Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne (Read 111942 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne

Reply #105
Beginning to think that, since this game is in the traditional Saturday arvo timeslot, I may just mosey along, even after last week's fiasco. Hopefully weather will be OK.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #106
I'd definitely go but it's Doncaster Stakes day at Randwick with a bumper card of races.

Saturday afternoon and perhaps twilight are the only time slots that interest me in terms of going to the games now.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #107
Dawes probably back for the Dees this week...

Reply #108
Beginning to think that, since this game is in the traditional Saturday arvo timeslot, I may just mosey along, even after last week's fiasco. Hopefully weather will be OK.

Likewise. Be good to show support in nos. this week. With the NBs looking like they're the ABC TV game of the day I can record that and watch it Saturday night - I can just hear Mrs Baggers groaning, 'oh joy'.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #110
And Mitch Clark just retired after being diagnosed with depression...all the best to him for his future.

Sad news about the kid, he was a real talent and I hope he gets all the care he needs to get himself sorted out.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #111

And Mitch Clark just retired after being diagnosed with depression...all the best to him for his future.

Very sad - good luck to him in the future.

Reply #112

Figures on the growth of this disease -- depression & anxiety -- are horrendous. Fastest growing disease in the Western World.

All the best, Mitch. Fortunately there is quality care, support and treatment for this insidious ailment. Good luck Mate.

Must comment the AFL on its handling of this and other mental illnesses in players. One of my close mates who used to don the Navy Blue, when diagnosed with depression, received outstanding support from the AFL / CFC.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #113
I heard the story about Mitch on the news tonight. Sad to hear and wish him all the best in his life. I hope he has the right support to help him manage his life.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #114

Figures on the growth of this disease -- depression & anxiety -- are horrendous. Fastest growing disease in the Western World.

All the best, Mitch. Fortunately there is quality care, support and treatment for this insidious ailment. Good luck Mate.

Must comment the AFL on its handling of this and other mental illnesses in players. One of my close mates who used to don the Navy Blue, when diagnosed with depression, received outstanding support from the AFL / CFC.

The AFL are good like that - so are the clubs

Reply #115
All the best Mitch, I actually had you on the interchange on my Fantasy Team hoping you would come back, now I will have to trade you.
Good Luck Bud.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #116
Hope he goes ok.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #117
Puts the beating by the Essenborgs in perspective......?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #118
As bad as we were against the Scum, we cant possibly lose to this mob..... Can we ?
My God, the utter humiliation if we do!!!!

Reply #119
As bad as we were against the Scum, we cant possibly lose to this mob..... Can we ?
My God, the utter humiliation if we do!!!!

I'm not counting any chickens that's for sure.