Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2018, 03:21:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: List Changes 2018  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Jeffy38

• VFL Player
Re: List Changes 2018
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2018, 09:32:25 PM »
I like how SOS operates, Mullet and Oshea showed little and he flicked them after 12 mths. If LeBois is shown the door Ill understand. If he is given another year, it means SOS thinks given a go fair go with injury, he has the tools to play AFL (and Ill understand that also).

Gowers is a good example of why not to judge a book too early or think. Lebois hasnít shown nearly enough compared with what gowers did, but then again SOS didnít recruit Gowers.

Offline Thryleon

• Club Legend
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2018, 10:07:55 PM »
He did really well the other day at the VFL Awards. I would have thought that would do him some good. But then there was the message put out by Carlton suggested that some of our senior players may be put on the rookie list. If that happens, and it is looking likely, then we won't get a lot of picks in the draft without trading out some players or delisting guys I don't think we really want to flick. That makes it harder for both Fisher and Palmer.

The other thing is our interest in guys like Fasolo and McGovern. Fasolo and McGovern fill the role that Palmer would fill, and probably better. With out other forward options I cannot see us recruiting lots of guys for that role, especially with Matthew Wright to compete against.

I reckon that has put a lot of pressure on Garlett, Pickett and leBois as well. if we trade for a small forward, not likely, but not impossible, one of those three will go. Probably LeBois. (I really don't know what is going on with Garlett, even with him having an operation. He couldn't have too bad or we would have scheduled his surgery earlier.)

If the trades fall through, then Palmer really comes into the picture. But Fasolo and McGovern are looking like some of our more likely successes.

Thanks crash.

I have liked both of Fisher and Palmer and am hoping Fisher gets onto our rookie list even if Palmer doesn't.

Both of them are better than Lebois.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Offline crashlander

• Starship Captain and hyperspatial tourist
  • Global Moderator
  • Assistant Coach
  • Live Long and Prosper!
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2018, 12:11:11 PM »
Thanks crash.

I have liked both of Fisher and Palmer and am hoping Fisher gets onto our rookie list even if Palmer doesn't.

Both of them are better than Lebois.
I agree. LeBois MIGHT be good, but he is incredibly fragile. He is also not as fast as he thinks he is. He gets caught often.
Live Long and Prosper!

Offline kruddler

• Team Of The Century
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2018, 06:01:40 PM »
Gowers is a good example of why not to judge a book too early or think. Lebois hasnít shown nearly enough compared with what gowers did, but then again SOS didnít recruit Gowers.

For every Gowers, there is about 3 Watsons, Hartletts or Edwards....

Offline DJC

• Team Of The Century
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2018, 06:57:13 PM »
For every Gowers, there is about 3 Watsons, Hartletts or Edwards....

That's a very conservative estimate Kruddler  ;)

I thought Gowers had a bit going for him but wasn't surprised when he was cut.  It would have been poor list management to keep him for another year in the hope that he would pull his finger out.  Getting the ask seems to have given him the drive that wasn't there before but I suspect that he may not be a long term prospect.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be . . .

Offline Thryleon

• Club Legend
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2018, 07:03:41 PM »

I thought Gowers had a bit going for him but wasn't surprised when he was cut.  It would have been poor list management to keep him for another year in the hope that he would pull his finger out.  Getting the ask seems to have given him the drive that wasn't there before but I suspect that he may not be a long term prospect.

You don't waste your time thinking too hard about rookies.

You give them a couple of years and if they haven't cracked a game, move on.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Offline ElwoodBlues1

• Hall Of Fame
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2018, 07:14:30 PM »

Credit to the Bulldogs for playing him forward and finding his niche, he also looks a lot bigger and stronger and thats probably natural development.....I'd agree though when he was cut he didnt show much and it would be hard to argue keeping him..
Of course then you have JesseGMac who showed nothing but was retained....probably because he was Key Position or maybe interstate rookies have to get 2 years minimum, correct me if I am wrong.
Lebois is another who should be cut if you are applying the same logic that was applied to Gowers...

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 249208
  • Total Topics: 3535
  • Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 330
  • (April 06, 2014, 10:46:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 38
Total: 43