Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 3: Pre game Palaver; Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 32474 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 3: Pre game Palaver; Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #152
Speaking of Pre Game tunes, its an absolute disgrace that our side ran out onto the ground and through the banner before the lily of laguna started playing on saturday.

We were a rabble off field all day on saturday which might explain more about what we saw on field than anything else.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #153
Speaking of Pre Game tunes, its an absolute disgrace that our side ran out onto the ground and through the banner before the lily of laguna started playing on saturday.

We were a rabble off field all day on saturday which might explain more about what we saw on field than anything else.

Yep agree. Was at the game and our pre game clips were poorly done, boring and might as well been non existent. And while I'm at it, the pre match player number calling is boring and a waste of time as well IMO.

Surely its not that hard to come up with something a bit more uplifting! The one we used a few years ago when Judd was around was pretty good - cant recall the song but it used to get me going.

Jimmy Barnes 'No second prize' with some of our best moments over the last few years is the sort of clip that will get the home fans up and about, but what would I know.....club might prefer to the simple approach of just naming the players out instead  :-[

Reply #154
Any song you pick that isn't traditional divides the supporter base.

Port are dead-set lucky because being based in SA the locals think INXS are still top of the pops! Plus they are replacing a mostly rubbish club song, so almost anything is better. But even so, it still comes across as heavily contrived.

You either have to keep up to date on this stuff, which costs a pretty penny to do because the latest and greatest want royalties, or you go the traditional route and forget the whiz bang.

For an example of what not to do, which moron thought Nthmond should update their song? Probably alongside Da-Da-Da-Da-Da one of the most widely recognised club songs in the Aussie Sports landscape! So good it's annoys everybody else just like our own song, when they tried to fiddle with it around the edges they made it the butt of jokes!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #155

Even the pies were ordinary!  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #157
Hopefully the Pies will also be ordinary this Friday.

Yep, we want them cold (as long as the beer isn't warm).
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #158
Yep, we want them cold (as long as the beer isn't warm).

Carlton always use to deliver cold Pies at Princes Park! ;)

So it looks like Kennedy and Kreuzer are both back, I'd be confident about Kennedy as the back room rumor mongers said he was closer last week than SpecialK.

It may well be a Psoas injury for SpecialK as it looked to me, in that case his return is typical because he'll be pain free by now but his power and agility might be diminished for an extended period. But do not be surprised if SpecialK is again a late out with Phillips in.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #159
BB Presser much better this week, sounds back to his best, no bullcrap sensible responses to even some stupid questions.

Like his positivity, like the support he is showing for Jones and Weitering.

Fills me with hope, and should shut up even the most ardent critics.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #160
I wouldn't be rushing to drop Lamb.
He wasn't too bad last week, and ditto the week before. Others more worthy of demotion than he is.
He is one of the only players in the side who offers genuine aggression as well. We need that, lest we become punching bags.

He should be playing that niggling defensive role more often IMHO. That's his go. Forward and even onball/wing at times.

Reply #161
He should be playing that niggling defensive role more often IMHO. That's his go. Forward and even onball/wing at times.

If it's niggling inside F50 I agree, he's one of very few at Carlton that creates opportunities without having to get hold of the ball.

It seems to come naturally to him, taking out the right opponent at the right moment, taping the ball here or there without taking possession. At the moment the kids are not switched on to his tricks, which is why in the first few weeks we have only seen Wright and Daisy taking advantage of Lamb's work. Lamb working besides some experienced small forwards would be a real pleasure to watch because he would create goal scoring opportunities for them. Most people do not see it, most only see the bloke who kicked the pill last! But Lamb is providing chop outs which at the moment we do not take any advantage of!

I reckon Lamb will be a Grigg type for us in years to come, as long as we don't kibosh him before he gets the chance to develop his skills further and have them taken advantage of by somebody, hopefully!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #162
Lamb is worth persisting with so long as Sicily will be playing against us for at least one game a year!

Its worth having him on the list for just that moment.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #163
If it's niggling inside F50 I agree, he's one of very few at Carlton that creates opportunities without having to get hold of the ball.

It seems to come naturally to him, taking out the right opponent at the right moment, taping the ball here or there without taking possession. At the moment the kids are not switched on to his tricks, which is why in the first few weeks we have only seen Wright and Daisy taking advantage of Lamb's work. Lamb working besides some experienced small forwards would be a real pleasure to watch because he would create goal scoring opportunities for them. Most people do not see it, most only see the bloke who kicked the pill last! But Lamb is providing chop outs which at the moment we do not take any advantage of!

I reckon Lamb will be a Grigg type for us in years to come, as long as we don't kibosh him before he gets the chance to develop his skills further and have them taken advantage of by somebody, hopefully!

Yep good call.

Really loved his games against the Hawks and Sicily last year. As you said it comes naturally to him as he seems a pest, in the best way possible...for us!

I think the Hawks games was a bit of a turning point for him last year, and I like that he pushes into the midfield a bit also.

Reply #164
Teams are in, and it seems we haven't learned our lesson for the 3rd week in a row.

In: Kennedy, Kreuzer
Out: Byrne, OShea

Backline:
Jones - 199
Weitering - 195
Marchbank - 193
Plowman - 191
Mullett - 184
Simpson - 182

Pies forwardline...
Cox - 206
Reid - 195
Stephenson - 188
Hosking-Elliot - 186
Brown - 178
Thomas - 176

Not sure Weitering has a matchup. You could argue Reid, but i think Marchbank is better placed to take him, and we have nobody to take the midgets.  :-\