Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 10 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney (Read 4234 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 10 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #45
Swans are firing on all cylinders at the moment. Leaving aside I. Zucchini, they have plenty of stars going through that midfield, the highest %, highest points for and lowest against. They will be our toughest opponent to date. I can't see a win to be honest.
A big test of our toughness and nous.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #46
A big test of our toughness and nous.

Yes. There's a sizeable body of work recently that suggests we won't be blown away, and we are a real chance to win every game. But the Swans are a pretty tall order at the moment IMO.

Reply #47
Yes. There's a sizeable body of work recently that suggests we won't be blown away, and we are a real chance to win every game. But the Swans are a pretty tall order at the moment IMO.
Yes we have a real chance now of winning every game we play, provided that we can keep focus and do things right. The Swans will make that hard.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
@PaulP it took a little while (2-3hrs) for I. Zucchini to sink in and then bob to the surface… 😎
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #49
Big no to Williams this week.  Get fit first.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #50

Yep. The one potent thing we're confronted with against the Fluffy Ducks is that they maintain pressure for four qtrs. We tend to have a lapse in just about every game, and that's all they will need to open up a lead... and keep it.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #51
Big no to Williams this week.  Get fit first.

I wouldn't touch our backline until Saad is ready.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #52
I actually thought Cowan struggled a bit last week, he looks like he needs a rest, and he got lost in play quite a few times, so if Williams is fit I'd put him straight in.

But I don't know the role Cowan was asked to play, however I wouldn't be removing Cincotta.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #53
All of our defenders and our defensive structures stood up very well to intense pressure last week.  Apart from Petracca, all of the Melbourne forwards were well beaten.

I would be inclined to go with the same seven this week unless there’s a compelling match up for Williams AND he’s completely fit.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #54
Yep. The one potent thing we're confronted with against the Fluffy Ducks is that they maintain pressure for four qtrs. We tend to have a lapse in just about every game, and that's all they will need to open up a lead... and keep it.
Spot on Baggers. If we bring 4 qtr effort we can win. We have had in game lapses in every game this year. Swans don't. The hard 4-5 week block we've had makes it harder but they are still beatable. Mids set up and kick most of their goals. Need to get it in quick to our forward line. Swans slice defences by clean ball movement so 4 qtr pressure non negotiable for us to win.

Reply #55
All of our defenders and our defensive structures stood up very well to intense pressure last week.  Apart from Petracca, all of the Melbourne forwards were well beaten.

I would be inclined to go with the same seven this week unless there’s a compelling match up for Williams AND he’s completely fit.

I reckon he is straight back in for indigenous round.

Its happened before. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #56
Cowan should be the first one removed from our backline, but i wouldn't drop him for Williams this week.

Reply #57
Not that long ago Boyd was the whipping boy, now I feel assured when I see him with the ball and even near the ball.  Not saying Cowan will do the same but I hope he does.  Our mate Marchbank might have other feelings about Boyd though.

Reply #58
Not that long ago Boyd was the whipping boy, now I feel assured when I see him with the ball and even near the ball.  Not saying Cowan will do the same but I hope he does.  Our mate Marchbank might have other feelings about Boyd though.

Marchbank and Boyd play different roles.

Marchbank plays a similar role to McGovern and Kemp

Reply #59
Marchbank and Boyd play different roles.

Marchbank plays a similar role to McGovern and Kemp

I think BB may have been referring to Boydy’s collision that concussed Marchy and fractured some vertebrae.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball