Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 11 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 3342 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 11 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #75
We can all laugh and joke, but it is the right thing to do....for a couple of reasons.

1. Who does he play on? Is there a matchup for him? No.....so why play him?
2. We need to be smarter with our player managing after coming back from injuries. Look at all the 're-injuring' we've had lately. Cerra, Williams....a couple others....have injured themselves in the 2nd game back....or 3rd game back. Ease them back into it and you'll have them available longer.

There is another explanation ... but I'll leave that alone  :)

I think that we would prefer to "manage" more players more often but we just haven't had the soldiers to make that possible.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #76
How has Fantasia kept his spot? What on earth is going on!!

:-X Durdin gets the flick and Fantasia keeps his spot  :-X

No Motlop.

Marchbank managed after 2 games, 1 in the Magoos and 1 at senior level. Someone is ripping the p155 out of us. Perhaps the truth would have had the media all over our fitness dept., again, for all the wrong reasons.

Anyway, an improved side.

No way am I even going to speculate who the sub will be.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #78
:-X Durdin gets the flick and Fantasia keeps his spot  :-X

No Motlop.

Marchbank managed after 2 games, 1 in the Magoos and 1 at senior level. Someone is ripping the p155 out of us. Perhaps the truth would have had the media all over our fitness dept., again, for all the wrong reasons.

Anyway, an improved side.

No way am I even going to speculate who the sub will be.
Take your pick....

Interchange:

Jordan Boyd

Jack Carroll

Alex Cincotta

Lachie Fogarty

George Hewett

Reply #79
Obviously there is a new role for either Cincotta or Boyd otherwise we have 8 defenders

Nine if you count Williams, but I suspect that he'll play as a defensive forward again.

Tom De Koning has been named twice but I suspect that the forward pocket Tom is actually Matt Owies.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #80
Obviously there is a new role for either Cincotta or Boyd otherwise we have 8 defenders
After the VFL last week Cowan could well play through the midfield

Reply #81
He was better last week. Durdin picked the wrong game to have a stinker
Games, not game.  Done little all year

Reply #82
After the VFL last week Cowan could well play through the midfield
Yes was huge in our comeback.  I know it was only 2s, but has pace and grit.

Reply #83
Yes was huge in our comeback.  I know it was only 2s, but has pace and grit.
Should not have lost his place in the 1s in the first place.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #84
Damn straight.  Plays like he gives a $#@!.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #85
Cowan is looking much better this year than last - Doull played 100 games in reserves before being a mainstay. Just saying.

Reply #86
Hopefully Marchbank's "Manage" is to manage him out of the club.

Reply #87
Our line-up:

B:  [42] Adam Saad,  [23] Jacob Weitering,  [2] Lachlan Cowan
HB:  [17] Brodie Kemp,  [11] Mitch McGovern,  [24] Nic Newman
C:  [4] Oliver Hollands,  [9] Patrick Cripps,  [13] Blake Acres
HF:  [6] Zac Williams,  [10] Harry McKay,  [20] Elijah Hollands
F:  [14] Orazio Fantasia,  [30] Charlie Curnow,  [44] Matthew Owies
R:  [12] Tom De Koning,  [18] Sam Walsh,  [7] Matthew Kennedy
Int:  [37] Jordan Boyd,  [29] George Hewett,  [39] Alex Cincotta,  [8] Lachie Fogarty,  [16] Jack Carroll

Em: [19] Corey Durdin,  [33] Lewis Young,  [25] Jaxon Binns

In:  Adam Saad,  Lachlan Cowan,  Lachie Fogarty
Out:  Corey Durdin (Omitted),  Marc Pittonet (Injured),  Caleb Marchbank (Managed)

[1] We will miss Pittonet, who usually plays well against Witts. Tom has a very poor record against Witts and has always played to his weaknesses against him. If he plays to his strengths and moves Witts around ...
Still, I see this is a major danger.

[2] Saad, Cowan and Fogarty in is good for us. Saad defends and attacks. Fogarty keeps the ball in our forward half and provides opportunities for his team mates. Cowan played well last week in the 2's: I'd be thinking of using his in the middle.

[3] GC's strength is their midfield. If we can keep them under control, we should do well. But we should match up carefully.

[4] How Fantasia still gets games amazes me. Corey Durdin was good against Melbourne, but has been too quiet too often. How is he not better than Fantasia though? Fantasia has 1 goal in the seniors for the year and hasn't looked dangerous.

[5] Marchbank - he has to be a worry. If he can't play 3 weeks in a row, then he is done.

[6] Olli Hollands was brilliant against Melbourne for 3 quarters, but that's been it. He needs to stand up this round.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #89
Our line-up:

B:  [42] Adam Saad,  [23] Jacob Weitering,  [2] Lachlan Cowan
HB:  [17] Brodie Kemp,  [11] Mitch McGovern,  [24] Nic Newman
C:  [4] Oliver Hollands,  [9] Patrick Cripps,  [13] Blake Acres
HF:  [6] Zac Williams,  [10] Harry McKay,  [20] Elijah Hollands
F:  [14] Orazio Fantasia,  [30] Charlie Curnow,  [44] Matthew Owies
R:  [12] Tom De Koning,  [18] Sam Walsh,  [7] Matthew Kennedy
Int:  [37] Jordan Boyd,  [29] George Hewett,  [39] Alex Cincotta,  [8] Lachie Fogarty,  [16] Jack Carroll

Em: [19] Corey Durdin,  [33] Lewis Young,  [25] Jaxon Binns

In:  Adam Saad,  Lachlan Cowan,  Lachie Fogarty
Out:  Corey Durdin (Omitted),  Marc Pittonet (Injured),  Caleb Marchbank (Managed)

[1] We will miss Pittonet, who usually plays well against Witts. Tom has a very poor record against Witts and has always played to his weaknesses against him. If he plays to his strengths and moves Witts around ...
Still, I see this is a major danger.

[2] Saad, Cowan and Fogarty in is good for us. Saad defends and attacks. Fogarty keeps the ball in our forward half and provides opportunities for his team mates. Cowan played well last week in the 2's: I'd be thinking of using his in the middle.

[3] GC's strength is their midfield. If we can keep them under control, we should do well. But we should match up carefully.

[4] How Fantasia still gets games amazes me. Corey Durdin was good against Melbourne, but has been too quiet too often. How is he not better than Fantasia though? Fantasia has 1 goal in the seniors for the year and hasn't looked dangerous.

[5] Marchbank - he has to be a worry. If he can't play 3 weeks in a row, then he is done.

[6] Olli Hollands was brilliant against Melbourne for 3 quarters, but that's been it. He needs to stand up this round.

Can't disagree with any of what you said.  TDK likely to get monstered by Witts but we have no fit options who wouldn't, indeed Pitto is the only player on the list who wouldn't.  However as you say if TDK plays to his strengths he has tools to exploit his athletic superiority.  Against the monsters I think TDK has to play ruck in the way Harry does or Lewis Young.  In the actual ruck duals just compete - where possible stand off and jump - but try to make yourself a presence at ground level and by presenting and marking around the ground.   Ideally you want more from your no. 1 ruck than just trying to compete at the ball-ups but the reality is Pitto aside we have no-one who can stand their ground against a Witts and not be badly beaten, that is just a fact we have to live with and the only thing keeping Pitto in the side at all.