Skip to main content
Topic: Is Psychological help the answer ? (Read 39800 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Is Psychological help the answer ?

Reply #75
Funny how 22 blokes have off-season surgery which seriously hampers their preparation is not a reason for season 2014 failure thus far for the MM critics... yet Ratts' injury list in 2012 is a reason for failure.  :o  :o This is an imperative comparison which KRUDDNESS introduced - top stuff.

Ratten was sacked and you were leading the charge numbnuts.

So which one is it then Baggers? If MM succeeds it as the injuries, if he doesn't it was the players?

Quote from: Baggers
Considering what we were up against - 6 day turnaround; interstate; rub of the green; missing key talls; Juddy obviously under an injury cloud... bloody brilliant effort.

The culture; the courage; the character of this club is beyond any question. 10/10.

The fact that we only lost by 3 pts is testament to the character of this group, this club and the strong steps of our coaching group.

And getting this close after losing Thornton and Jamison on one leg... and not having Kruezer, Waite and Gibbs! Please... that's like the Weagles having gone in without Kennedy, Cox and Kerr! And then losing Darling before half time.

Was really looking forward to your response to this Baggers. You say our team is awful but you were full of praise after this game.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #76
Kruds is the  ultimate spin merchant. Expert at making a stat sound anyway he wants to to sound. some of his stats are good, others, when he's trying to spin an argument, I just yawn and go "ho hum".

Thank you very much about time someone else noticed what he does.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #77
Funny how 22 blokes have off-season surgery which seriously hampers their preparation is not a reason for season 2014 failure thus far for the MM critics... yet Ratts' injury list in 2012 is a reason for failure.  :o  :o This is an imperative comparison which KRUDDNESS introduced - top stuff.
This off season misinformation from the club reminds me of Comical Ali.  Apart from Judd, Kruezer and Carrazzo I can't recall any major preseason set backs. In fact training in Dec was pretty much full squad, Arazona trip was 34/36? Players. I remember Carrazzo and Kreuzer staying behind only  :-\. Then in jan was the "MC Has a dilemma" that they have a full squad to pick from by round 1  :o

They shouldn't be counting manscaping and laser hair removal as surgery, but if it helps with excuses then hey suppose Comical Mick will use it.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #78
Just on Stats
Stats are terribly overrated.
There are too many variables.

The look and feel of the game are much more important.
You only have to go back to last week.

Malthouse said his team was without confidence, but he was "not going to drop the expectations".

He pointed to Carlton's edge in clearances (39-25), contested possessions (135-122) and inside 50s (48-45) as proof his players had "busted their guts".

Does anyone really think we busted a gut.......or dictated the play to the extent the stats would suggest.

Reply #79
Hey wasn't Baggers very critical of Ratts using stats to explain losses? :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #80
Kruds is the  ultimate spin merchant. Expert at making a stat sound anyway he wants to to sound. some of his stats are good, others, when he's trying to spin an argument, I just yawn and go "ho hum".

Thank you very much about time someone else noticed what he does.

Translation: I like the stats he posts which agree with my side of the argument. The ones that contradict it are spin and no good.

@Lods...
Agree to an extent with this. Which was a point i was making in terms of who was the better side in that final. Depending on how you arbitrarily break it down, it points to a different 'better side'. IMO reality was, we were flattered by the scoreline. We had a 23 point lead, and turned that into a 21 point deficit.  Despite having some bad decisions against us, despite coming close in the end, when the game was on the line, we went missing. Others disagree, so be it.

Reply #81
Yep
I was talking about stats in general Kruds.
I don't remember much about the specific game other than we were a couple of key players down and went close. (That's what senility will do :D)

Ask me about the day we kicked 210 against Hawthorn in 1969 .... and I'll tell you all about it though.
(as Bryan Adams said "Those were the best days of our lives")

They were a nice set of stats. .......Except for the kicking... 30 behinds..... an area we haven't improved on.

Reply #82
Mick is our coach. Give him what he needs to succeed.

Agree but we can't do that... we don't have the resources to have the best funded footy department in the business and people to keep the wolves at bay for him.

We either find someone who can work in those situations (clearly Mick can't) or we find a new administration and a hell of a lot more cash.

Why can't we do that? Why can't Mick do that?

Under Swann we have gone from a club in the bottom 4 for footy department spend to a club in the top 5 in footy department spend....and continue to improve in that area.

We have gone through a massive reconstruction of the footy department in the last couple years and are still going through this change.  Recruiting department has had a complete overhaul. McKay has headed up the footy department. Fitness guy changed over. Assistant coaches have been turned over, more to come i suspect.

Reply #83
Micks last two coaching gigs were in a bubble.

Free from nasty germs like, questioning from the media and questioning from the stakeholders .

He got everything he wanted at the WCE and Pies on a silver platter and he's now spoilt.

No more working class stuff for Mick, got to be first class all the way otherwise its someone else's fault WHEN it doesn't work.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #84
Micks last two coaching gigs were in a bubble.

Free from nasty germs like, questioning from the media and questioning from the stakeholders .

He got everything he wanted at the WCE and Pies on a silver platter and he's now spoilt.

No more working class stuff for Mick, got to be first class all the way otherwise its someone else's fault WHEN it doesn't work.

Yet another grand statement based on little facts and no evidence.

But BS statement aside...
If we give him everything he needs, do you agree he has what is required to get the job done?

Reply #85

Let's leave my plums out of this. And just so you don't worry, they're in excellent condition - no numbness at all.  :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #86
Translation: I like the stats he posts which agree with my side of the argument. The ones that contradict it are spin and no good.

Strangely enough your stats never do agree with my side of the argument. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #87
If we give him everything he needs, do you agree he has what is required to get the job done?

The cyclical nature of the competition will see us improve over the years anyway.
If we (perish the thought) did drop to the bottom we'd probably be back playing finals in four or five years.
If we maintain this middle of the road, topping up, approach we'll probably stay thereabouts with the chance that a Patton or Boyd may make a significant difference.

So it becomes a question of
"How long?"
...and the answer isn't "as long as it takes" .......because he won't get that long

Does he have what it takes?....no-one knows.
They can guess.
But as a Carlton coach he remains unproven.
...and the problems of being a Carlton coach is something that is probably unlike anything he has had to deal with in the past.

I'll ask this one Kruddler.
Do you think we've improved?
Not from the Ratten years.......... but from last year.

Reply #88

The cyclical nature of the competition will see us improve over the years anyway.
If we (perish the thought) did drop to the bottom we'd probably be back playing finals in four or five years.
If we maintain this middle of the road, topping up, approach we'll probably stay thereabouts with the chance that a Patton or Boyd may make a significant difference.

So it becomes a question of
"How long?"
...and the answer isn't "as long as it takes" .......because he won't get that long

Does he have what it takes?....no-one knows.
They can guess.
But as a Carlton coach he remains unproven.
...and the problems of being a Carlton coach is something that is probably unlike anything he has had to deal with in the past.

I'll ask this one Kruddler.
Do you think we've improved?
Not from the Ratten years.......... but from last year.

Very true!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #89

So which one is it then Baggers? If MM succeeds it as the injuries, if he doesn't it was the players?

Quote from: Baggers
Considering what we were up against - 6 day turnaround; interstate; rub of the green; missing key talls; Juddy obviously under an injury cloud... bloody brilliant effort.

The culture; the courage; the character of this club is beyond any question. 10/10.

The fact that we only lost by 3 pts is testament to the character of this group, this club and the strong steps of our coaching group.

And getting this close after losing Thornton and Jamison on one leg... and not having Kruezer, Waite and Gibbs! Please... that's like the Weagles having gone in without Kennedy, Cox and Kerr! And then losing Darling before half time.

Was really looking forward to your response to this Baggers. You say our team is awful but you were full of praise after this game.

Baggers has been shown up numerous times and he still uses the arguments that were proven wrong. Goes to ground for a few days when shown up, avoids the question and back slaps some poster for there "balanced view" which of course supports MM even though the same view against Ratts was shown to be wrong.

There's some good debate going on but it's easy to pick and choose who has more than blind faith in the messiah who has taken the club backwards in 18 months.

Clear hypocrisy is that Malthouse is now hampered with injuries? No response to how come it was not good for Ratten?

I don't expect so...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset