Skip to main content
Topic: In game thread - Blues v Pies - Round 5 (Read 53457 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In game thread - Blues v Pies - Round 5

Reply #195
True.  Though you know Whiley will be dropped after tonight, while a guy like Curnow will keep getting games.

And Ellard, Armfield. And don't anyone give me BS about them providing a contest. look at the scoreboard FFS!!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #196
 how did we come up with the warnock replacement for jamo????

surely Watson or casboult would have been better and at least we would have had a marking target

Reply #197
What I am really struck by is how bereft of pride and confidence this side is right now. I was trying to think what this reminded me of and then I realised that it was not since the days of Dennis Pagan that I had seen our side like this where we have capitulated like this.

The blues have given up. At least Rattan had them playing for the jumper mostly and I cannot remember a game or group of games where we simply gave up. I do not believe we could win a premiership with Rattan as coach as it was (perhaps he's matured) but at least we were competitive.

Reply #198
And Ellard, Armfield. And don't anyone give me BS about them providing a contest. look at the scoreboard FFS!!

They provide a contest... They just lose every one
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #199
Get a clue.

The game plan does not tell players to lay 'arm tackles'
The game plan does not tell players to jump out of the way when a player is running at them.
The game plan does not tell players to look over their shoulder everytime they go for the loose ball.
The game plan does not tell players to kick it to the opposition.
The game plan does not tell players to simply not try.

The players are demoralised, they are being forced to play a style of football that just doesn't suit them. It's so obvious!

Add to that The Judge's rebuilding comments which pretty much cooked the club and the coach for 2015!

Flubbo must be jerking his gherkin as he watches us burn, all kicked off by a naive interview!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #200

Who said I was an effin supporter of either.  Ellard who just kicked a goal vanishes for large parts of the game and Army has always been a top up player.  I'd drop them as well.

Reply #201
At least the lamb roast I cooked and the accompanying red is some comfort.

Reply #202
On a night like this? This isn't a big night for Carlton, it's a big night for Mick, and the tribe has spoken. Good night Mick.

So friday night, 80k people, biggest rival isn't a big night?

Forget about Mick Malthouse for a minute. This, and the bombers games, are our biggest games for the year, every year.

Add in the Mick Malthouse 715 on top of that, and its the biggest game we are going to play this year. This is how we perform.

Reply #203
Armfield still gets a game PITC because he actually gives a fork.

We can carry one or two tradesmen but not 8.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #204
Buckley is a spud.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #205
Who said I was an effin supporter of either.  Ellard who just kicked a goal vanishes for large parts of the game and Army has always been a top up player.  I'd drop them as well.

Wasn't aimed at you Mondy, I agree with you!!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #206
They'll also probably drop Buckley tonight - though I agree he's had a complete shocker. I'd still play him before Carrots, Curnow, Armfield, Ellard...

Reply #207
15 individual goal kickers.....for the Pies :-(

Reply #208
So friday night, 80k people, biggest rival isn't a big night?

Forget about Mick Malthouse for a minute. This, and the bombers games, are our biggest games for the year, every year.

Add in the Mick Malthouse 715 on top of that, and its the biggest game we are going to play this year. This is how we perform.

Says even more about what the players think of the coach.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #209
Armfield still gets a game PITC because he actually gives a fork.

We can carry one or two tradesmen but not 8.

100% accurate, and we should have kept Robbo and Garlett and fecked off the goody two-shoes who said they were bad boys!
The Force Awakens!