Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Attitude: 2019 Rd 3: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 8203 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Attitude: 2019 Rd 3: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #45
But where do we play him to best use those skills and his speed?
I’d almost say put him off half back because we desperately need run and carry off the back line from someone who can then dispose of the ball cleanly.

IMO : wing, outside receiver and as you say off the HB line setting up play. He could be elite in all 3 and it's a very nice problem to have. I can see him rotating between those 3. My 2 lire.

Reply #46
Too many Passengers?
How many times have we heard that since 2002?
It seems when a player pulls on the Navy Blue jumper he does't want to work hard for it or bleed for it.
ALL contracts should be performance based!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Being a bit hard on Crippa there BP

Reply #47
Ed moved to the middle it would seem

Reply #48
Lose next week and Bolton is close to finished.

I'm puzzled why Casboult is still on the list.   Can't ruck.   Can't play forward.   Refuses to move.   Total waste of time.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #49
I have never believed that Brendon Bolton was a coaches bootlace, and watching this game, has re-confirmed my opinion.

We can't and will not win a game, with the current game plan whatever that is. The coach, and I use that term loosely,  still has them going wide. They  are still playing stop start football.

As Garry Lyon has kept saying the whole game, you have got a big bloke like Harry Mac who is taking contested marks and should stay near the goals no matter what, and there he is playing on the wing because he's being dragged up the ground by his opponent. Surely the instruction from a coach with any intelligence would be, "I don't care what happens, you do not, under any circumstances, move any more than a maximum of 20 metres from goal".

Yes we have got passengers. Gibbons and Polson aren't good enough and never will be. Kennedy needs game time.  And yes, Dow is making mistakes, but he's got the ability, Walsh is and will continue to be a gun and will, barring injury, get better and better. Setterfield still has a way to go but hasn't played much and will hopefully get better

I believe that with our full team in, Krreuzer, Charlie Curnow and a couple of others, and we can win games.

And with some decent pick ups next year, who knows, we could play finals in 2020.

BUT, we will NEVER play finals with this bloke as coach. Once his plan A, whatever that is fails, he has no plan B let alone any other plan.

I don't care how many Robert Wall's you have so called mentoring him, nor do I care that Walls has said according to today's paper, that "he can coach". He can make as many barbecues as he likes, and love the players as much as he wants, but the quicker he's gone, and Barker replaces him for at least the rest of this season, the better.

Reply #51
He must be utterly incompetent if you want him replaced by Barker,  our tremendous "forward line" coach.   FMD,  he couldn't instruct Buddy how to kick goals.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #52
He must be utterly incompetent if you want him replaced by Barker,  our tremendous "forward line" coach.   FMD,  he couldn't instruct Buddy how to kick goals.
I thought Teague was our forward line coach?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #53
Is this ANOTHER honorable loss Bolton talks about?

Reply #54
That's the game. Too big a margin now.

Reply #55
Time to start Tanking again, uh oh we have competition now with Melb losing so well.
Maybe another Kroozer cup is coming?

Reply #56
McVeigh, Parker and Rampe are still their go-to players. When these guys go out, you have to wonder about the quality behind them. Heeney is class, but plenty of bit-part players. They play as a team in a system they know, that helps.

Reply #57
McVeigh, Parker and Rampe are still their go-to players. When these guys go out, you have to wonder about the quality behind them. Heeney is class, but plenty of bit-part players. They play as a team in a system they know, that helps.

What's this thing playing as a team? I'm intrigued, tell me more!

Reply #58

I just want him replaced, and Barker is the obvious choice, unless they want to give it to David Teague.

This year is done.

We actually have a better team than last year even allowing for the passengers, so we will have lots of so called honourable losses.

So get someone to coach out the year, and spend the next 6 months interviewing every available person that's out there.

Reply #59
Who would've thought Ed kicking 4?