Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Celebration: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 22938 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Celebration: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #90
Fagan is completely full of s#it.... in the extreme.

Cripps had the hardest of hard tags for the whole match. Mostly by Berry but they mixed it up. Especially at centre bounces he was being tackled while the rucks were contesting the hitout. He was just determination personified and wouldn't let the tag stop him. 10 blokes tagging him at once wouldn't have stopped him today.

That was one of the best individual matches in the history of football.

I doubt Fagan would have any motivation to lie, in the context of that particular presser.

Reply #91
Fagan's quote was : "Structurally we tried different things to get back into the game - we were sitting on Cripps until we realised it's not helping us - we better just hunt ourselves."

Reply #92
A fantastic win.
Q1. was disappointing although kick straight and we're there abouts  :-[
Once Neale was kept in check by Ed, our midfield got their mojo. Just shows, tag a highly influential player, play blokes in their best position and anything is possible. Ed and Gibbons were ample support for Cripps and the young mids.

Charlie given a bit more room allowed him to show his wares. Something that's been missing a bit of late.

Weiters and Casboult, the whole backline actually were solid. One of Weiters best games. He's so composed and coming of age - as we all hoped would happen.

Amazing isn't it. A win and we no longer look like a basket case.

Go Blues

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #93
I doubt Fagan would have any motivation to lie, in the context of that particular presser.

I have no idea about motivation but I was at the game and there is no way in hell Cripps could have been tagged any closer without breaking out handcuffs.

Remarked on it a couple of times during the game how impressive his game was given the tag.

Reply #94
Never thought he'd make a backman but he's handling it very well. Going to be interesting when Jones comes back. One of the 4 taller defenders will have to unfortunately go.
Not necessarily, Jones can player smaller, I'd drop one of Marchbank or Plowman, they have been horrible.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #95
Interesting that in the basic match stats on the AFL website, we won every stat except tackles.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #96
C R I P P S

Reply #97
Who was better today, SPS or Fisher?
SPS for mine, Zac didnt lay one tackle.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #98
Without Cripps we lose that game. When is the last time we had a player win a game off his own boot and drag us over the line? Probably Fev?
What an absolutely superstar he is, best player in the comp right now by a fair way.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #99
Without Cripps we lose that game. When is the last time we had a player win a game off his own boot and drag us over the line? Probably Fev?
What an absolutely superstar he is, best player in the comp right now by a fair way.

Yep, no Cripps, no Carlton. I think also Brisbane are still a developing team, they probably thought this was an easy 4 points, and took it a little easy. They were certainly down compared to recent weeks. Playing away from home, also probably caught unawares wrt tactics, new coach etc. In a sense a prefect storm.

Still happy for the 4 points, and happy for all concerned. Well done lads.

Reply #100
Interesting in game comments from Jonathan Brown. He reckons it took us 1 and a bit qtrs to sort out the correct pace to play at and hence gain the composure that is required. Initially he thought we were going at "a million miles an hour" and hence making far too many errors. Once we sorted that out our skill execution improved dramatically. Still plenty of work to do but a very heartening start.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #101
Interesting in game comments from Jonathan Brown. He reckons it took us 1 and a bit qtrs to sort out the correct pace to play at and hence gain the composure that is required. Initially he thought we were going at "a million miles an hour" and hence making far too many errors. Once we sorted that out our skill execution improved dramatically. Still plenty of work to do but a very heartening start.

Brown isn’t a silly man when it comes to football. He doesn’t hold back and sugar coat his views on what he can see. I also gives a basic breakdown on what is going on. Simplistic and a sense of reality. I am so happy we won. I think confidence is a great start. Let’s keep this football simple and play to our strengths. It may become a start to some better development the group can build on. Maybe over time players will want to join this playing group. As you said Cookie, plenty of work to do, but maybe there is truly something to work with here.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #102
Fagan is completely full of s#it.... in the extreme.

Cripps had the hardest of hard tags for the whole match. Mostly by Berry but they mixed it up. Especially at centre bounces he was being tackled while the rucks were contesting the hitout. He was just determination personified and wouldn't let the tag stop him. 10 blokes tagging him at once wouldn't have stopped him today.

That was one of the best individual matches in the history of football.

here, here. They were hanging off him like maggots on rotten meat!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #103
I thought it was a novel idea to play Ed Curnow in that role.
Playing him as a defensive mid, considering his body strength and fitness could be a good move from Teague.

Reply #104
SPS for mine, Zac didnt lay one tackle.

Fisher has been ordinary this year.

It seems every time he gets the pill he tries to do something 'clever' with it rather than just getting it moving asap....
Finals, then 4 in a row!