Skip to main content
Topic: Pass Mark 2015 (Read 66158 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pass Mark 2015

Reply #105
I'm talking about this year not the future.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #106

I'd have Waite in our team any day of the week, as would our coach if his reaction to him leaving is anything to go by. Anyone who says different is kidding themselves.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #107

I'd have Waite in our team any day of the week, as would our coach if his reaction to him leaving is anything to go by. Anyone who says different is kidding themselves.

Yes, North have added our best forward to their list and that should improve their chances in 2015.  Not necessarily beyond that, but they'll definitely be stronger with Waite in their forward line.

We've replaced Waite with a bloke who couldn't quite do the job for Footscray.  Unless Jones can play at his best consistently, and we see more improvement from Casboult and Henderson (or Watson), we'll struggle to kick a winning score.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #108
We have to hope Jones is peaking when we are in a position to challenge..Waite would not have been in our next premiership team but hopefully Jones will be...

Reply #109
We have to hope Jones is peaking when we are in a position to challenge..Waite would not have been in our next premiership team but hopefully Jones will be...

I don't think Jones will ever be a star but hopefully if he's not a total potato, the others around him can get the job done for us.

Reply #110
if Jones' goal output isn't the equal or better than Waite's that will be disappointing.

Reply #111
if Jones' goal output isn't the equal or better than Waite's that will be disappointing.
With all due respect, that's a tad unfair. On his day, when fit and firing, Waite could destroy anyone. Age and injury unfortunately caught up with him at the Blues and was fair too inconsistent for what we needed (My mail was that his back has never recovered from the injury two years ago and never will). I will be ecstatic if Jones could surpass Waite however I will be more than satisfied if he could just be a more consistent contributor than Waite.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #112
With all due respect, that's a tad unfair. On his day, when fit and firing, Waite could destroy anyone. Age and injury unfortunately caught up with him at the Blues and was fair too inconsistent for what we needed (My mail was that his back has never recovered from the injury two years ago and never will). I will be ecstatic if Jones could surpass Waite however I will be more than satisfied if he could just be a more consistent contributor than Waite.

On his day he could....but his day was much too infrequent.... for whatever reason.

Jarrad Waite will always be a huge case of "what might have been".

Given that Jones will only have to go at about a goal and a half a game, he wont have to go too hard to match Waite's goal output....Note:I didn't mention anything about Waite's impact on the forward line, and his around the ground play...that's another factor altogether.

Reply #113

I don't think Jones will ever be a star but hopefully if he's not a total potato, the others around him can get the job done for us.

God, I hope we don't end up with Meat, Potato plus two Veg in the forward line! Arrrrrgh!

Only joking.  8)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #114

On his day he could....but his day was much too infrequent.... for whatever reason.

Given that Jones will only have to go at about a goal and a half a game, he wont have to go too hard to match Waite's goal output....Note:I didn't mention anything about Waite's impact on the forward line, and his around the ground play...that's another factor altogether.

As is his time at CHB; probably where he played his best footy.  Waite's three goals in the first half when he was playing CHB on Richo is one of my favourite memories of him.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #115

As is his time at CHB; probably where he played his best footy.  Waite's three goals in the first half when he was playing CHB on Richo is one of my favourite memories of him.

Funnily enough I'm not "bitter" at him  leaving.
He'll always be a Carlton player to me....but I'm just a bit sad about 'what might have been' if he'd had an injury free run and been a bit less "careless' at times.

Reply #116

He'll always be a Carlton player to me....but I'm just a bit sad about 'what might have been' if he'd had an injury free run and been a bit less "careless' at times.
I think you've summarized the sentiment of the vast majority of Carlton supporters right there.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #117

I think you've summarized the sentiment of the vast majority of Carlton supporters right there.
Ditto
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #118
Aint no bitterness here either. I don't see how any Carlton person could be bitter with him TBH. Has bled blue long enough.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #119

Kicked 42 of his 68 goals at the Docklands has Jones but struggles anywhere else.....max bag he has kicked in a game is 4 goals......doesnt have the X factor of Waite and with an average of only 4 marks a game will need to improve his stats to become the power forward we need....
Averages one goal a game and lets hope Mick can improve him as a player because based on his stats its hard to see him improving his output to the level we need to be a top team..