Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 7 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast in Perth (Read 3397 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 7 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast in Perth

Reply #45
Fark. Probably our best team for the year. Fair enough resting Cowan.  Kennedy gets the A, TDK plays reserves.

Owies the only one I rate that's still out. 

Noticed 17 pages in the Post Game thread. If we don't win on Sat arvo there will be 117 pages !!!
 O0  O0  O0

Reply #46
Sacrifice for the non-performers.
So how would you explain Honey still getting a run? Team balance perhaps?

Reply #47
VERY happy with the selections this week......i'm assuming that Kennedy plays as the sub. If we play TDK as sub we haven't learned anything.

Cowan was due for a rest, i said as much a few days ago. You 'could' play him as the sub, but i think you'd be better off using Kennedy who can play midfield or forward if required.

Send TDK back to the 2's and let him dominate there. Hopefully get some confidence back and remind him what he should be doing at AFL level.

Kemp in is a week too late. He'll be playing McGoverns role.
McGovern will be playing Youngs role.
Young on the bench has me worried that something isn't quite right there. Although i think he is being transitioned into our 2nd ruck. Who, unlike TDK, can realistically hold down another position on the ground outside of the ruck.

Honey is the only one i'd question. Give him another week, the big ground might help him. But, he should be on notice.
Ed Curnow was the invisible man last week before being subbed. He'd wanna make that a one-off otherwise he might be playing 2's as well.

Reply #48
I'm sure Kennedy is sub. Unfortunately you have to be omitted. Hardwick complained about it the other week.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #49
Our subs are getting stronger at least.
Young is very flexible he can also take a strong grab in the forward line.

Reply #50
I'm sure Kennedy is sub. Unfortunately you have to be omitted. Hardwick complained about it the other week.
I reckon Saad might not get up and could be a last minute out.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #51
Fark. Probably our best team for the year. Fair enough resting Cowan.  Kennedy gets the A, TDK plays reserves.

Owies the only one I rate that's still out. 

Noticed 17 pages in the Post Game thread. If we don't win on Sat arvo there will be 117 pages !!!
 O0  O0  O0
I thought Dutchy needed a rest ahead of Moo. TDK is "...not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"🍺🍺
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #52
I guess Honey is being given his opportunity, but, by God, he hasn't taken it so far! Very disappointed with his output and effort. I want to see him sweat!
Fisher - yes, he played well in the first half, but it is 2 weeks in a row that he has delivered nothing in the second half. Again, I really want to see some effort.
Corey Durdin needs to do more too. I', willing to give him a break coming back from injuries, but he's had enough time. Time to deliver.
I'd take Tom de Koning as the sub: I hate depending on 1 ruckman. It is, militarily, a point source weakness. And we need to get some form into him. I'd like to have the ability of playing him in the VFL, but if anything happens to Pitto, then there is nobody else.
I have no idea how Lemmey or Mirkov are going. Both missed last week. O'Keefe tried his guts out, but we got killed in the ruck.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #53
I reckon Saad might not get up and could be a last minute out.

Given the travel, It'll be tricky managing late changes and we have some returning from injury 😬
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #54
Kennedy has already been named sub tomorrow. Doesn't like having to omit the player to be sub. Wants that changed.

Re: Voss on the CFC website

Reply #55
Kennedy has already been named sub tomorrow. Doesn't like having to omit the player to be sub. Wants that changed.

Hardwick said the same thing about Cotchin the other week.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #56

Perfect.

If we do have basically a fit bunch of midfielders, i'd like to see us use the sub in this fashion throughout the year.
Rotate which mids get a rest. Could be Hewitt next week. Cerra the following week. Ed Curnow if he is still playing gets a week as a sub. They get a bit of a freshen up and make an impact when they come on.

Reply #57
I think we should use Kennedy a lot more up forward than we do, everyone talks about Cripps resting down there etc but Kennedy can actually kick straight, take a mark and has some forward craft.
When he returned to the team after being ignored for a while a few seasons back he was real good value forward before getting injured again. I think he is in our best 22 and a under rated component of the team and I would have dropped Ed Curnow this week who had a real average game and this is after we had Kennedy play down back and out of position.

Reply #58
So let me get this right..

Out
Motlop (susp), TDK (dropped), Moo (managed)

In
Saad (injury ret), Doc, (injury ret), Kemp (2's form)

Sub (from last wk 22)
MK

Is that it?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #59
So let me get this right..

Out
Motlop (susp), TDK (dropped), Moo (managed)

In
Saad (injury ret), Doc, (injury ret), Kemp (2's form)

Sub (from last wk 22)
MK

Is that it?

Not quite. 

De Koning was "managed" the week before and wasn't in the 22.  Cowan is "managed" this week. O'Brien was the sub and he has been omitted and Motlop is out suspended.  Kennedy is also omitted but he is going to be the sub.  Therefore:

Outs: Cowan (managed), Motlop (suspended), Kennedy (omitted), O'Brien (omitted sub)

Ins: Docherty, Saad, Kemp ... and Kennedy will be the sub.

I suspect that a couple of players won't be in their normal roles.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball