Skip to main content

Poll

Which Party will receive your first preference vote at this Federal election?

ALP
[ 12 ] (48%)
LNP
[ 6 ] (24%)
Greens
[ 0 ] (0%)
One Nation
[ 2 ] (8%)
Other Official Party (Palmer, Hinch, Katter, Bernardi etc)
[ 3 ] (12%)
Independent
[ 2 ] (8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 20, 2019, 09:17:02 am

Topic: Federal Election 2019 (Read 10127 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Federal Election 2019

Reply #15
The Liberals are hopeless - self indulgent hypocrites imo.

They sliced and diced both their best chances at winning an election - Bishop and Turnbull - because they were outsiders (with brains).

But Big Bad Bill Shorten? An all but certain winner.

God help this country....and I'm not religious   :o
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
Difficult choices.  Please give us some centrist policies and a vision that will unite a country and lead us to a a society that is cohesive.

The current Gov are full of hatred and meanness,  which divides.  The main alternative has question marks over him, however has a stronger team.

Reply #17
Difficult choices.  Please give us some centrist policies and a vision that will unite a country and lead us to a a society that is cohesive.

The current Gov are full of hatred and meanness,  which divides.  The main alternative has question marks over him, however has a stronger team.

Its a team game after all.

Personal opinions of the figurehead, whichever figurehead you lean too, shouldn't cloud your judgement on who to vote for.....or against.

Reply #18

Libs have been overrun by religious zealots....you'd think they would be the antithesis of hatred and meanness, but alas...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #19
The best thing about Labor are Penny Wong and Tanya Plibersek.

See, we can agree on some things! I also think Albanese is okay.

There were three cats from the LNP who I didn't mind (2 women and a bloke) but they've all resigned!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #20
Libs have been overrun by religious zealots....you'd think they would be the antithesis of hatred and meanness, but alas...

Aint that the truth.

But maybe they'e Old Testament zealots which means, basically, if you're not of my faith, not a male, not white, not hetero sexual, not sober and don't vote LNP then you'll burn in hell for an eternity.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #21
Voted for the only one with any policy so that ruled out Morrison's mob.

Want Morrison's mob though to get 19+ seats in Qld though. Got $26 on Ladbrokes. Seeing they have 21 now if they don't get 19 there they get their @rse handed to them on a platter....and I lose money.

Did have money on Labor to get 76-80 seats.

ladbrokes odd:

Labor, with Hugh Bowman on board, Winx odds of $1.08
LNP are the "Happy Clapper's" now paying $8.00

Reply #22
Voted for the only one with any policy so that ruled out Morrison's mob.

Want Morrison's mob though to get 19+ seats in Qld though. Got $26 on Ladbrokes. Seeing they have 21 now if they don't get 19 there they get their @rse handed to them on a platter....and I lose money.

Did have money on Labor to get 76-80 seats.

ladbrokes odd:

Labor, with Hugh Bowman on board, Winx odds of $1.08
LNP are the "Happy Clapper's" now paying $8.00

Giving this election too much processed thought there buddy.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #24
The Liberals are hopeless - self indulgent hypocrites imo.

They sliced and diced both their best chances at winning an election - Bishop and Turnbull - because they were outsiders (with brains).

But Big Bad Bill Shorten? An all but certain winner.

God help this country....and I'm not religious   :o
God help those with investment properties, discretionary trusts or an inheritance. Get rid of the them all and go on the dole, Bill will look after you then.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #25
God help those with investment properties, discretionary trusts or an inheritance. Get rid of the them all and go on the dole, Bill will look after you then.

Don't pay tax no franking credits, sounds fair enough. Not as if they are struggling. If they were they be getting a pension, then the policy wouldn't affect them. We are the only country that uses that system. Going back to the system used by Keating and country's overseas. Brought in by howard as a vote buying exercise. 400bn that goes to the top end of town that can be used for those who need it, for services, the debt the Liberals doubled and increase the surplus, needed with global economic headwinds coming. This has been a highly incompetent Govt.

As you know there's no Death Tax.

Reply #26
Don't pay tax no franking credits, sounds fair enough. Not as if they are struggling. If they were they be getting a pension, then the policy wouldn't affect them. We are the only country that uses that system. Going back to the system used by Keating and country's overseas. Brought in by howard as a vote buying exercise. 400bn that goes to the top end of town that can be used for those who need it, for services, the debt the Liberals doubled and increase the surplus, needed with global economic headwinds coming. This has been a highly incompetent Govt.

As you know there's no Death Tax.

The franking credits proposal is dumb legislation that will favour wealthy dividend investors who will still claim all those credits on their tax return.
It will really only affect those low income retirees on less than 37k who most or part will end up qualifying for the pension or part of and thus becoming another welfare burden.
Its should be means tested...IMO it wont get through the senate, the other problem will be some of those low income investors moving their money into other asset classes and maybe'into offshore investments and the supposed savings Labor have budgeted for wont happen.

If Labour were serious they would have means tested the concept and let the little blokes at the bottom on 37k keep their franking credits and stay off the pension and
make the top end of town unable to claim those credits as tax deductions but that wont happen as pollies from both sides have massive portfolios to protect.

The other bizarre concept is that govts want to phase out pensions and have all folk retiring on super yet want to deny those with self managed funds those franking credits.

Reply #27
Franking credits is a crazy idea.  Why on earth would any government give taxpayers’ hard earned money to folk who don’t pay tax?

And I’m a self-funded retiree  :)

We all want better roads, health services, education, etc but no-one wants to pay more tax.  Stopping rorts like franking credits and negative gearing and making everyone pay their fare share of tax will provide the necessary funds.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28
Franking credits is a crazy idea.  Why on earth would any government give taxpayers’ hard earned money to folk who don’t pay tax?

And I’m a self-funded retiree  :)

We all want better roads, health services, education, etc but no-one wants to pay more tax.  Stopping rorts like franking credits and negative gearing and making everyone pay their fare share of tax will provide the necessary funds.

Dont disagree but the big end of town get to keep theirs and the little self funded retiree gets whacked and pushed onto the pension, the big end of town will also move money into areas like REIT's that
have to pay 90% of profits by law to shareholders which include those credits and are usually higher dividend equities.
Its not going to bring the savings that Labor are saying it will...

Negative gearing changes will only make the govt richer and new landlords who will stick up rents to make up the lost money....poor renter will pay the price..

Reply #29
Looking at this election results trend is making me laugh. All I have been listening to experts in the media for the past week, has been a comfortable victory by the Labour Party and Bill Shorten being our next Prime Minister. These experts need to check their medications. If this is an election they couldn’t lose, then fail big time. Big time. By experts and by a party that couldn’t sell policies the general public were willing to buy into.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.