Skip to main content
Topic: Round 18 Green Shoot of the Week (Read 4274 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 18 Green Shoot of the Week

Choose ONE ONLY Green Shoot you observed from the game.  Can be a player, passage of play and individual effort, any ONE Shoot that put a smile ???? on your face?

Need some positivity!!

Samo looked more at home today. Just needs to take the game on more and not go back every time he takes a mark. His first instinct is to stop and go back. However he seemed much more involved today.

Re: Round 18 Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #1
Harry McKay........he missed a couple he should of kicked..I hope that doesn't become a habit . Was a pretty good debut for a raw key forward though he was quiet in the 2nd half..... hopefully they play him for the rest of the year and onto bigger and better next year.

Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #2
Obvious one is Harry who made a nice debut in a team that was very ordinary...but also want to credit little Zac Fisher for sticking up for his mate Samo, being so light he couldnt inflict much retribution on Zorko but the intent was there and thats a player we can look forward to for the future...

Reply #3
The fearless attack from the baby Blues.

Samo locking horns with Zorko, and Zac flying in to attack when Samo got flattened. Big H and Charlie hitting the big packs and clunking a few.

Go baby Blues. Fearless is becoming of the new Blues.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #4
H.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #5
Obvious one is Harry who made a nice debut in a team that was very ordinary...but also want to credit little Zac Fisher for sticking up for his mate Samo, being so light he couldnt inflict much retribution on Zorko but the intent was there and thats a player we can look forward to for the future...

Shame that either Rowe, White and/or ACOS wasn't playing.

To digress, what coach in their right mind would let Zorko run free...?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6

what coach in their right mind would let Zorko run free...?

Especially when they had Rockliff doing a hard tag on Gibbs......... Hindsight is a wonderful but they should have moved Gibbs onto Zorko.

poor coaching..... in hindsight ;)
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #7
Especially when they had Rockliff doing a hard tag on Gibbs......... Hindsight is a wonderful but they should have moved Gibbs onto Zorko.

Shouldn't have needed any hindsight, Zorko is one of the form players in the AFL presently.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #8
Shouldn't have needed any hindsight, Zorko is one of the form players in the AFL presently.

ahem......... Especially when they had Rockliff doing a hard tag on Gibbs......... Hindsight is a wonderful but they should have moved Gibbs onto Zorko.

I was agreeing with you ;)    we should have fought fire with fire with the way Rockliff was mauling Gibbs

Reply #9
Jack's spoil on Hipwood; so much like SOS!

That just tops efforts from Fisher and McKay and the fact that all five of our 2015 draftees have now played  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
Jack's spoil on Hipwood; so much like SOS!

That just tops efforts from Fisher and McKay and the fact that all five of our 2015 draftees have now played  :)

Fisher should not be playing 1s this season - for his own longer term development....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #11
Fisher should not be playing 1s this season - for his own longer term development....

I don't follow your thinking at all.  Fisher is developing very well and is definitely in our best 22 on merit.  That may be a poor reflection on our list but Fisher would not benefit from running around in the NBs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #12
Shame that either Rowe, White and/or ACOS wasn't playing.

To digress, what coach in their right mind would let Zorko run free...?

Bolton has a bad one in the box unless we are tanking...you didnt need to be too smart to know Zorko has stitched us up over the last few games and along with Beams
is their most dangerous player. However we have a poor history of not scouting other teams that well and our mids are not very accountable...
Martin also negated Kruezer to some extent and that limited our midfield and made life easier for the Brisbane mids....
I think the jury is a bit out on Bolton in terms of match day tactics in terms of seeing the flow of the game and responding quickly enough....also the Docherty/Simpson double act rebounding the ball and setting up play seems to have been highlighted and other teams are now adjusting by putting players back and we need a plan B.

Reply #13

I don't think Bryce has the pace to keep up with Zorko. However, he does have some idea how to look after a player.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14
Harry.
I wasn't too sure that he was ready for the big stuff.

There green shoot was there though.
Very small green shoot, but big things from little things grow.

I hope that's  what happens with Harry.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.