Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 10 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney (Read 4339 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 10 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #60
I think BB may have been referring to Boydy’s collision that concussed Marchy and fractured some vertebrae.

Ah.....was that Boyd was it. Couldn't recall. Makes sense.

Reply #61
need to stop transition footy  from our forward line ,most teams beat us when they go quick from there defense so our forwards Must bring the PRESSURE especially on the lizard 

Reply #62
need to stop transition footy  from our forward line ,most teams beat us when they go quick from there defense so our forwards Must bring the PRESSURE especially on the lizard 
Cottrell for the Lizard.....?
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #63
Too outsized imo....Cottrell might have to play on Gulden, clearly the best and most damaging winger in the comp with his kicking being elite and if he plays well the the Swans forwards are going to be well supplied.

Reply #64

Just get Jack to give him a clip again ... not that I'm advocating violence  :)

Actually, Jack could put a bit of work into Blakey and keep him accountable.  Sydney's defence is under-sized and will struggle against our three talls and Martin.  If Blakey is busting a gut trying to defend Martin or one of our talls, as well as trying to help his teammates, he's not going to be taking off on too many runs down the ground.

Sometimes I think that supporters worry too much about opposition players and don't think about how difficult it will be for the opposition to stop our blokes running amok.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #65
Jon Ralph reporting that Cottrell is out for a month with a navicular stress reaction - whatever that is.
Just what we needed....

Reply #66
Cottrell out.
Cunners injured in the 2's.
Williams might be forced to come in.

Reply #67
Cottrell out.
Cunners injured in the 2's.
Williams might be forced to come in.
Not sure I want to see Williams play down back with no suitable opposition....

Reply #68
Jon Ralph reporting that Cottrell is out for a month with a navicular stress reaction - whatever that is.
Just what we needed....
Yep.  Heard that on socials.  That's the equivalent of season ending if our reporting is true to form.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #69
Yep.  Heard that on socials.  That's the equivalent of season ending if our reporting is true to form.

I think in the last couple of years we have been honest.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #70
The Fluffy Ducks midfield is deadly, and is where they get create many of their goals. Our midfield will have their work cut out for them controlling and then hurting this mob the other way. Hewett and Chugga will be critical in respect to defence at stoppages. Pity Cerra is injured.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #71
They're good but we're better. Only thing keeping them in it is the SCG mini ground factor.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #72
They're good but we're better. Only thing keeping them in it is the SCG mini ground factor.

Gerard Healy is adamant that the smallness of the SCG is both overstated and a relic of the 80's.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/03/06/its-not-that-small-brownlow-medallist-dispels-famous-scg-myth/

Reply #73
I think in the last couple of years we have been honest.

Better perhaps, but if they are being honest they actually are saying they have no idea how long he will be out....

Matthew Cottrell (foot)

- Underwent scans yesterday which revealed a navicular stress reaction in his left foot
- Club will work through a rehabilitation plan over the coming weeks
- Availability: To be reassessed following the Club’s Round 14 bye

Reply #74
Not sure I want to see Williams play down back with no suitable opposition....

I wasn't saying that he needs to play down back, just that he might need to play. Running out of soldiers.

Who comes in for Cottrell?

The outs last week were Fantasia, Young, Cuningham and Williams.
Cunners is injured.
Young is a different type.
So pick 1 out of Fantasia and Williams......or someone else from the 2's. Binns?