Skip to main content
Topic: Pass Mark 2015 (Read 66169 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pass Mark 2015

Reply #135
North Melb are crap............................

North are better than us, so what does that make us?
North bat deeper in the midfield than we do, have a genuine marking forward who kicks goals along with a very dangerous small forward, a solid defence and a very good ruckman.
They finished fourth and it wasn't a fluke.

The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #136
North Melb are crap............................

North are better than us, so what does that make us?
North bat deeper in the midfield than we do, have a genuine marking forward who kicks goals along with a very dangerous small forward, a solid defence and a very good ruckman.
They finished fourth and it wasn't a fluke.

North can do what we can only dream of doing. They take on the best sides in the competition and can more than match it with them. What they did to Hawthorn last year was amazing, the Hawks resorted to sniping and they did not take their eye off the ball and kicked 6 or 7 straight. They move the ball quickly and are very direct. They are entertaining to watch.

I just don't get how anyone that watches them play doesn't rate them. It's got nothing to do with how your list looks on paper and everything to do with the football you play.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #137
I just don't get how anyone that watches them play doesn't rate them. It's got nothing to do with how your list looks on paper and everything to do with the football you play.

Here i am wondering why i've been chastised for saying the same thing. ;)

Reply #138
Yet we still managed to beat them last season. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #139
Don't really care about North - we just need to make the 8 and win a final!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #140
 I haven't seen Champion Data's 2015 prospectus and I may be misinterpreting this summary:

While North Melbourne were a preliminary finalist last season, the Kangaroos were rated as having the eighth-best list in terms of quality. They even fell behind West Coast and Adelaide, who did not make the finals last season . . .

The Roos boast three elite players - Brent Harvey, Nick Dal Santo and Todd Goldstein - but have nine in the above-average category.

Carlton boasted two elite players - Kade Simpson and Chris Yarran - but Marc Murphy and Bryce Gibbs, the latter having claimed his maiden best and fairest last season, were deemed only above average.

If I am interpreting that correctly (and I have reservations about the Champion Data criteria and analysis) North have one more elite player than us, and seven more above-average players.

I would take Simpson, Yarran, Murphy and Gibbs ahead of Harvey and Dal Santo without hesitation and I wouldn't class Goldstein as an elite player.  However, Champion Data's assessment that North has 12 players who are above average or better compared to our four players is cause for concern. 

Some may choose to focus that concern on Champion Data's analysis, others may focus on our list management and player development.  Even if Champion Data's analysis is flawed, it would be naïve to think that North's list is not as good as ours.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #141
There's a better way of assessing a player and determining which ones are A graders than relying on Statistical analysis....DJC's hinted at it.

....it's called "watching them play"  :D

Reply #142
There's a better way of assessing a player and determining which ones are A graders than relying on Statistical analysis....DJC's hinted at it.

Basically the only way. Words and text mean nothing. Score on the field in real life lets you see the truth. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #143

Exactly what I was trying to say. I think many on here who don't rate North simply don't watch them, look at their list and go 'yeah they're crap.' I too would've written off someone like Dal Santo but he was enormous last year. Brent Harvey is in playing just as well if not possibly better than he ever has. Put simply, North play to the strengths of their list, they have great runners and like to take the game on. They are very even across the field. That troubles most sides more often than not. The fact that they're lacking possibly one or two stars is probably the only thing holding them back from making the big dance.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #144
Yet we still managed to beat them last season. 

I don't understand what you are getting at. Are you saying we are good enough to beat them and therefore we are underachieving?

FTR that was a milestone 100th game for Yazz, Robbo and Hendo, and Waite tore them a new one (Waite plays for his mates).
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #145
Exactly what I was trying to say. I think many on here who don't rate North simply don't watch them, look at their list and go 'yeah they're crap.' I too would've written off someone like Dal Santo but he was enormous last year. Brent Harvey is in playing just as well if not possibly better than he ever has. Put simply, North play to the strengths of their list, they have great runners and like to take the game on. They are very even across the field. That troubles most sides more often than not. The fact that they're lacking possibly one or two stars is probably the only thing holding them back from making the big dance.

Wells, Ziebel and Swallow aren't exactly hacks either.
Now you can add Waite to the mix and they might even get something out of Higgins, and if it came down to a choice between Ben Brown and Levi Casboult I know who I'd pick.
No members, no money and bugger all prime time games, but they keep soldiering on.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #146
North have a lot of people fooled, they also play the media like a piano.  Apparently our blokes have a problem Fronting up with 100% effort all the time... North have the same problem but nobody mentions it.  Their best player is 38, they drafted an injury prone forward and their other main avenue to goal was FLOGGED by Rowe. And they're better than us?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #147
North have a lot of people fooled, they also play the media like a piano.  Apparently our blokes have a problem Fronting up with 100% effort all the time... North have the same problem but nobody mentions it.  Their best player is 38, they drafted an injury prone forward and their other main avenue to goal was FLOGGED by Rowe. And they're better than us?

Mate the media were all over North on quite a few occasions last year when they dropped games they should've won. They beat hawthorn and Sydney last year, Sydney was in Sydney. They then knocked off the scum and Cats in the finals. How could you possibly compare us to them? I think we should be doing better no doubt but results say they are light years ahead of us, regardless of who's on their list.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #148

Mate the media were all over North on quite a few occasions last year when they dropped games they should've won. They beat hawthorn and Sydney last year, Sydney was in Sydney. They then knocked off the scum and Cats in the finals. How could you possibly compare us to them? I think we should be doing better no doubt but results say they are light years ahead of us, regardless of who's on their list.

North play a very '11 Carlton style of game.

Inconsistent, and when their run gets shut down they are cactus.

Reply #149
Haha funny you know I was just about to compare their 2014 season to ours in 2011! :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!