Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 30128 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #45
Yep, it will be forgotten when Boltons head is on the chopping block too.

I'm not one to harp on about the umpires, but to suggest a whole team failed to infringe on anymore than 2 occasions in a half of football is complete bollocks. Especially when you look at a few examples very late in the game which led to direct goals that cost us the game.

I feel for Bolts because this could've been a turning point for him.
Yet 90% of the wider footballing public, and football media would not have watched this game, nor be aware of the circumstances with free kick counts etc. But at the end of the day, its another 'L' in the column that they will write about and point the finger at Bolton and co using it as 'proof' that he is no good.....and that goes for some on here as well.

That free kick count to anyone watching the game, is blatant interference. We lost to the mighty black, white, and greens...

I tilt my hat to our boys. They matched it in every area except those controlled by the whistleblower.
Furious. We may not have won, but we would have a result evidencing we're 'there abouts'
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #46
Will Dow's disposal ever improve? Stephenson's Rising Star award was bang on, has missed a beat, he wins the Filth games, Dow is one the few costing us games.

You know Judds disposal was not a strong suit of his either.

Look, if i was Collingwood, i'd have picked stephenson too.
If i am Carlton, i'd have taken Dow.

Long term gain vs short term gain.

Reply #47
Clearly a much better player.....now.

At the end of their career though?

Dow has had some Judd-like explosions from stoppages. If he can continue to grow that side of his game, and Cripps continues to roll with beast mode and Walsh continues to make the game look its too easy for him......then throw in Fisher, SPS....We'll have a midfield to die for, and Dow might be 4th in line for a tag every week and dominate the game in a way that Stephenson could only dream of.

Currently, they're all kids though.

We said the same thing about Gibbs v Selwood, that Bryce would catch up but it never happened.

I have seen enough, guns don't consistently  miss sitters.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #48
They got 3 of the arsiest goals i’ve ever seen
We handed them 3 or 4 of the easiest goals. The WHE was a shocker.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #49
Between myself and eb1 we've highlighted 3 'non-decisions' in that time that directly led to goals. Thats 18 points off their score, and 3 times the ball goes our way instead. We lost by 19 points.

...and thats just deep inside 50 frees!

Bolton should ask for a please explain but they will back the umps. A guy climbed the goal posts last night and they backed the non decision.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #50
Just a pass? He should get a fricken the Gold Star of coaching!

10 goal loss against 18th.
6 days later
Was robbed against flag favourites by the whistle blowers.

All he gets is a 'pass'?

But the point remains....weeks from now, people won't think he'll get a pass for the pies game, the hawks game, the gold coast game. He'll get 3 more losses in a long line of losses....and little more.

You get a Gold Star when you win but I dont see reasonable people marking today as a fail in his coaching examination....

Reply #51
The positive side of things is if we continue the path we have played so far this season, is that we will have 3 wins by the end of the year.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #52
Both...but Kreuzer makes a huge difference.
Most of our best football this year is when he plays

yes, he just makes us a better team.

At any rate, they got a couple of junk time goals, the ball on a silver platter regularly, they've rolled the Tigers, Lions, Port. sitting 2nd on the ladder...............most thought we would be facing annihilation. Our boys fought it out to the end. In 2015, that would have been a 100 point loss minimum.

Reply #53
The positive side of things is if we continue the path we have played so far this season, is that we will have 3 wins by the end of the year.

I think we need 6 wins plus to say we have progressed...3 wins will probably have us bottom...

Reply #54
yes, he just makes us a better team.

At any rate, they got a couple of junk time goals, the ball on a silver platter regularly, they've rolled the Tigers, Lions, Port. sitting 2nd on the ladder...............most thought we would be facing annihilation. Our boys fought it out to the end. In 2015, that would have been a 100 point loss minimum.

Kreuzer and Setterfield bring the size to help Cripps.

Last week Cripps was getting hammered.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #55
Close to the worst umpiring I have ever seen.

Yes, I'm not normally bothered by the umpiring, but that was awful. The blokes on AFL Grandstand, which include Huddo and Parkin, were telling it exactly as it was. One crap decision after another.

Reply #56
Between myself and eb1 we've highlighted 3 'non-decisions' in that time that directly led to goals. Thats 18 points off their score, and 3 times the ball goes our way instead. We lost by 19 points.

...and thats just deep inside 50 frees!
I could watch the replay pick the blunders by us that cost 4-5 goals.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #57
Kreuzer and Setterfield bring the size to help Cripps.

Last week Cripps was getting hammered.

Playing on a kid like Wills also helped Cripps, Setterfield is a handy rough nut around the ball.

Reply #58
Just a pass? He should get a fricken the Gold Star of coaching!

10 goal loss against 18th.
6 days later
Was robbed against flag favourites by the whistle blowers.

All he gets is a 'pass'?

But the point remains....weeks from now, people won't think he'll get a pass for the pies game, the hawks game, the gold coast game. He'll get 3 more losses in a long line of losses....and little more.

No we weren't.

Look a little deeper. We conceded the last 5 goals.

We were 2 goals up in the last qtr and threw it away. Why? Same old, same old... don't know how to win (the game was there for the taking, we had it) and when fierce, uncompromising pressure is applied we do poos and wees.

Remove last week as an aberration and you're left with what we find a way to do, our chronic condition... losing bravely. It's even the headline on the AFL website, "Magpies break brave Blues hearts in MCG thriller." Just about every week we are described as 'brave'... or 'honourable loss'.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #59
With fair umpirung today. We win.

Yes, agree. Chalk this up as a "nearly", plus the GC and Hawks games, and it's 4 wins.

The boys played for the coach today, don't worry about that.