Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 13 2023 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Essendon (Read 4780 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 13 2023 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #120
Im not sure how relevant the soccer is here when comparing to this scenes.  It's well known that soccer echo's political allegiances and a lot of money and threats change hands in those environments.   The ultras are guns for hire.

Those escalations are usually organised mob hits not fans having a punch on over a red card.

Thats the cover story.

Regarding our snowflakes, they put in third quarters like what we saw against essendon some unhinged fans will go ballistic.  That's the good with the bad.  If you don't like it, play for a club with no fans.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #121
Andrew Gaze is without a doubt THE unfunniest bloke on the THE unfunniest footy show on TV.
Didnt hear what he said but I love Gazey.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #122
I agree with what you're saying but there's a lot of very, very committed supporters out there and they're hurting.  Really hurting.  So if they say a few nasty things, I get it.

I don't get it one bit. I thought we Carlton Supporters were classier than that, clearly not.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #123
Im not sure how relevant the soccer is here when comparing to this scenes.  It's well known that soccer echo's political allegiances and a lot of money and threats change hands in those environments.   The ultras are guns for hire.

Those escalations are usually organised mob hits not fans having a punch on over a red card.

Thats the cover story.

Regarding our snowflakes, they put in third quarters like what we saw against essendon some unhinged fans will go ballistic.  That's the good with the bad.  If you don't like it, play for a club with no fans.

I was referring to violence, abuse and intimidation directed towards players and officials, as opposed to issues between supporter groups.

Reply #124
Abuse of players at the ground by supporters is just not on. Unacceptable. I know it's a loud minority but they should pull their heads in. Players shouldn't have to put up with this and be subjected to such abuse. I bet no-one is hurting more than the players, coaches, staff and so on.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #125
Anyone who uses the word 'youse' lacks any credibility and should not be listened to.

Reply #126
Anyone who uses the word 'youse' lacks any credibility and should not be listened to.
Even worse than that, I used to work with a guy that didn't say "youse", he said (phonetically) "news" !! Used to drive me nuts.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #127
You do realise it’s a game a sport a recreation a pastime to say that the club owes you a refund is ridiculous.
Don’t buy a ticket if you don’t want to lose because every match is 50/50

Maybe for you - but people in general dedicate their lives to the "club" they wish to belong. Players get paid enough - if they continue to put in disheartening efforts then members should demand a refund.

Reply #128

🤣
You're quite right. That's bugs me too. As does the phrase "how are we?"
But I digress. Thanks for the laugh!
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #129
But from a statistical point of view, Hoyne isn’t convinced Essendon is a finals-bound team in 2023.

Scott’s men are coming off a 34-point win over Carlton, but Hoyne has a number of fears from that performance on the Bombers’ style.

“It’s a great story, 8-5, they’re probably every chance to play finals now.. but the reality is, the way they’re playing at the moment, history will say it’s far from a sustainable brand of footy on the weekend,” he began.

“Based on accuracy, they should have lost that game by a goal, 85-79, if Carlton had kicked to expectation. Essendon giving up 85 points to a team that hasn’t been able to score for multiple weeks now is a concern.

“Carlton haven’t been able to move the footy for the last seven or eight weeks of the season, the third-worst ball movement team in the competition in terms of going one end of the ground to the other.

“They went from defensive 50 to inside 50 39 per cent of the time (against Essendon). That’s Carlton's best ball movement game of the season.

“28 shots to 23 shots for Carlton on the weekend, they win contested possession by 17, Essendon only picked off Carlton in that midfield zone of the ground 29 times, compare that to Melbourne’s 50 against Collingwood on the weekend.”

He added: “We talk about defensive profiles being the ones that hold up, only West Coats has conceded more inside 50s than what Essendon has this year and no team has won the ball back less in their forward half of the ground than what Essendon has this year.”
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #130
🤣
You're quite right. That's bugs me too. As does the phrase "how are we?"
But I digress. Thanks for the laugh!
Last one then back on topic, the word that annoys me most at the moment and I reckon it's the most used word in the English language these days, Perspective. I find myself using it sometimes but for some reason, it drives me nuts.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #131
Abuse of players at the ground by supporters is just not on. Unacceptable. I know it's a loud minority but they should pull their heads in. Players shouldn't have to put up with this and be subjected to such abuse. I bet no-one is hurting more than the players, coaches, staff and so on.
Maybe they should all wear head phones like Mackay!!!
Wait a minute are we talking about grown men here or school kids?
They should all grow a set!

Reply #132
Maybe they should all wear head phones like Mackay!!!
Wait a minute are we talking about grown men here or school kids?
They should all grow a set!
We are talking about human beings.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #133
We keep getting smashed in the centre .

Stoppage Clearances: 19-16 in our favour
Centre Clearances: 13-7 to the Bombers

This has been happening all year.

We have won 4 games, and a draw this year.

We have won the clearances in just 1 of those game.......the west coach game....which we won by 100 points, but we were only +5 in clearances.

This is actually how we've been playing all year.

Reply #134
I said that.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!