Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 16: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 22364 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 16: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #45
Jones is 4-1 this year. 4-0 with Levi playing.

We are 5-1 when Murphy's helmet is playing 2.

There is a dfference between correlation and causation.

Reply #46
It's no coincidence we're undefeated when we play 2 key forwards.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #47

That's not even close to the same thing.  You're much better than that kruddler.

Without doing a massive analysis I'd wager we scored more with two forwards but we may have also conceded more as well and that we are trying to get the balance right.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #48
Jones is 4-1 this year. 4-0 with Levi playing.

I look at us kicking much better scores too. Without 2 key forwards we couldn't score. 2 key forwards spread the defence a bit more.

Reply #49

We had Murphy on the team early in the year and couldn't kick a score. Things improved straight up soon as we picked a 2nd key forward. Small sample size, and we did play better, but that's how it has happened thus far at least. A second key forward improves you structurally. We suddenly looked like we could kick a goal.

Unlike the days of Fev, who could have 4 defenders hang off him and still near kick 100 goals, we don't have anyone who can do that. Casboult is a decent player, certainly, but definitely not that good that he can be the one out key forward against the numbers of a defence hanging off him. He'd be overwhelmed. After all he is a 3rd round rookie pick, not a first round national draft gun. Hence the need for a 2nd one to spread the defence.

Edit: Only just noticed you said Murphy's helmet...lol.

Reply #50
Armfield, Tutt, Buckley, Graham in for Bryne.

Extended bench is: Armfield, Buckley, Everitt, Graham, Sumner, Tutt, Walker.

Two rucks again. Our rucks are dead useless when they are off the ball. Krezuer goes from crape man when he shares ruck duties to superman when he gets to ruck on his own. We play best when we have one ruck and Casboult as both benefit immensely. Supporters see it but the club doesn't. Prefer one ruck and two key forwards rather than two rucks and one key forward trying to handle the weight of the opposition defence. Has to be better balance.

How Everitt gets to play before Jaksch right now is a mystery.

Reply #51
Looks like one of Walker and Everitt or possibly both  will be left out. Can't say I'm surprised.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #52
That's not even close to the same thing.  You're much better than that kruddler.

Without doing a massive analysis I'd wager we scored more with two forwards but we may have also conceded more as well and that we are trying to get the balance right.

Its not trying to be the same thing.

It's showing that 2 things that might seem the same can not be realted at all.

So everitt no longer counts as a key forward.
Silvagni gave us more of an option as a full forward type than Jones did.
White offered us more as a leading forward than Jones has.

By all means, bring Jones in....but let me just say 'i told you so' now to save time later. He is NOT the answer.

Reply #53
Looks like one of Walker and Everitt or possibly both  will be left out. Can't say I'm surprised.
Walker kicked 3 two weeks in a row prior to last week so could get a reprieve. Everitt is disapointing because he can kick straight but he has struck a blow in weeks (since the Geelong game) so he must go and find form inthe 2s. As many have said, I wanted to see Jones or KJ in but alas. Army in is a must, provides speed, grunt and effort. Graham will probably get a gig because of his form in the 2s but he is not the answer as he is too slow and we need more speed. Could be that Sumner will also be asked to have a spell in the 2s which means the final bench is:
Walker Army (Buckley or Tutt) Graham
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #54
Its not trying to be the same thing.

It's showing that 2 things that might seem the same can not be realted at all.

So everitt no longer counts as a key forward.
Silvagni gave us more of an option as a full forward type than Jones did.
White offered us more as a leading forward than Jones has.

By all means, bring Jones in....but let me just say 'i told you so' now to save time later. He is NOT the answer.

Never be the answer in a fit but takes a man and keeps the opposition occupied spreading the defence a little more. Gives both a key forwards a better chance then of hitting the scoreboard, which happened. At least Jones hit the scoreboard and provided a contest. Did give something, or a least something better than he's given previously. Much better than having two ruckmen, both who are useless once off the ball. We were definitely a better side with two key forwards

My preference is for Jaksch as he is continually hitting the scoreboard in the VFL and is the one forward that will lead. Whether he'll be an answer one doesn't know but at least he's young and surely worth a go ahead of Everitt. I lived with Everitt while he was kicking goals but once they dried up there's nothing more to him. In the end we hope McKay is the answer but that's a while off so we use what we have.

Reply #55
Carlton

B: Lachie Plowman, Sam Rowe, Zach Tuohy.
HB: Kade Simpson, Jacob Weitering, Sam Docherty.
C: Jed Lamb, Patrick Cripps, Ed Curnow.
HF: Matthew Wright, Simon White, Dale Thomas.
F: Andrew Phillips, Levi Casboult, Jack Silvagni.
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Sam Kerridge, Bryce Gibbs.
Int: Dennis Armfield, Dylan Buckley, Andrejs Everitt, Nick Graham, Liam Sumner, Jason Tutt, Andrew Walker

I guess we've gone 'small' with the forecast looking pretty wet for Sunday. I think our forward line is not looking strong.

Adelaide Crows

B: Kyle Cheney, Daniel Talia, Jake Lever.
HB: Rory Laird, Kyle Hartigan, Brodie Smith.
C: David Mackay, Scott Thompson, Rory Sloane.
HF: Richard Douglas, Tom Lynch, Charlie Cameron.
F: Josh Jenkins, Taylor Walker, Eddie Betts.
Foll: Sam Jacobs, Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch.
Int: Paul Seedsman, Rory Atkins, Wayne Milera, Jarryd Lyons, Mitch McGovern, Ricky Henderson, Jake Kelly

Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #56

Two rucks again. Our rucks are dead useless when they are off the ball. Krezuer goes from crape man when he shares ruck duties to superman when he gets to ruck on his own. We play best when we have one ruck and Casboult as both benefit immensely. Supporters see it but the club doesn't.  I suspect the club sees it too but wants to play Phillips because they are looking to develop him for the future. Also, I don't think Levi has gone rucking since he 'broke' his leg.

How Everitt gets to play before Jaksch right now is a mystery. The solution to that mystery seems pretty obvious.

Reply #57
Walker kicked 3 two weeks in a row prior to last week so could get a reprieve. Everitt is disapointing because he can kick straight but he has struck a blow in weeks (since the Geelong game) so he must go and find form inthe 2s. As many have said, I wanted to see Jones or KJ in but alas. Army in is a must, provides speed, grunt and effort. Graham will probably get a gig because of his form in the 2s but he is not the answer as he is too slow and we need more speed. Could be that Sumner will also be asked to have a spell in the 2s which means the final bench is:
Walker Army (Buckley or Tutt) Graham

Getting our hands on the pill is more important than leg speed.

We have to address why we are getting totally smashed at centre bounces and stoppages in general - it used to be our strength.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #58
brisbane lions smashed us in the middle and many weeks later we are still trying to address it.Who is the ruck/ midfield coach?

Reply #59
brisbane lions smashed us in the middle and many weeks later we are still trying to address it.Who is the ruck/ midfield coach?

Stoppages - John Barker
Midfield - Tim Clarke
Ruck - Mathew Capuano