Skip to main content
Topic: Pass Mark 2015 (Read 66168 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pass Mark 2015

Reply #150
Exactly, and where did our 2011 season get us?  They might be better than us but premiership material.... Yea, right, they are where we are - nowheresville, they just don't realise it yet.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #151
Exactly, and where did our 2011 season get us?  They might be better than us but premiership material.... Yea, right, they are where we are - nowheresville, they just don't realise it yet.

I said they were a couple of A-graders short of a Premiership but they had important players missing from last year's finals series ans still performed well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #152
Yet we still managed to beat them last season. 

I don't understand what you are getting at. Are you saying we are good enough to beat them and therefore we are underachieving?

FTR that was a milestone 100th game for Yazz, Robbo and Hendo, and Waite tore them a new one (Waite plays for his mates).

I'm saying we beat them last season.  We both have mental yips.  Both of us are middle of the road teams who can beat or lose to anyone on any given day. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #153
Yet we still managed to beat them last season. 

I don't understand what you are getting at. Are you saying we are good enough to beat them and therefore we are underachieving?

FTR that was a milestone 100th game for Yazz, Robbo and Hendo, and Waite tore them a new one (Waite plays for his mates).

I'm saying we beat them last season.  We both have mental yips.  Both of us are middle of the road teams who can beat or lose to anyone on any given day. 

No, they can beat Hawthorn and Sydney on any given day, we can't even get close. They also played in a prelim, we finished bottom six. Middle of the road sides don't play in prelims and consistently beat the grand finalists.

I'm going to put you in the assumption category, you haven't watched them enough and assume they are crap because they lack superstars on their list.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #154
um, Carrots, didn't CFC all but people the Hawks?

And Sydney was a disaster thanks to one 'orrible 3rd qtr.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #155
Put me in whatever category you like Carrots, I watched these guys and I must say that their good was bloody good, and their bad was absolutely WOEFUL.

Round 1 vs Essendon lost by 39 points.
Round 5 vs Collingwood lost by 35 points.
Round 7 vs Gold Coast lost by 43 points at Etihad.
Round 13 vs Adelaide lost 36 points
Round 15 vs Brisbane lost by 4 points
Round 18 vs Carlton lost by 23 points

They lost a few other matches as well but those were matches where they were four quarter efforts and were outdone by some poor umpiring and some inspiring play by their opposition (I almost left ours off but I seem to recall a few blokes from their team take some short steps particularly in the 4th quarter when the game was in the balance).

Most of the above were matches where they just were not switched on.  They did this for at least a quarter (sometimes a half) in wins vs Richmond, Melbourne (the second time) and GWS too.

Good teams dont have wild mood swings during the season like they did last year.  Their good is good, but their bad is downright appalling.  Lets not forget that last year they had the benefit of a "soft draw" due to missing the finals in 2013 also.

A few of us are of the opinion that they will get found out this year.  We might be wrong, they could very well sort out the inconsistency of EFFORT and do better, but I doubt it.

Paul Hewson

Reply #156
Thank you for eruditely setting out the point I was attempting to get across.  The kangas have games were they don't front up mentally.  Some of those losses were to average sides and they were comprehensive as well.  Good sides don't lose like that is times in a single year.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #157
Good teams dont have wild mood swings during the season like they did last year.  Their good is good, but their bad is downright appalling.  Lets not forget that last year they had the benefit of a "soft draw" due to missing the finals in 2013 also.

Middle of the road sides don't play in prelims or beat grand finalists consistently. They don't win two finals. Obviously they put in a few poor performances but that's stock standard for any side. Fact is you said they were middle of the road and compared them to us and that's just so wrong it's not funny. Bordering on delusion really.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #158
Thank you for eruditely setting out the point I was attempting to get across.  The kangas have games were they don't front up mentally.  Some of those losses were to average sides and they were comprehensive as well.  Good sides don't lose like that is times in a single year.

Mate they played in a Prelim, they beat the grand finalists during the year. I really don't see how you can dismiss them as not being a good side. You may dislike them and that's fine but don't let your bias get in the way of rational assessment.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #159

Middle of the road sides don't play in prelims or beat grand finalists consistently. They don't win two finals. Obviously they put in a few poor performances but that's stock standard for any side. Fact is you said they were middle of the road and compared them to us and that's just so wrong it's not funny. Bordering on delusion really.

Ill leave the delusions to others thanks.  I just proved that I saw more of their footy than you thought I had.

Paul Hewson

Reply #160

Ill leave the delusions to others thanks.  I just proved that I saw more of their footy than you thought I had.

WTF?? You proved nothing LMAO. You should start your own thread, 'the world according to Thry'. A weird and wonderful place full of football fantasy.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #161

WTF?? You proved nothing LMAO. You should start your own thread, 'the world according to Thry'. A weird and wonderful place full of football fantasy.
Gotta agree with Carrots here Thry, how did you prove your point.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #162
Mate they played in a Prelim, they beat the grand finalists during the year.

And they beat Freo and West Coast in Perth.
They aren't a looming Premiership team but they're comfortably ahead of us.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #163
Yeah I agree, like I said, probably a few A graders short of a premiership and it's unlikely they'll get them in time. They are however a very even side.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #164
I think that a large part of the Shinboners' inconsistency is due to the fact that their coach is still learning the caper.  If he can lift his game, and Waite can stay on the park, they could be a top four side this season.

According to their coach, they have been very active in replenishing their list and believe that they will remain in contention for some time . . . and all done on the smell of an oily rag  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball