Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 1 2022 Post Game Permutations (Read 5130 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 1 2022 Post Game Permutations

Reply #45
I thought that they could have been talking about Jones.
Yes, I always get them confused, hard to tell them apart really! :o

The Force Awakens!

Reply #46
I think we took and withstood the blitzkrieg tactics of Richmond while keeping in touch for about 3 quarters, until their players eventually ran out of steam. We then could play the remainder of the game on our terms and put them away.  I thought it was a very professional performance and one that should build a lot of confidence for us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #47
Haha!!  Might need some form of explanation for our 'younger contributors'!!

I couldn't find any footage of Bruce demonstrating the art of kicking so this will have to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDmCHD0mpo0
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #48
Watching the last qtr again, as you do. The domination at the stoppages and pressure around the contest was something I haven't seen in years. Richmond were just physically blown away.

Big roar during that last qtr when Docherty had the ball near Bay 13. Thought it was Scotty Boland again...lol

Reply #49
Watching the last qtr again, as you do. The domination at the stoppages and pressure around the contest was something I haven't seen in years. Richmond were just physically blown away.

Big roar during that last qtr when Docherty had the ball near Bay 13. Thought it was Scotty Boland again...lol
Hardwick said they couldnt handle the bigger bodies of Cripps and Kennedy in particular, be an interesting challenge this week with the Dogs who have the equipment to match our size in the middle...

Reply #50
Hardwick said they couldnt handle the bigger bodies of Cripps and Kennedy in particular, be an interesting challenge this week with the Dogs who have the equipment to match our size in the middle...

They do but the Dogs are one side we have given fits too the last few years. We seem to match up well. Even last year, while we were run over, we were 27 pts ahead 2 minutes before 3 qtr time.

Reply #51
Is anyone able to explain to me how Lynch and Riewoldt can dead in front of a field umpire blatantly double handed push opponents directly in the back and not be penalised?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
Is anyone able to explain to me how Lynch and Riewoldt can dead in front of a field umpire blatantly double handed push opponents directly in the back and not be penalised?
TBH I think the Tigers have had a very very good run of playing dirty and getting away with it with their frenetic ball use - it was nice to see them getting pinged for things. Yes a few were missed but they used to get away with all of those 50/50’s.

Reply #53
TBH I think the Tigers have had a very very good run of playing dirty and getting away with it with their frenetic ball use - it was nice to see them getting pinged for things. Yes a few were missed but they used to get away with all of those 50/50’s.
I fully understand when it's those 50/50s in the grind, but when it's one on one in clear space with no opponents in proximity and a clear unhindered side on view to the field umpire it's very very hard to understand.

To me these are the incidents that cause the majority of umpire abuse issues, not the 50/50s in traffic that need slow motion analysis to be visible.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #54
Who else had a little 'dust in the eyes' when Doc slotted his goal?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #55
Best win since the last time we beat them.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #57
Another example occurred in Q4 and is shown with 9:14 remaining on the clock and a replay at 8.34 on the clock. When the Tigers were kicking out after a behind, LOB took the front position against Aarts outside 50 and the ball was kicked on top of his head. Aarts is clearly shown pushing LOB out of the contest with 2 hands to his lower back. He managed to shove him into the path of the Gov who was leaping up to take the mark. In effect, Aarts tunnelled Gov via LOB. That led to Gov hobbling off while Aarts took the ball off hands and ran down the ground with it.

It was just so obvious and yet the umpire didn't have a problem with it. I was incensed when I saw it live as I leapt to the conclusion that Aarts knew Gov was coming up and deliberately tunnelled him. But there was no evidence of Aarts looking around to see Gov coming. I guess he expected it at some level as LOB was clearly blocking rather than trying to take the mark and perhaps the umpire felt he wasn't going to reward the block.

Reply #58
Not sure why they changed the hands in the back rule.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!