Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Celebration: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 23222 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Celebration: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #45
Be interesting if Teague wins enough games to put him in the frame for the job but MLG and friends have done a deal
with another bigger name coach as of now....

Could be a situation like the Swans when Roos took over. He was the "people's choice."

Reply #46
Jones is mobile, strong and can play a wing

Come years ended be trading one of our talls to get a small forward and another midfielder

I've noticed over the recent years playing strong, tall mobile key position players on a wing works well.

Reply #47
Nothing like a bit of tagging to take the No 1 opposition player out of the game.....and play to your own players strengths.

Not having a dig at BB (though some might think I am) but it was really good to see some game day changes/tactics to cover one of their better players. The change to deal with Neale was very influential.

You can bet there'll be a lot of time put into other mids so Crippa doesn't have to play like this every week, though that'd be good it's too much to ask.

Encouraged by Setterfield today... just his kicking  ::)

One of Ed's best games. And good to see Gibbo get amongst it.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #48
Judd said today in the HUN that there won't be any more coaches with training wheels.

He must want out, otherwise that statement makes no sense!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #50

I'll try to find the link again.

Reply #51

Makes perfect sense. No more rookie senior coaches... learnt that lesson.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #52
Reading the AFL website, Neale had 24 disposals at 1/2 time, and 7 thereafter. Like most coaches, DT doesn't want to tag unless absolutely necessary.

Most games its necessary when you are under equipped vs the opposition. Geelong even run a tagger in Guthrie and they have A graders on tap...
I think Teague is a quick learner.....Bontempelli, Hunter and MacRae next week, all need a man close.
You can guarantee Cripps will look like an Indian peak hour train with bodies hanging all over him next week, reckon Bevo would have been taking notes
and have a memory of our last game.

Ed is an excellent tagger but a very average half forward.....hope he is tagging next week.

Reply #53

Means either an experienced coach or an assistant with a heap of experience.

Link I was after paywalled me the 2nd time.

Reply #54
Was stated strongly by one of the commentary team that Teague definitely wants the gig alright!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #55
It didn't look like he wanted out today.

What's that saying about winners, losers, fathers and orphans?

Why would Judd throw a rock at previously appointing a rookie coach, when he was one of the officials doing the appointing?

Anyway, that feels like his Buckley moment of the week, or perhaps it's just some journalistic mischief!

It's also a confession!

Where does that leave Teague, Voss, Ratten, Caracella or Camporeale?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #56

A little bit of a shot at Bolton if he did say it....as opposed to Cripps who was all class in mentioning Bolton in his post match.

I heard it mentioned elsewhere earlier today but I'd like to see a direct quote.

Reply #57
A little bit of a shot at Bolton if he did say it.....

Before the game?

Sorry to be discussing this here at this time, but I've just heard about it!

If it's true, does his position on the board and selection panel remain tenable?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58
I suspect the fix is probably already in....Teague could upset that with a few wins.

Unless of course a succession plan with Teague as the heir to any senior coach has already been agreed on...and that's not without some merit.

Reply #59
Before the game?

Sorry to be discussing this here at this time, but I've just heard about it!

If it's true, does his position on the board and selection panel remain tenable?

If it takes the thread too far off track I'll move the posts over to the 'next coach thread later tonight when it's a bit quieter.