Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 51100 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #105
Your talking about the past K, hopefully things have now improved from those dark days. Take Everitt on his own merits, if he won't do the key team things set by BB quite simply he will go. We don't want to end up as a loser team again even if Andrejs does win highest goal kicker as a member of it.

The past was only last year. The present is he continued that form.

Reply #106
Not sure if we do this every week, but at 3 qtr time the players formed a circle in the style of the after-game song. Pledging their commitment to eachother? Collingwood bunched up a momentarily but nothing as prolonged or seemingly intent as what we did.

Might be reading too much into it but it gave me confidence that we would hang on.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #107
Gah Everitt... Will be weeded out. Just stood there when he coughed it up again. Was probably spent, but not a good look.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #108
Good win today. Would love to hear from some of the Gibbs-haters, he was just outstanding today

Reply #109
Not sure if we do this every week, but at 3 qtr time the players formed a circle in the style of the after-game song. Pledging their commitment to eachother? Collingwood bunched up a momentarily but nothing as prolonged or seemingly intent as what we did.

Might be reading too much into it but it gave me confidence that we would hang on.
I noted that and commented during the in game thread. I have never seen it before, I liked it. Game was in the balance and I think BB was trying to drive the "stick to the process" mssg.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #110
Good win today. Would love to hear from some of the Gibbs-haters, he was just outstanding today

3 weeks in a row.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #111
I like how "dull" BB's pressers are.  He basically says the same thing every week.  And repeats the same message more than once in the presser, but with zero arrogance or ego.*

Compare to MM who had the whole put on my glasses and check the stats sheet twitch and then just say any old crap because I'm Mick and deserve respect.

* I thought his mention of Barker and Clarke was all class.  Seriously, zero ego.

Reply #112
I like how "dull" BB's pressers are.  He basically says the same thing every week.  And repeats the same message more than once in the presser, but with zero arrogance or ego.*

Compare to MM who had the whole put on my glasses and check the stats sheet twitch and then just say any old crap because I'm Mick and deserve respect.

* I thought his mention of Barker and Clarke was all class.  Seriously, zero ego.
Bizzare how I just watched it 10 mins ago and thought the very same thing. He doesnt talk about match ups, strategy, umpires,nothing. Just the same thing about "us not me" stuff, process and systems. Its pleasantly different.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #113

Not a hater but have not been a fan either...been saying for ages he needs to spend more time forward where he can be creative and kick some goals.
Did a poor turnover early in the game but from then on he was very good....

Re: Rd 7: Post Game .........: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #115
Cripps doesn't want to kick. He had so many chances to put it on the boot today but didn't. Just loves drawing the heat and then farming the handball out to someone in space. 29 pos 19 contested 9 clearances. Still not at his absolute peak with a few fumbles and missed handballs (splitting hairs).

Docherty - went to a whole new level today. Looked like Bruce Doull back there - clean hands, kept running away from half back. Such a calming influence on the others.

Simmo - 31 pos at 90%. I can't remember the 10% that missed a target. Awesome.

Gibbs - he is such a front-runner but had a good game today. Those 3 goals we poise and class. A few of his teammates stuffed up sitters but he was just calm.

Rowe was pretty solid today.

Armfield did some really good things. Competitor.

Everitt and Walker looked short of a run today. Everitt - wow he does some bad things - like dropping easy chest-marks then panick turnover then doesn't chase to make up for his bad play. Wasn't terrible overall but... coach killer.

Plowman had his worst game but wasn't terrible. We missed Weitering at times.

Walker should have played Nb's..was a passenger all day and needs a couple of games to get the rust out....
Everitt was Everitt....capable goalkicker but lazy at crucial contests..
Rowe...solid and one of his best games, got to admire a bloke who came back from serious illness and who was just a handy SANFL player...think he is important to us
and gives Weitering and Plowman some cover..

Plowman..was woeful...fumbled, looked uncomfortable vs the bigger White but all players have an off day and I still like the way
he goes about his footy and is very disciplined.

Docherty is a very good player and one of first picked IMO......
Simpson...brave little soldier who keeps surprising, just when you think he might be on the way out he bursts out of defense, beats two or three players and
hits some good targets, should keep playing next season.

Reply #116
Last 6 outings v Pies

Pies
Pies
Pies
Pies by 75 - MM's record game  :o (deliberate someone asked.... You think)
Pies
BLUES

The tide is turning ^-^
The past is gone
Bring on the new Blues - we're just starting and Bolts has already ironed out some wrinkles. Imagine having another injection of fresh talent over the next couple of years.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #117
He wont take us any further ;)...we need to sack Bolton and replace him with a coach who has finals experience, won preimierships and more importantly
has a daughter with a book to launch... :D

Watch it EB; you'll be banned ;)

I spent the day on the Birdsville Track and only got the scores through updates during Geelong's dismantling of Wet Toast.

By all accounts it was a great win but then I read negative crap about players that are ranked in our best by neutral observers????

Hopefully I'll be able to watch a replay tomorrow.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #118
Watch it EB; you'll be banned ;)

I spent the day on the Birdsville Track and only got the scores through updates during Geelong's dismantling of Wet Toast.

By all accounts it was a great win but then I read negative crap about players that are ranked in our best by neutral observers????

Hopefully I'll be able to watch a replay tomorrow.

Happy to say I dont agree with some of that banning...bit of robust colourful debate is ok IMO...anyway....You will enjoy the game DJ....it was a good game of footy and one we could have lost but Bolton has instilled some of that Hawthorn grit, unity and mental strength and this is the first Carlton team I have seen for a while that really plays like a united team..

Reply #119
Having three wins in a row, now is a good time to look at our players. I've seen the last two wins, and watched the Freo game on tv, so here's my two cents:
1 Walker - looked so underdone today, but really liked the way he seemed to realise that and worked so hard on the defensive side of his game, needs a couple of games but worth persisting with
3 Murphy - heavy tag today, but continues to work his butt off and put his head over the ball, showing great leadership by example
4 Gibbs - outstanding today, in great form and is consistently showing his class and hurting the opposition, would be winning our B&F right now I think
6 Simpson - excellent game today, yet again, our most courageous player, rose again in the last quarter and got us home, gets criticised for his disposal, but I can't remember his last clanger turnover
8 Kreuzer - is really rolling at the moment, tapwork is excellent, marking around the ground better than ever, and is a real force around the clearances, to go better when Phillips not playing and gets more time on the ball
9 Cripps - future star, almost there now, you have to watch carefully to see all of the great things he does in tight, just makes good decisions all the time and executes well, will continue to improve but is already in our top 4 players
11 Kerridge - works really hard and did a lot of good things today, just rushes on occasion, not as polished as I thouht when we got him, but runs and works so hard, we just need to get him to relax and use his skills better
13 Lamb - impressed with this guy, works very hard, spent some time in the centre square midfield today and did some good work, needs some confidence i think and back himself, could be a real asset
14 Jones - Tries hard but limited, not in our next premisership team
15 Docherty - what a steal this guy is, cool and composed, reads the play beautifully and uses the ball as well as anyone we have, was a key player today and last week, a key plank of our team going forward
17 Rowe - very good again today, concentrates well and is a real team player, limited in some aspects, but gives his all, which we need until we improve the list
19 Sumner - starting to really believe in this guy, did some very good work today, runs so hard without the ball, is definitely a keeper and will improve over the next couple of years
20 Plowman - big wraps and has done some nice work, but seems a bit unsure at times, needs confidence, get some games into him and encourage him to take the game on, will always lose some one on one contests with bigger opponents, but needs to be encouraged to run off them when we have the ball
27 Armfield - tried hard all day, did some useful things but applied a lot of chase and tackle pressure which I assume is his main KPI, love his effort and commitment, unquestionable
33 Everitt - Dr Jekkly and Mr Hyde - so many good things and so many bad things
35 Curnow - Outstanding again from Ed, made Treloar almost irrelevant and got planty of it himself, just about our most consistent player over the last 12 months IMO, one of our best
39 Thomas - averege game, tried hard after elbow injury early
40 Jamieson - tried hard but seems restricted, can't question his commitment, and did a good job of negating his various opponents throughout the game
41 Casboult - outstanding again, marked everything, kicked pretty well, underrated on this site, work rate is first class
42 Touhy - very solid game, took risks at the right times, kicking very good
46 Wright - solid contribution again, a good pick up, very smart and uses the ball well