Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 10 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney (Read 4526 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 10 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #165
I'd be happy either way regarding binns but truth be told he isn't vying with fantasia for the same role and binns doesn't bring afl experience to the table.
I love your enthusiasm, but if Fantasia comes in and has another 25pt rating game it's over for him the moment other players get fit.

If we are going to carry a player getting single digit disposals and having little game influence, it may as well be a longer term project. That's just how I see it.

Generally, you have some senior types around the club on the fringes, it is so they can come in and do a job having an immediate impact without the need to learn the ropes. As horrible as this sounds, we got more out of Tutt, Lang, Smedts maybe even Clem Smith than we have out of Fantasia for a similar number of games.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #166
I love your enthusiasm, but if Fantasia comes in and has another 25pt rating game it's over for him the moment other players get fit.

If we are going to carry a player getting single digit disposals and having little game influence, it may as well be a longer term project. That's just how I see it.

Generally, you have some senior types around the club on the fringes, it is so they can come in and do a job having an immediate impact without the need to learn the ropes. As horrible as this sounds, we got more out of Tutt, Lang, Smedts maybe even Clem Smith than we have out of Fantasia for a similar number of games.

Agree LP. Better to play a young developing player than Fantasia. He has had enough chances and shown zip. 

Reply #167
We resurrected Fantasia's career when all and sundry reckoned he was kaputt.  Time to pay the rent or feck off.  It grinds my gears to watch blokes going at half rat power when there's always kids crying out for opportunity.

Even if you can't get a kick, you can still lay tackles and put on blocks.  Don't just stand there DO SOMETHING
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #168
We resurrected Fantasia's career when all and sundry reckoned he was kaputt.  Time to pay the rent or feck off.  It grinds my gears to watch blokes going at half rat power when there's always kids crying out for opportunity.

Even if you can't get a kick, you can still lay tackles and put on blocks.  Don't just stand there DO SOMETHING
Orazio spent the second half of last  season in the SANFL and Port played Jed MCEntee ahead of him as a small pressure forward and he didnt exactly light it up imo so you have to ask why wasnt Fantasia played when he appeared fit and had some good games where he kicked goals and had decent stats.

Reply #169
Agree LP. Better to play a young developing player than Fantasia. He has had enough chances and shown zip.

Far be it from me to stick up for Fantasia, but its games like this one which is the reason we picked him up.
A senior body, with AFL experience, with the smarts to turn a game quickly against quality opposition.
If he ever wants to justify his position, its tonight under the above (finals like) conditions.

If we were outside of the top 8, then 100% you play the kid.....but thats not where we are as a team right now.

Reply #170
Far be it from me to stick up for Fantasia, but its games like this one which is the reason we picked him up.
A senior body, with AFL experience, with the smarts to turn a game quickly against quality opposition.
If he ever wants to justify his position, its tonight under the above (finals like) conditions.

If we were outside of the top 8, then 100% you play the kid.....but thats not where we are as a team right now.

Tend to agree. He went back to the Magoos and regained some touch in the midfield. But this would have to be his last chance. Perhaps the smaller ground will help him... goodness knows he needs all the help he can get, going by his senior form to date!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #171
Carroll starting sub tonight

Reply #172
Alastair Lynch saying that Zac Williams is doing goal kicking training with the rest of the forwards tonight.
Might be trying the Jack Martin role.

Reply #173

It's a marathon not a sprint.  Binns ain't the second coming of Eddie betts.  Come finals time if orazio gets up and running he'll be a difference maker.  Binns is on L plates.  He isn't Sam Walsh, he's in his second year and I'd rather we get orazio up to pace and see if it works.  We aren't flushed for outside run either way so they should both be in the mix.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #174
It's a marathon not a sprint.  Binns ain't the second coming of Eddie betts.  Come finals time if orazio gets up and running he'll be a difference maker.  Binns is on L plates.  He isn't Sam Walsh, he's in his second year and I'd rather we get orazio up to pace and see if it works.  We aren't flushed for outside run either way so they should both be in the mix.
We cannot have Fantasia, Durdin, Ollie Hollands all in the one side, we are carrying too many non-physical types which leaves us too easy to play against.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #175
We cannot have Fantasia, Durdin, Ollie Hollands all in the one side, we are carrying too many non-physical types which leaves us too easy to play against.
binns isn't a tackle machine either

Paul Hewson

Reply #176
binns isn't a tackle machine either
Fantasia been in the AFL system at 3 clubs for 10 years, Binns has 1 game 1 year under his belt!

Fantasia is embarrassing himself.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #177
Fantasia been in the AFL system at 3 clubs for 10 years, Binns has 1 game 1 year under his belt!

Fantasia is embarrassing himself.

Cognitive ability is escaping you slightly.  We've had about 10 passengers tonight, two of our best McKay and walsh have cost us dearly, TDK's not getting near the footy, our defense is under siege, our key forwards aren't kicking goals and binns for fantasia is what you're focussing on?

Did you see his one effort at afl level?  He's not ready yet.

Paul Hewson

Reply #178
Cognitive ability is escaping you slightly.  We've had about 10 passengers tonight, two of our best McKay and walsh have cost us dearly, TDK's not getting near the footy, our defense is under siege, our key forwards aren't kicking goals and binns for fantasia is what you're focussing on?

Did you see his one effort at afl level?  He's not ready yet.
If only the disappointment was just this one game, but Fantasia is properly cooked, I can't understand why he is being defended.

Talking about the others is just deflection, this bloke Fantasia has underperformed to the point of having zero impact in every game he has played in 2024. So the point of developing someone is quite valid, they won't be worse.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #179
He’s being defended on potential, same as Binns is being promoted…
Let’s go BIG !