Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 11: Post Game Pragmatism: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 20402 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 11: Post Game Pragmatism: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #60
Too busy by far but that is often the nature of indigenous art - unless you are close enough to see the detail.

However, I was very impressed with the portrayal of the CFC emblem.

Actually, the CFC logo was pretty cool, I agree.

Reply #61
Actually, the CFC logo was pretty cool, I agree.

I was in LA once sitting on the tarmac and one of the Indigenous painted Qantas planes roller past. A couple of middle Amercian norbits looked out the window and stated "What is with that plane, it looks like it was painted by a two year old!"

I leaned across and quietly let them know it was based on Indigenous art that has been around as cave paintings for 40000 years, long before Christians existed!

One of them corrected me, told me it cannot be true because the earth is only 6500 years old, what more could I say, God Bless America! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #62
I was in LA once sitting on the tarmac and one of the Indigenous painted Qantas planes roller past. A couple of middle Amercian norbits looked out the window and stated "What is with that plane, it looks like it was painted by a two year old!"

I leaned across and quietly let them know it was based on Indigenous art that has been around as cave paintings for 40000 years, long before Christians existed!

One of them corrected me, told me it cannot be true because the earth is only 6500 years old, what more could I say, God Bless America! :o

As you were at the airport, can I assume those norbits actually had a passport, since that might be a good start.

Reply #63
and Matty Wright has been about as straight a kick as anyone in the AFL.....both looked a bit slow last night.

That was the first time this year he's missed from a set shot.  I thought the player on the mark put him off by running hard at the mark as he was about to kick. Something you don't see often.

Reply #64

Those 74s (x 2) are now mothballed .... so should be the idiots who thought the world started yesterday. 

Reply #65
Just watched the highlight s on the AFL site and you'd have to wonder if it was put together by a Swans fan, 90% of it was all Swans stuff. Pathetic.

Also when we start winning I want our players to give as much cr*p back to oppo teams, for sooo long they have kicked us when we were down, laughed at us and basically have no respect for the club.
That day is coming, but I wish it would come sooner. >:D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #66
Just watched the highlight s on the AFL site and you'd have to wonder if it was put together by a Swans fan, 90% of it was all Swans stuff. Pathetic.

Also when we start winning I want our players to give as much cr*p back to oppo teams, for sooo long they have kicked us when we were down, laughed at us and basically have no respect for the club.
That day is coming, but I wish it would come sooner. >:D

The Swans are pretty clean and benevolent compared to a lot of other teams. Buddy likes to gob off constantly, but other than that.............

Reply #67
As you were at the airport, can I assume those norbits actually had a passport, since that might be a good start.

Actually I was on a domestic leg from LA to Tuscon at the time.

Those 74s (x 2) are now mothballed .... so should be the idiots who thought the world started yesterday.

I'd arrived in LA on the red one, which I thought looked terrific. It was the blue one taxing at LA that the locals commented on.

I suppose they are expensive to fly and decorate but you'd think Tourism Australia would sponsor them. I read somewhere it requires an extra 500kg of paint which adds to fuel costs.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68
Actually I was on a domestic leg from LA to Tuscon at the time.

Ah well, say no more.

Reply #69
I liked the kit I thought it was far better than some of our alternative strips, and I loved the painted boots, there should be more of it!

Totally agree. Well done CFC.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #70
That was the first time this year he's missed from a set shot.  I thought the player on the mark put him off by running hard at the mark as he was about to kick. Something you don't see often.
I noticed that as well. Looked for all the world like he went over the mark, Hawthorn style. I’d love to see a replay from a different angle.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #71
Just finished watching the game again. IMHO in was only skill errors that cost us, no more complicated than that. Critical skill errors at that, and from people who should know better... a few howlers from Simmo and Kerridge who were both, otherwise, very good. Attitude, intensity, game plan... all good. We certainly didn't embarrass ourselves which many 'experts' predicted.

Probably O'Shea's best game for us thus far.

Cuningham is just about confirmed as Kane Lucas Mk III. What a waste of sublime talent.

SOJ imposed himself on the contest though tired somewhat in the second half... he'll only improve further as he builds his tank and strength.

O'Brien needs time in the twos.

If we continue and build upon that approach and intensity, and with some experienced blokes back, I reckon we'll win a few in the back half of the season... and how you finish a season is really important.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #72
Sinclair and Rowe both fined.

Franklin twice handed out high forearm fend-offs, as well as one blatant high tackle that wasn't penalised! Yet escapes scrutiny!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #73
Rowe was lucky. ;)

Carlton players don't usually get off with a fine :(

Reply #74
Menegola hardly gets looked at,  yet Rowe cops a $1500 fine.

Sinclair flops around like a fish and gets $1000 fine.

Level playing field my ar$e.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?