presence in the forward 50.

We should be able to play him forward more as we improve our midfield. Whether that will be this year or next I guess we'll see.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #97
I tell you what reading this all our kids were crap and we still hit the lead in the last quarter... Bloody hell, the other 14 or so players must have played their best ever games.

You play 9 kids 22 or under and it is tough, but they are seriously having a go and I think there is a lot to like. I don't care about wins, it is far less important to me that we win games, than to see all players having a go and improving, which I think is obvious.

I want to win, I was screaming at the screen, but there is a lot to like about the way we are doing things this season.

14 Kids 22 and Under

lol at SPS comment.... Stop trolling. (not you MIO)

Kid had 0 Pre-Season --- 0. Draftees don't start till December anyway and have a break come Christmas. He was injured for 4 weeks and played round one.
has dropped off a little and running on the spot. Had 10 tackles last week and 5 this week. So he's still impacting the contest....

Why is he like Yarran? Plays a completely different style of game than Chris did. Is this a racial thing? A Pick 6 thing?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #98
Why is he like Yarran? Plays a completely different style of game than Chris did. Is this a racial thing? A Pick 6 thing?

Because IBWT is probably a troll! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #99

Agree he is a great addition to the list and one of my fav players but when he doesnt kick goals we usually struggle and he is one of the very few who can kick straight on a regular basis.
So I find it odd we are using him up the ground as much as we are and as Cookie pointed out I found the half back flank a strange place for him to be playing....

Reply #100
I agree with your post.  I think SPS is actually turning out to be like another Yarran.  Has gone soft.  Silvangni is not working hard enough either.

Jack works hard, he just has limited athletic ability.

SPS has won more inside ball in a couple of months than Yarran did in his whole career.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #101
Jack works hard, he just has limited athletic ability.

SPS has won more inside ball in a couple of months than Yarran did in his whole career.

Thank You!

Jack has 1-1/2 Pre seasons from a low base. (Didn't play much under 18's footy) and spending a fair bit in the gym and is 19 years old.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #102
Thank You!

Jack has 1-1/2 Pre seasons from a low base. (Didn't play much under 18's footy) and spending a fair bit in the gym and is 19 years old.
At the moment Jack is showing the relative lack of preparation. He is improving, but he doesn't stick his tackles yet and he does get our-bodied. It will be different in a couple of years: a bit of work on his first few metres, a grip of steel that doesn't get broken and a general win in the body work and he is a different player.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #103
Because IBWT is probably a troll! :o

He's Mozzie with a new name taken from his teams forum name Inhirdwetrust, that name didn't go so well hahaha

Reply #104
I agree.

This is the first time I had an opportunity to go to a game this year and despite the loss and the 1st quarter, it was enjoyable. I like the look of the youngsters.
I am still somewhat concerned that we are so reliant on our aging players like Murph, Gibbs and Kruze in the midfield. Hopefully we have a strong focus on recruiting quality midfielders in the off season.

Exactly. Hopefully securing a marquee player or two is midfield focussed.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17