Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427705 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #1050
Herald Sun reporting that the premier is set to pull the trigger in stage 4 either today or Monday, construction would continue with additional. That would mean Public Transport would need to continue. The info I got was not quite correct.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1051
Herald Sun reporting that the premier is set to pull the trigger in stage 4 either today or Monday, construction would continue with additional. That would mean Public Transport would need to continue. The info I got was not quite correct.

What i heard was that construction would NOT continue. Same as NZ stage 4

Reply #1052
For those playing at home. Here is the Dan Andrews 'cheat sheet'.

His press conferences decoded.
--------------------------------------
11am = not terrible
After 12pm = bad
Wearing a suit =  real bad news
Sports jacket = moderately bad news
Northface jumper = it's the weekend
Wearing a suit on the weekend after 12pm = $hlt's f**ked

Reply #1053
What i heard was that construction would NOT continue. Same as NZ stage 4
Heard the same Krud, remains to be seen.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1054
For those playing at home. Here is the Dan Andrews 'cheat sheet'.

His press conferences decoded.
--------------------------------------
11am = not terrible
After 12pm = bad
Wearing a suit =  real bad news
Sports jacket = moderately bad news
Northface jumper = it's the weekend
Wearing a suit on the weekend after 12pm = $hlt's f**ked
Drum roll.....and its Wearing a suit on the weekend after 12pm = $hlt's f**ked
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1056
Another 24 hours wait it seems  ::)
Yeah, 3 categories, 1 business as usual, 2 restricted output and 3 closed if you cant work from home.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1057
When is the next state election?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1059
A hidden stat you wont find in the media, 200% increase in the suicide rate in Victoria due to Covid19....

Reply #1060
Elwood - not having a go, but where is that stat from - I have seen it mentioned a few times.  ABS posted their stats on 25/9/19 for 2018.

There are a couple of articles that speak about 2019 - but haven't seen anything that officially compares 2020 against anything.

Reply #1061
Elwood - not having a go, but where is that stat from - I have seen it mentioned a few times.  ABS posted their stats on 25/9/19 for 2018.

There are a couple of articles that speak about 2019 - but haven't seen anything that officially compares 2020 against anything.
Check your PMs

Reply #1062
A hidden stat you wont find in the media, 200% increase in the suicide rate in Victoria due to Covid19....
I often wonder how much of that is due to COVID, and the lock-down effects on trade and employment, versus the effects on some caused by the media's hysterical reporting and sensationalism!

There are a lot of people just soaking in everything the TV stations and newspapers say, without being mindful enough to cast a critical eye, it must be draining, it must be oppressive. That's not even considering the effects of social media, which is another whole level worse and unaccountable!

Look at those graphs posted earlier, most will just look at them and never read the values on either axis, they just see the shapes and assume they all tell the same story. I find my elderly mother-in-law is particularly vulnerable, especially to the late afternoon news sensationalism. There would be plenty in a bad head-space even before this COVID situation who dread turning on the TV, but can't help doing so!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1063
I often wonder how much of that is due to COVID, and the lock-down effects on trade and employment, versus the effects on some caused by the media's hysterical reporting and sensationalism!

There are a lot of people just soaking in everything the TV stations and newspapers say, without being mindful enough to cast a critical eye, it must be draining, it must be oppressive. That's not even considering the effects of social media, which is another whole level worse and unaccountable!

Look at those graphs posted earlier, most will just look at them and never read the values on either axis, they just see the shapes and assume they all tell the same story. I find my elderly mother-in-law is particularly vulnerable, especially to the late afternoon news sensationalism. There would be plenty in a bad head-space even before this COVID situation who dread turning on the TV, but can't help doing so!
LP,I think the reporting as it always does covers the horror stories more and as you say the vulnerable folk with issues pre covid find it tough to wake up each day and read and see the bad news.
There would be an element of employment related deaths I guess to similar to what the farming/rural industry has gone and is going through. I'm sure we have some posters from CSC doing it tough too and lets hope they are ok and can reach out to family/friends etc. Paramedics are attending far more mental health calls than covid cases is what I have been told...

Reply #1064
LP,I think the reporting as it always does covers the horror stories more and as you say the vulnerable folk with issues pre covid find it tough to wake up each day and read and see the bad news.
There would be an element of employment related deaths I guess to similar to what the farming/rural industry has gone and is going through. I'm sure we have some posters from CSC doing it tough too and lets hope they are ok and can reach out to family/friends etc. Paramedics are attending far more mental health calls than covid cases is what I have been told...
Interesting, I had a mate text me just yesterday telling me alot of his male clients are telling him they are struggling. Gotta speak up boys, talk, get help, anywhere, anytime.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th