Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: 2019 AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 18495 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: 2019 AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #60
I’m fascinated by the theory of alternate universes. Apparently there’s one out there where Donald Trump made it all the way to president and man walked on the moon  ::)

But to think that, due to a wrinkle in the space-time continuum, Levi Casboult is actually a force to be reckoned with just blows my mind!

And he's finally throwing his weight around!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #62
And he's finally throwing his weight around!

Agree. He’s playing a far more physical game.
We need that to continue.
I’m sure that is something Teague has demanded

Reply #63
I'm the first to poo poo Marc Murphy for his performances, but he has definitely improved his output in line with what you expect from a senior player with his experience.

That's all we supporters want, effort across the board from every player. It was a pleasure to watch them play yesterday. I actually stood up and applauded in my lounge room when the final siren went.

The first time I've been proud of this club in many a year... Still can't wipe the smile off may face!
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #64
I'm the first to poo poo Marc Murphy for his performances, but he has definitely improved his output in line with what you expect from a senior player with his experience.

That's all we supporters want, effort across the board from every player. It was a pleasure to watch them play yesterday. I actually stood up and applauded in my lounge room when the final siren went.

The first time I've been proud of this club in many a year... Still can't wipe the smile off may face!

here, here.

I too thought Murphy was 'done', cooked or whatever.....the change in many is remarkable really. Yesterday was a real team effort.

And the guys are clearly loving it - after all, winners are grinners?  ;D

As the players are saying, Teague is making a compelling case....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #65

Totally agree.
Others will try to tell you he hasn’t changed at all.
What garbage.
He actually tackles with intent now and gets serious contested possessions.
Well done Marc Murphy, you have reinvented your game for the better

Reply #66
Played like men today, all rolled their sleeves up and dug in.

I would like to say this however, ever since Daisy called the umpire a cheat we have got a very raw deal from the umpires, so many barely there frees given to the opposition and we basically have to be raped to get a free. If anyone on here calls into the radio stations then I think you should bring this into the air and call the umpires on their bias.

Even today when Dow didn't have many disposal he did a lot of defensive running, DeLuca is a little demon, Gibbons the same, O'Brien ran hard up and down the wings and hit some important targets, Jack was at his hard working best, Walsh was superb as was Weitering, although I hope he gets the pushing in the back out of his game soon.

Samos pick up and spin away from the contact was a once in a season play, then Setterfield did it just afterwards, very clean and I always feel confident when either have the the ball in their hands.

I could gush on all night but the results justify the sacking of Bolton. Now the Carlton board needs to finish the job and appoint Teague, maybe get some more experienced assistant coaches around him.

It's a good time to be a Carlton member, and it's great to hear the Carlton crowd at the game for the first time in two years.

That pick up spin just shows what class SPS has...

Reply #67
Totally agree.
Others will try to tell you he hasn’t changed at all.
What garbage.
He actually tackles with intent now and gets serious contested possessions.
Well done Marc Murphy, you have reinvented your game for the better

And he seems to be enjoying himself!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #69
This was a real 4 quarter effort. Some of the transition work out of the back half yesterday was first rate. SPS adds a fair bit of class and although he tends to get too cute sometimes generally he does something constructive with his disposal. A few blokes have saved their careers since Teague has taken over.
See Kennedy, Silvagni, Murphy, Curnow.
If Fish is back next week I'd get rid of Lang. He's no good. Don't be deceived. Where the majority have increased their intensity over the last 7 weeks he's still a cat. Not up to it. O'Brien is showing more.
I remember Setterfield being so fumbly at the start of the year but he has improved significantly since then to say the least.
Well done to Philips. All I wanted was a contest and he exceeded my expectations.
Gibbons has progressively got  better as the year has gone on. Maybe the mature body comes to the for as the younger ones tire. Congrats on the selection team in keeping the faith where I was wanting him dropped after round 4.
Jones continues to give you heart in the mouth moments but his importance to the team cannot be understated.
Cripps, superlatives escape me. I haven't been this excited about a Carlton player since Kouta and I say a prayer every night for his continues health and contract extension commitment.
Adelaide are a rabble at the moment. A lot of head shaking and arm waving went on with them yesterday. The West Coast will be a totally different story and be a great indicator of we're we are at. Bring it on I say and I wouldn't have been saying that 7 weeks ago.

Reply #70
Biggest thing that has changed is our players belief.

Even when things are not going our way, we never go into our shells or deviate, we just continue with the same run, flair and attack until it turns. We don’t lose focus anymore.

It’s taken a while but if believing they belong is Teagues doing he should be signed up today. Making players believe and building confidence in a young group is understated and vitally important.

I think it clear we have turned the corner.

Reply #71
I would like to say this however, ever since Daisy called the umpire a cheat we have got a very raw deal from the umpires, so many barely there frees given to the opposition and we basically have to be raped to get a free.

Hard to argue this point given an appalling performance by the officials yesterday.

Reply #72
This was a real 4 quarter effort. Some of the transition work out of the back half yesterday was first rate. SPS adds a fair bit of class and although he tends to get too cute sometimes generally he does something constructive with his disposal. A few blokes have saved their careers since Teague has taken over.
See Kennedy, Silvagni, Murphy, Curnow.
If Fish is back next week I'd get rid of Lang. He's no good. Don't be deceived. Where the majority have increased their intensity over the last 7 weeks he's still a cat. Not up to it. O'Brien is showing more.
I remember Setterfield being so fumbly at the start of the year but he has improved significantly since then to say the least.
Well done to Philips. All I wanted was a contest and he exceeded my expectations.
Gibbons has progressively got  better as the year has gone on. Maybe the mature body comes to the for as the younger ones tire. Congrats on the selection team in keeping the faith where I was wanting him dropped after round 4.
Jones continues to give you heart in the mouth moments but his importance to the team cannot be understated.
Cripps, superlatives escape me. I haven't been this excited about a Carlton player since Kouta and I say a prayer every night for his continues health and contract extension commitment.
Adelaide are a rabble at the moment. A lot of head shaking and arm waving went on with them yesterday. The West Coast will be a totally different story and be a great indicator of we're we are at. Bring it on I say and I wouldn't have been saying that 7 weeks ago.

Lang does a lot more than Dow presently.

Fisher and Fasolo for Lang and Dow?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #74

One last observation - Cripps is the only one in the team who wears the fluorescent yellow boots - I was wondering yesterday if that is done on purpose so all the other players can spot him at a glance...?

It's hard to tell at normal speed, but Newman was wearing boots very similar to Cripps. Newman's look like a block colour bright green, and Cripps' looked like a graduated colorway, from bright green to a lighter green or white. Different brands too I believe.