Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 Australian Open  (Read 65650 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 Australian Open

Reply #75
I like the look of Kokkinakis. Good Greek boy for a few of yas to follow.  ;D

YIASOU.

He and Nick Kyrigios are seen as real potentials for Aussie tennis... anything to oust that dingbat Tomic.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #76
Tennis = Borrrrrrrring. >:(

Reply #77
It gets better when the better rated men play against each other closer to the final.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #78

With you there, Jofonski.

I'm only interested due to a very close Greek buddy's friendship with the two boys I mentioned... and Mrs Baggers watches it constantly (shhhhh, which means I can do other stuff while she is glued to the IB (idiot box). :)

Reply #79
Surely, the most boring award would have to go to soccer.  Man, it would be the perfect game to watch in lieu of taking a sleeping pill.  But unfortunately the commentators have a tendency to wake you up by screaming when nothing is happening.  If the commentary matched the "action", it would have the same soporific commentary as occurs during golf tournaments. 

Reply #80
Surely, the most boring award would have to go to soccer.  Man, it would be the perfect game to watch in lieu of taking a sleeping pill.  But unfortunately the commentators have a tendency to wake you up by screaming when nothing is happening.  If the commentary matched the "action", it would have the same soporific commentary as occurs during golf tournaments.

Equestrian cross country events have the same effect. Although they never wake you up because nothing really happens. Even if someone falls off the horse, all you hear is "Ohhhhhhh, that's go to hurt and will ruin her chances of a victory", in a softly spoken voice. Zzzzzzzzz.

Reply #81
hard to argue that tennis hasn't become 'boring'.

It's too much about power....

Better racquets (like cricket bats?), everyone 190cm+ tall blah blah.

Give me Borg, McEnroe any day of the week.

Even the great former Federer, Nadal matches were more about the Fed choking mentally.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #82

Mav. Hornet's nest. Opened. I agree, but let them get you first!!

Reply #83
Kyrgios blew it last night. 2 sets up to lose the next 3. I love the look of him though...forget Bernard, its all about kokkinakis and kyrgios. Impressed by both of them.

Reply #84

Yet you feel compelled (forced?) to click on the thread and comment  ::)
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #85
IMO, no sport is boring.  Some people might find them unappealling, but that doesnt mean they are boring.  It just means that some people dont have an appreciation for them.

They are all a bit unique, which is what makes them special.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #86
PORTSEA POLO

Reply #87
IMO, no sport is boring.  Some people might find them unappealling, but that doesnt mean they are boring.  It just means that some people dont have an appreciation for them.

They are all a bit unique, which is what makes them special.

Who said 'golf is a good walk, ruined'?  ;)

Reply #88
Kyrgios blew it last night. 2 sets up to lose the next 3. I love the look of him though...forget Bernard, its all about kokkinakis and kyrgios. Impressed by both of them.

Both have great potential if they pull their heads in in the next 5 to 10 years and keep up the work rate. Need to keep something different about their games. Not just trying to beat Nadal, Djokovic, Murray and the others with power from the baseline only. Be creative and figure out each players weaknesses. I like what I saw from the 17 and 18 year old.

Reply #89

On the money there GozzMan. These two Greek boys have something Tomic doesn't have - ticker.