Skip to main content
Topic: R3 Essendon V Carlton - Prematch Posturing (Read 65757 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R3 Essendon V Carlton - Prematch Posturing

Reply #90
Did Brock's last effort warrant his selection this week?

He's a seasoned campaigner and knows more than most about fighting back to gain redemption, so I say yes.

His past 2 games have been at about the level of how he played when he first arrived.

If he is not fit, pick Cachia. If he is fit, he ought to be close to a VFL game if he doesn't play a hell of a lot better.

Why is Cachia ahead of him?

Graham  and Cripps are ahead of both of them!

Cachia is the obvious replacement for Brock as he has the in-and-under strength required. Cripps is too young and needs many more games before being seriously considered for a regular senior berth in the 'heat'. Cachia can handle heat. Graham is more an outside mid... good replacement for someone like Lucas.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #91

He's a seasoned campaigner and knows more than most about fighting back to gain redemption, so I say yes.

His past 2 games have been at about the level of how he played when he first arrived.

If he is not fit, pick Cachia. If he is fit, he ought to be close to a VFL game if he doesn't play a hell of a lot better.

Cachia is the obvious replacement for Brock as he has the in-and-under strength required. Cripps is too young and needs many more games before being seriously considered for a regular senior berth in the 'heat'. Cachia can handle heat. Graham is more an outside mid... good replacement for someone like Lucas.

Cachia is more seasoned and battle ready.....you wonder though with Robbo, Bell, Curnow and then adding Cachia wether we have to many "like" players.
If Cripps plays I would prefer he started as the sub and to be honest I wouldnt mind him running out with Juddy in his first game for the expert guidance he would receive allbeit that might be a month away....
Graham deserves a run as he has been very good preseason.....

Reply #92

Cachia is more seasoned and battle ready.....you wonder though with Robbo, Bell, Curnow and then adding Cachia wether we have to many "like" players.
If Cripps plays I would prefer he started as the sub and to be honest I wouldnt mind him running out with Juddy in his first game for the expert guidance he would receive allbeit that might be a month away....

When I made those comments, EB1, I was figuring that either Robbo or Dinger (or perhaps even both) might find themselves kicking off the dew this weekend.

Although I love Robbos endeavour I am sick and tired of haphazard disposal by foot. And, as I have written previously, Dinger's lack of a footy brain really worries me... everything else going for him, but that brain! I know he is young in the game and maybe he just needs lots more game time to 'get it', for the 'penny to drop'.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #93
Ryder definitely out.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #95
Warnock will now have to step up and give Carlisle and skinny ol Joey D a lesson in Rucking. Don't have confidence in him though.
Good thing is we wont have to content with both Joey D and Carlisle up forward at the same time. if they move the Cabbie Basher up forward to fill the gap, then that leaves them short down back (not that we have many talls to take advantage).
Perfect time for our out of form guys like 2E and Gibbs to put in a big one, and for supposed leaders of the Club in Jamo and Waite to also step up.
We are so clutching at straws here !! lol

Reply #96
Will Wood get a gig? Probably be a good time to let him have a run ???
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #97
Warnock will now have to step up and give Carlisle and skinny ol Joey D a lesson in Rucking. Don't have confidence in him though.
Good thing is we wont have to content with both Joey D and Carlisle up forward at the same time. if they move the Cabbie Basher up forward to fill the gap, then that leaves them short down back (not that we have many talls to take advantage).
Perfect time for our out of form guys like 2E and Gibbs to put in a big one, and for supposed leaders of the Club in Jamo and Waite to also step up.
We are so clutching at straws here !! lol

I absolutely have confidence in him.

Reply #99
Will Wood get a gig? Probably be a good time to let him have a run ???

No. He is a Rookie listed player. He will only be called up if we have a long-term injury to one of our big men.

Reply #100

When I made those comments, EB1, I was figuring that either Robbo or Dinger (or perhaps even both) might find themselves kicking off the dew this weekend.

Although I love Robbos endeavour I am sick and tired of haphazard disposal by foot. And, as I have written previously, Dinger's lack of a footy brain really worries me... everything else going for him, but that brain! I know he is young in the game and maybe he just needs lots more game time to 'get it', for the 'penny to drop'.

I reckon Garlett will be kicking the dew.

Reply #101
At least Stuey Crameri or Alwyn 'Superstar' Davey arent around this time to have their usual birthdays against us

Cue another spud like Collyer, Melksham or one of the Merretts to step up  and celebrate....

Reply #102
Warnock to be banned from any kicking during the game, tap and handballs only.

Reply #103
No Brock
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #104
Warnock to be banned from any kicking during the game, tap and handballs only.

All of a sudden his hamstring tightens up inside 50?

Would that qualify as staging?