Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 51100 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7: Post Game .........: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #75
It's not the howlers, it's standing by watching after he makes them.
That is what looked awful.
It's all about effort from the group and then he did that.
Lazy and selfish. Luckily it didn't cost us but it could have

Gibbs is the same..... if Everitt kicks 3 he's done his job.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #76
Treloar is a jet. Ed beat him today but Treloar will get better.
[

Maybe he's beginning to think he's been delivered to the wrong air force?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #77
irrespective, we owned them today.

They were putrid. Suck it up Figjam....and Eddie.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #78
I didn't see or hear one iota of this match as there was no FTA coverage up here and the pub I had a pop-up shop at didn't have Foxtel either.

However, after receiving numerous phone calls and texts from around the country, the two things that appear crystal clear are :

(i) Andre Everitt will be traded at the end of this season
(ii) Nathan Buckley will be sacked (or asked to stand down) this coming Thursday
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #79
if Everitt kicks 30 odd this year you keep him .Simple.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #80

...and how many goals was fev kicking when we traded him out?

Do the team thing, 100% of the time, otherwise you can and will be shown the door.

Reply #81
[

Maybe he's beginning to think he's been delivered to the wrong air force?

Serves him right.

screwing Eddie making snide remarks for 5 years about Juddy and his third party deal, but you dare mention the fraud the Pies pulled on GWS and he threatens you with legal action.

Dirty deal to a screwing pack of ****s.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #82

Did you see the dropped marks and the ball that bounced at his feet which he didn't go hard enough at and then both times give token efforts in the chase and even stand still on the second one and drop his head. Yes he kicked three, but if we're building a side and this goes unpunished then what signal does it send to someone like Jaksch who is yet to get a chance, but sees Everitt shirking the issue and not putting in chasing when that's why he is being held back?

Kerridge made some howlers today too, but he threw himself at the contest to get the ball back, Everitt did not.

Reply #83
Missed the last quarter.

How bad are the pies going?!!!!
They probably played their best football in the last quarter, but to have us win comfortably was very pleasing!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #84
...and how many goals was fev kicking when we traded him out?

Do the team thing, 100% of the time, otherwise you can and will be shown the door.

He's soft but clearly effective. No one has suggested he's selfish....

He filled his role well enough today and could have kicked 5.....

Cut the harp.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #85
Did you see the dropped marks and the ball that bounced at his feet which he didn't go hard enough at and then both times give token efforts in the chase and even stand still on the second one and drop his head. Yes he kicked three, but if we're building a side and this goes unpunished then what signal does it send to someone like Jaksch who is yet to get a chance, but sees Everitt shirking the issue and not putting in chasing when that's why he is being held back?

Kerridge made some howlers today too, but he threw himself at the contest to get the ball back, Everitt did not.

Yes, i was there today. He wasn't Pat Malone....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Re: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #86
Everitt kicking goals adds to his trade value. If he won't play for the team he will be an attractive trade prospect for SoS.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #87
Yes, i was there today. He wasn't Pat Malone....

That made mistakes I agree, but he was the only one who didn't get in and try and get the ball back after he stuffed up. Watch the last quarter again Flyboy and watch the passage after the ball bounces in front of him and he loses it then just jogs after the players, they hand ball around and he just stops in the middle of the and hangs his head. Wasn't good enough.

Re: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #88
Everitt kicking goals adds to his trade value. If he won't play for the team he will be an attractive trade prospect for SoS.

He fits the bill. He's won a carlton leading goalkicker award, he has to go. Just like McKernan, Fev, Garlett, Betts and Waite beforehim. Kennedy never got the chance to win one.

Reply #89
I didn't see or hear one iota of this match as there was no FTA coverage up here and the pub I had a pop-up shop at didn't have Foxtel either.

However, after receiving numerous phone calls and texts from around the country, the two things that appear crystal clear are :

(i) Andre Everitt will be traded at the end of this season
(ii) Nathan Buckley will be sacked (or asked to stand down) this coming Thursday
Interesting thoughts, oh Sheik, but no certainty of either actually happening.
[1] Andreas Everitt: my God, he can be frustrating! He dropped 3 of the easiest chest marks that could possibly happen in football and then couldn't recover quickly enough to save the situation. He cost us 3 goals.
Then there was this other Andreas Everitt who took his opponent apart, who was too fast and who held onto some excellent overhead marks and who kicked some clutch goals. He had 8 marks, at least 3 in the forward 50 (when some weeks we have not been able to get a total of 3 marks in the forward 50). He did some excellent things and had 20 possessions. He actually made some tackles and chased without looking half paced!
If Levi's kicking is an enigma, Everitt's total play is an enigma. I cannot get a handle on the fact that he can be just so good while also being just so bad.
If he continued to kick 3 goals each week, he will be sticking around, as we NEED goal kickers. But I can just imagine how frustrated Bolton must get in the coach's box when the ball is near Everitt. You never know what you are going to get.
[2] Nathan Buckley: Collingwood did not have a mark in the forward 50 in the first half, and then only had a handful for the entire match. They were playing a team of no names and kids. They had finals aspirations.
They failed.
Buckley should be under more pressure than he is. He has got his way in so many areas, including list management. So many Collingwood premiership players were cast off. They were booing Thomas today as a traitor: they could have kept him easily enough. They only had to come close to our offer. But they weren't interested in it. They flicked heath Shaw, who is playing good football at GWS, and lots of others. Anyone who didn't follow Buckley's mantra by actually thinking for himself.
And now those pigeons have returned home to roost. Collingwood lack leadership. (Gee it is nice for some other team to have that said of them!)
I can't see Eddie McIdiot  sacking Buckley: too much money to pay out his contract. But he cannot be happy (and I love that)! Maybe he should get rid of Buckley, but having burnt so many to keep in in the role, I cannot see him burning Buckley as well.
However, stranger things have happened. I wouldn't like to be in Hardwick's shoes either.
Live Long and Prosper!