Skip to main content
Topic: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath (Read 79981 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath

Reply #195
We are the worst field kicking side in the AFL bar none, it wouldn't matter who coached us because we just don't have the skill.
The endeavour is fine, but we don't have the cattle.

Quite possibly a good deal of truth in that.

bfl, you were quite a prolific poster on the old site. Gone a bit quiet on the new one.

I've lost a bit of interest given the woeful draw the AFL have handed us.
Three day games for the year, two Sunday nights, half a dozen Sunday 4.40 games, I'm too old for this crape.
Still a passionate Blue Boy, this would have been by 51st year as a member but what's the point when I'll be going to two or three games?
My sister has been a member as long as me and still is, she reckons she's seen her last Carlton flag and I'm starting to agree with her.
Last night's team was only missing Juddy and Scotto and our skills were woeful, Jamison's shank late in the game was just more of the same and Thomas seems to have caught the disease, the best kick in the side is Yarran but he can't get the ball.
After hardly missing a game in our dark years what's being dished up now doesn't excite me, I honestly expected another flag by now.
B4L with all due respect, its blokes you I feel for most. My pain appears insignificant compared to yours. I had serious doubts prior to this season and after just one round, my suspicions have been confirmed. Our side consists of overrated softies who care more about haircuts, fashion, horses and social media than learning how to win a hard ball or take a hit for your team mate. They couldn't give a flying you know what about the club and the jumper. Sad really. And those who think Judd and Carrazzo will make us better, you are in for a rude shock. Very angry ATM. Vent complete.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #196
Was that Ellard's best game for the club ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #197
Was that Ellard's best game for the club ??

If not his best, it was certainly one of his better games for the club.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #198
We are the worst field kicking side in the AFL bar none, it wouldn't matter who coached us because we just don't have the skill.
The endeavour is fine, but we don't have the cattle.

Quite possibly a good deal of truth in that.

bfl, you were quite a prolific poster on the old site. Gone a bit quiet on the new one.

I've lost a bit of interest given the woeful draw the AFL have handed us.
Three day games for the year, two Sunday nights, half a dozen Sunday 4.40 games, I'm too old for this crape.
Still a passionate Blue Boy, this would have been by 51st year as a member but what's the point when I'll be going to two or three games?
My sister has been a member as long as me and still is, she reckons she's seen her last Carlton flag and I'm starting to agree with her.
Last night's team was only missing Juddy and Scotto and our skills were woeful, Jamison's shank late in the game was just more of the same and Thomas seems to have caught the disease, the best kick in the side is Yarran but he can't get the ball.
After hardly missing a game in our dark years what's being dished up now doesn't excite me, I honestly expected another flag by now.
B4L with all due respect, its blokes you I feel for most. My pain appears insignificant compared to yours. I had serious doubts prior to this season and after just one round, my suspicions have been confirmed. Our side consists of overrated softies who care more about haircuts, fashion, horses and social media than learning how to win a hard ball or take a hit for your team mate. They couldn't give a flying you know what about the club and the jumper. Sad really. And those who think Judd and Carrazzo will make us better, you are in for a rude shock. Very angry ATM. Vent complete.

My under 12's team showed more than any Carlton player on Sunday, a smallish boy protected the ball from a large opposition lad, put his body on the line. Knocked the ball forward to advantage on to the path of a team mate at the same time took a big hit he knew was coming. Simply brilliant. Just wish the Blue boys would do more of this (Simmo excluded, he does that all the time)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #199

Nick graham, Cripps & Casboult in the side and Brock, McInnes & Watson out.

Henderson CHB, Casboult CHF, Nick Graham rover, Cripps ruck rover, Walker forward, Everett back. How hard is this?

Reply #200

Nick graham, Cripps & Casboult in the side and Brock, McInnes & Watson out.

Henderson CHB, Casboult CHF, Nick Graham rover, Cripps ruck rover, Walker forward, Everett back. How hard is this?

Walks won't be playing.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #201
The days of the draft changed everything, the most important person at any club is who makes the call at the draft. For years we lived by Elliot's embarrassing ''we don't rebuild at Carlton'' mantra, more like doctrine! We have suffered. We employed an imbecile called Wayne Hughes who has destroyed any possible chance our team had to build something, through shear ignorance he picked the bleeding obvious and demonstrated zero imagination or foresight to the next tier. Think  any late first rounders or second round picks in the last decade. He was lucky with the odd late pick, although Robison now looks every inch a 40 choice, and the occasional rookie .
We now fester in the Hughes created mire.
Trade 'em all.
Complete list restructure. No one is untouchable.
To do this we must recruit one man only, SOS must come home. Look at what he has created in GWS, it is his team. Now is the time to bring him back and rebuild this team from scratch. Trade everyone with any currency, give the team five years, gut this list.
I'd keep only Henderson, Simpson, Murphy, Tuohy, Curnow, Thomas(contractually) and Cripps.
Everyone else is either for trade or delisting. This would be at least a three year program to turn them all over, trade in some experience short term topped up with aggressive trading into the top ten over the three years. Start by offering the likes of Cameron, Patton or Boyd massive contracts, one should be able to be prised out, especially with SOS around.
Seriously this list is f&%#Ed its now or never, probably should have started last year and avoided Daisy et al.
I haven't completely dumped them yet, but they will loose a 40 year supporter if they don't get off their asses and commit to change everything, for us, the heart and soul of this once glorious club.
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #202
Tough call on Walker. This incidental contact rule can be confusing at times. He made contact with the ball first, his only other option was to pull out. Strictly applied two players going for a mark, who make incidental head contact and knock each other out, should both be liable for suspension.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #203
The days of the draft changed everything, the most important person at any club is who makes the call at the draft. For years we lived by Elliot's embarrassing ''we don't rebuild at Carlton'' mantra, more like doctrine! We have suffered. We employed an imbecile called Wayne Hughes who has destroyed any possible chance our team had to build something, through shear ignorance he picked the bleeding obvious and demonstrated zero imagination or foresight to the next tier. Think  any late first rounders or second round picks in the last decade. He was lucky with the odd late pick, although Robison now looks every inch a 40 choice, and the occasional rookie .
We now fester in the Hughes created mire.
Trade 'em all.
Complete list restructure. No one is untouchable.
To do this we must recruit one man only, SOS must come home. Look at what he has created in GWS, it is his team. Now is the time to bring him back and rebuild this team from scratch. Trade everyone with any currency, give the team five years, gut this list.
I'd keep only Henderson, Simpson, Murphy, Tuohy, Curnow, Thomas(contractually) and Cripps.
Everyone else is either for trade or delisting. This would be at least a three year program to turn them all over, trade in some experience short term topped up with aggressive trading into the top ten over the three years. Start by offering the likes of Cameron, Patton or Boyd massive contracts, one should be able to be prised out, especially with SOS around.
Seriously this list is f&%#Ed its now or never, probably should have started last year and avoided Daisy et al.
I haven't completely dumped them yet, but they will loose a 40 year supporter if they don't get off their asses and commit to change everything, for us, the heart and soul of this once glorious club.
Ballsy post, I was thinking the same but too gutless to post. Respect.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #204
Cheers but actually don't give a flying F%@# at what the vocal minority think (you're excluded of course), expect the same old experts to come on and preach the same old bs about patience and game plans, I only care about ethos and spirit. Lets face it the game plan at Lone Pine stunk, but the courage under fire will live for eternity, I only want 0.1% of that demonstrated in a navy blue jumper at any given opportunity. But I now know that the likes of Gibbs and Kreuser will never be that individual, and that hurts.
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #205
Tough call on Walker. This incidental contact rule can be confusing at times. He made contact with the ball first, his only other option was to pull out. Strictly applied two players going for a mark, who make incidental head contact and knock each other out, should both be liable for suspension.
Walker got let off on the Westhoff one, got done for the stupid flinging of Monfries into the fence. Reckless, dangerous and just plane imbecilic.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #206
Cheers but actually don't give a flying F%@# at what the vocal minority think (you're excluded of course), expect the same old experts to come on and preach the same old bs about patience and game plans, I only care about ethos and spirit. Lets face it the game plan at Lone Pine stunk, but the courage under fire will live for eternity, I only want 0.1% of that demonstrated in a navy blue jumper at any given opportunity. But I now know that the likes of Gibbs and Kreuser will never be that individual, and that hurts.

I understand you completely. I myself just want to see every player giving it a red hot go. Playing for the team, as a team and trying to do their best at every execution. Running hard both ways. Trying to stick every tackle. Protecting the ball carrier. Doing all the second and third efforts. Eyes on the ball and trying to win every stoppage. Just doing what ever it takes to do what benefits the entire side. Playing as a team, and not for the individual pay cheque. Gutless, weak efforts are what completely sh1t me. Skill abilities come second place. We need to recruit players that already have established skills. Our recruiting hasn't been great at all. Maybe we need to trade to build a new group of players that have these skills. However, weak and lazy players need to have a rocket up their @rse to either get with it or move on. No more passengers. We have a bus load of them by the look of things. Look at GCS and our work rate in this round one. One side looks like they can achieve anything and the other side looks lucky to stay out of the bottom 4 at the moment. its early days in the season, but the reality might be worse if we continue down this line, waiting to see who will step up.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #207
Walker got let off on the Westhoff one, got done for the stupid flinging of Monfries into the fence. Reckless, dangerous and just plane imbecilic.

A student of ajar rad Waite, no doubt.

Reply #208
You know that reading through this thread we are still discussing the same issues as we were last year, the year before, the year before that etc. etc. In other words nothing, and I mean a big fat zero, has changed. We were crape, it looks like we still are crape, and I don't see any signs atm that we we won't be crape into the foreseeable future. This sort of echoes a post from Blueforlife earlier.

I can't see a way forward for us atm unless there are some significant changes both on and off the field. Maybe I'm being a bit negative but it has been a long cold period now since we've felt the warming rays of real hope. I was really down after last night's game and it has crushed what optimism and excitement I had for the new season.

Even if we beat the Tigers and Bummers, I feel that it will be just another false dawn. I need to see some consistent winning form to get my enthusiasm back I'm afraid.  >:(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #209

I understand you completely. I myself just want to see every player giving it a red hot go. Playing for the team, as a team and trying to do their best at every execution. Running hard both ways. Trying to stick every tackle. Protecting the ball carrier. Doing all the second and third efforts. Eyes on the ball and trying to win every stoppage. Just doing what ever it takes to do what benefits the entire side. Playing as a team, and not for the individual pay cheque.
Mantis me old mate, almost spot on. You just needed to add the words "week in week out no matter who runs out" after the above.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th