Skip to main content
Topic: Yarran to jog in GF Sprint (Read 25115 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Yarran to run in GF Sprint

Reply #45
I'm sure Adelaide fans have celebrated long over Dangerfield winning.  By memory I heard one guy ran it last year to get his mate a ticket to the GF. Doubt any of them take it seriously.

Dangerfield does because he's a born competitor, you'll never see him laughing with his opponent while on the receiving end of a shellacking in a final.

Yarran is more talented than 95% of the players who played on Saturday but he wouldn't get a game at either club.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #46
I'm sure Adelaide fans have celebrated long over Dangerfield winning.  By memory I heard one guy ran it last year to get his mate a ticket to the GF. Doubt any of them take it seriously.

Dangerfield does because he's a born competitor, you'll never see him laughing with his opponent while on the receiving end of a shellacking in a final.

Yarran is more talented than 95% of the players who played on Saturday but he wouldn't get a game at either club.

Agree with this - Yarran seems gun-shy of really putting his talents to the test - scared in a way.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #47
It's a GF sprint FFS WGARA how he went ::)

Given that it was the only Carlton jumper on the field on Grand Final day....I cared....a bit....a little :D

As a track and field coach I was interested in how he went.
Pretty much as expected
He has good reaction and acceleration but there remains a question mark over how long he can maintain that.
As we've seen in games if he can break the initial tackle he is away... and over 30-50 metres he's very hard to catch.
Remember he has to bounce the ball while running which is something the chasing player doesn't need to worry about, so his ability to run away is even more impressive
(That running/bouncing ability is something a Grand final sprint won't test.)

Reply #48
i think Ross touched on something interesting during the week which applies to Yarran
You have to emotionally commit. Its easy for players to withdraw emotion and effort - This is Yarrans problem
doesn't emotionally commit or risk to a game

Reply #49
i think Ross touched on something interesting during the week which applies to Yarran
You have to emotionally commit. Its easy for players to withdraw emotion and effort - This is Yarrans problem
doesn't emotionally commit or risk to a game

That's it. He always seems to be holding a part of himself back somehow. The only time I've seen him really go for it was in his dust up with Geary in the Saints game.
Reality always wins in the end.

Re: Yarran to jog in GF Sprint

Reply #50
Yarran clearly tried to set himself up for the final by coasting in to fourth place in the heat.

As soon as he realised that he couldn't match Dangerfield, he backed off and probably as instructed by the fitness staff.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #51
Ok, I didn't see it on the day because as I said WGARA for the GF sprint.  Just watched it online, don't know what people are saying that he pulled up half way through.  From the online vid he looked like he was trying up until about the last 10-15 paces (mtrs), when Dangerfield was clearly the winner. 

Will never defend any half ar$ed efforts on field but seriously it was the GF sprint and he looked like he gave it a crack up until the end.  Sounds like some people will use any reason to have a crack at one of our players.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #52
No one cares about the sprint but it summed up his career and why he has been a complete waste of a top ten draft pick.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #53
Surely Yaz beat Norman Yem home?

Reply #54
No one cares about the sprint but it summed up his career and why he has been a complete waste of a top ten draft pick.

Very harsh. He was going fine in 2011. I haven't given up on him yet.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #55

The AFL is a brutal business. Jordan Russell was outstanding in 2010 and now his career looks over.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #56

The AFL is a brutal business. Jordan Russell was outstanding in 2010 and now his career looks over.

Well if Mick turns him around he'll win me over. That's what we're paying the big bucks for. Fingers crossed. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #57
Micks a great coach but it's hard to coach a guy who quits half way through a race. :))
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #58
Jordon Russell and and Brett Thornton got lots of kicks in the back line,
holding the ball up
and kicking it around...
I think the ball goes forward with more control these days,
putting enormous pressure.
Collingwood discovered what Carlton already knew of JordonR
Walker, is a model of what a HBF needs to be.

Reply #59
I think JR was a lot better than a cheap kick getter used to beat A LOT of great players.

Yarran turns 23 today still very very young.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!