Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 13 2023 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Essendon (Read 4600 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 13 2023 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #46
I think the problem is with the board giving too much influence towards Cripps.

I love him but it's time for him to go.
How on earth do you know this?  Get a grip seriously. He signed mid last year for what 6 years? Now suddenly he’s bad for the culture, bad attitude, not good enough, only had one good year.

He seems professional to me. Got a running coach, a speaking coach. Taking it upon himself to improve himself. Yet now he’s the problem?

Saw a HUGE number of players get the ball. Stop, think, unsure, no fking idea, pass it sometimes ok but mostly terrible kicks or crap handballs. No one running for anyone to make position, no grunt, no shepherding.

Yet Cripps is the problem?

Reply #47
Until Walsh can recapture the form he had prior to his back injury and Cripps joins him with the form he had in the first half of last year,  we will continue with a midfield unable to get first use of the ball and thereby unable to put pressure on the backlines of opposition teams.

No matter what plan is proposed by Voss, once the team sees Cripps and Walsh are unable to provide leadership on the field  a defensive mindset seems to set in.

Unless those two regain the ability to take charge of the centre,  other changes amount to moving deckchairs given who is available on our list.

Reply #48
Until Walsh can recapture the form he had prior to his back injury and Cripps joins him with the form he had in the first half of last year,  we will continue with a midfield unable to get first use of the ball and thereby unable to put pressure on the backlines of opposition teams.

No matter what plan is proposed by Voss, once the team sees Cripps and Walsh are unable to provide leadership on the field  a defensive mindset seems to set in.

Unless those two regain the ability to take charge of the centre,  other changes amount to moving deckchairs.

Voss in his presser when asked did say Cripps was fit but out of form...

Reply #49
Voss in his presser when asked did say Cripps was fit but out of form...

We got that 2 years ago as well and found out eventually he had back issues.

Reply #51
We actually played Fisher at half back today and he gave us plenty.

Including a few pathetic turnovers when kicking off one step (under no pressure) after a mark or free kick.

Reply #52
We're now bottom 4 where we belong.
It's not the only issue, but we're 18th for goal efficiency. Coleman medallists or not, that's costly and a motivation killer.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #53
Brodie Kemp, could you please teach your teammates to hit a target like that? Only Saady kicks as well as you, and he’s not getting as much of it recently

Reply #54
I think the problem is with the board giving too much influence towards Cripps.

I love him but it's time for him to go.
There are a few layers between Cripps and the board, I doubt that's the problem but one can never know.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #55
Cerra is a win but Acres is a fail. Total waste of money in my opinion. Never sold on him. Plays 2 great games then 4 or 5 B-grade efforts, if not complete crapters. Disposal accuracy is definitely questionable. Especially under pressure. Not that quick. Not a tackle machine. I would drop him for something in youth. Our season is all but over. Get the kids in. They may step up and at least develop at top level.
Im not a fan either but after starting the night with an OOTF, I think he tried his guts outs. That collision on the wing was huge, didn't/doesnt shirk.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #56
Maybe he can take Boyd's place......
He even used his right foot to square a pass to a leading fwd. I know which one of those two I have in the side.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #57
How on earth do you know this?  Get a grip seriously. He signed mid last year for what 6 years? Now suddenly he’s bad for the culture, bad attitude, not good enough, only had one good year.

He seems professional to me. Got a running coach, a speaking coach. Taking it upon himself to improve himself. Yet now he’s the problem?

Saw a HUGE number of players get the ball. Stop, think, unsure, no fking idea, pass it sometimes ok but mostly terrible kicks or crap handballs. No one running for anyone to make position, no grunt, no shepherding.

Yet Cripps is the problem?

Micky my problem with him is he tries to do too much and that's probably the captain trying to carry his side and take on too much responsibility. He needs to get back to his basic best, win hard contests, squirt ball out quick. Thats it. No trying to run and take on players, no heroics, just to Crippa things, that's what we needed last night.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #58
We're now bottom 4 where we belong.
It's not the only issue, but we're 18th for goal efficiency. Coleman medallists or not, that's costly and a motivation killer.
At the 9min mark of the 2nd, Charlie had 0.4, Martin 1.2, Owies had 0.1. They were all gettable, regulation shots for fwds. Convert a few of those and we go into half time with an ok lead. Not Saying the 7 to 2 goal 3rd qtr wouldnt have happened but it may have looked totally different. Those misses absolutely deflate us every time.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #59
Cripps has had one good year in four - it's time to move him on.
Prime players that have under performed over a number of years should be moved on.