Skip to main content
Topic: Round #4 Carlton vs St. Kilda in NZ: Pre Game prognostications (Read 64740 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round #4 Carlton vs St. Kilda in NZ: Pre Game prognostications

Reply #15
I would leave Cripps in the middle were he is doing well extracting the footy...he also isnt a great converter at this stage of his career and his kicking needs work.
Look I know people want to drop Jones and I understand why but this week in the one where he will get a undersized opponent given the Saints really only have two tall defenders
in Delaney and Fisher unless they play Bruce back. I think he can beat up on the likes of Roberton or Shenton etc if we can get the ball to him and this could be his week....

Not too sure of Cripps' conversion as he had his first shot for goal for the club yesterday. Not sure what it was like at the NBs though. I just feel he's a big boy (not feel in literal terms..haha), takes a great pack mark so from what I saw in the NBs, if a similar player like Whiley comes in, Cripps can be  good forward target. That's what I think anyway looking into the future. 

I'd like a couple of running, 3rd tall types on the forward, Walker and Cripps, with Hendo and Casboult. Casboult already has a huge job having to play two roles so a bit of help there would be good for him. Add Menzel there and we're just short of a small forward. comes down then to how the ball is brought in otherwise it doesn't matter how good a forward line in.

Reply #16
I would leave Cripps in the middle were he is doing well extracting the footy...he also isnt a great converter at this stage of his career and his kicking needs work.
Look I know people want to drop Jones and I understand why but this week in the one where he will get a undersized opponent given the Saints really only have two tall defenders
in Delaney and Fisher unless they play Bruce back. I think he can beat up on the likes of Roberton or Shenton etc if we can get the ball to him and this could be his week....

Agreed, Cripps can stay there now, it's over for the other options he is a class above them.

Agreed, Jones would have benefited greatly from having Menzel in the F50 as well. If we can't put The Aints to the sword with our mix of Mids and marking options we have a big problem.

If Jaksch is fit does he return, I think so he is mobile enough to get Yarran's normal opponent and leave 1AW running off HBF!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
I agree that Cripps should be left where he is as he looks pretty good in the role and will only get better. Be interesting to see who else comes in and Whiley definitely looks like an option in the light of his NB performance. Let's hope he has ticked all the required boxes. Don't think we'll see Boekhorst or Buckley if MM's comments are anything to go by - rated both as not yet ready.

Hopefully Jaksch is OK to go, we need to keep playing him as much as possible IMO. I would like to see Byrne get a full game if he's fit enough.

I don't think there'll be too many unforced changes tbh.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #18
I agree that Cripps should be left where he is as he looks pretty good in the role and will only get better. Be interesting to see who else comes in and Whiley definitely looks like an option in the light of his NB performance. Let's hope he has ticked all the required boxes. Don't think we'll see Boekhorst or Buckley if MM's comments are anything to go by - rated both as not yet ready.

Hopefully Jaksch is OK to go, we need to keep playing him as much as possible IMO. I would like to see Byrne get a full game if he's fit enough.

I don't think there'll be too many unforced changes tbh.
Don't think we'll see Jacksch in NZ as flying is not great fro recovering froma punctured lung, expect to see him back against the Pies. Whiley is a certainty, the other ins an=re not so clear.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #19
Don't think we'll see Jacksch in NZ as flying is not great fro recovering froma punctured lung, expect to see him back against the Pies. Whiley is a certainty, the other ins an=re not so clear.

Some reports suggested Jaksch was close to playing yesterday, it must be pretty minor!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Some reports suggested Jaksch was close to playing yesterday, it must be pretty minor!
That would ba bonus if he could make it for next weeks game, it gives us a mobile
KPP who has a bit of class about him.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #21
B: Simpson Jamison Tuohy
HB: Byrne Jaksch Docherty

Foll: Wood Judd Murphy
C:  Boekhurst Whiley Everitt

HF: Cripps Henderson Buckley
F: Menzel Casboult Walker

Int: Bell Armfield  Graham Carrazzo

Left Gibbs out as I don't believe he'll beat the Match Review Panel as he got Goddard's head.

As for Mick, no great instructions other to give them their head and just run, as you would do when rebuilding with younger players. No complicated tactics needed there.

Reply #22
I don't care who takes his spot but three games of Jones is all I can handle, he's a waste of space.
Casboult can go too, his kicking is so bad it embarrasses the club.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #23
If we bring effort, we will win. Nothing surer.

Reply #24
I don't care who takes his spot but three games of Jones is all I can handle, he's a waste of space.
Casboult can go too, his kicking is so bad it embarrasses the club.

Casboult fills a need as our 2nd ruck. That or Warnock. Casboult thanks.

Jones always looks like he can play but doesn't. He has ability and must be suited somewhere, just yet to find it. NBs seems a good place for him right now.

Reply #25
Casboult fills a need as our 2nd ruck. That or Warnock. Casboult thanks.

Nope, he turned over every single possession he had in the first half, not that he had many.
He's a liability.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #26
Why'd I think this would be a good idea to attend this game.....oh that's right, 'cos it was November last year when I did so......damn.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #27
Why'd I think this would be a good idea to attend this game.....oh that's right, 'cos it was November last year when I did so......damn.

Ouch! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #28
Nope, he turned over every single possession he had in the first half, not that he had many.
He's a liability.

Still need a ruckman to relieve Wood and he's the best we have.

Reply #29

It's a trip to New Zealand at least. Good enough excuse even when you're crap...lol.