Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19: Carlton vs Freo: Post Match Pain Again (Read 37542 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 19: Carlton vs Freo: Post Match Pain Again

Reply #105
I can see why Mick was slow to bring McLean on because as soon as he did the tide turned. Like someone has already posted Curnow, Carrazzo, Ellard and McLean can't play in the same side.

Johnson should've been left on and Ellard off ::) ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #106
Malthouse coached out of his arse last night, he got the absolute maximum output and more out of those players. He cannot be blamed for the loss on a tactical basis, it was purely down to a lack of skill execution and decision-making at crucial times that cost us.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #107
Last nights game was classic Carlton since the Judd/Ratten/MM era

We have lost so many games by less than 3 goals over the years where we have had so many honorable losses.

That is, it seems to me now that close enough is good enough for Carlton - to me its unacceptable. We are still heading to the bottom of the ladder

This loss is just a reflection that the list has no good finishing players (goal kicks) and too many holes in defence as a start.

That said Judd is an absolute superstar, Gibbs now goes in hard and Murphy standing up for himself - all good signs, but still we are a long way off.

When the heat was on in the last I sense an inevitability now with this list that they cave in under pressure - skill errors, lack of composure and poise under pressure.

PS Would someone please do the analysis of games lost less than 18 points between 2008 to 2014?

PSS Do not point the finger at Wood - not his fault. I was concerned that no one encouraged him after the mistake and let him burn on the field....what was Jamison doing?

We've pulled a heap out of our arse too from  mile behind in that time. You learn when we are 5 goals in front we are never safe, but never out of it at 5 goals behind.

Let you check it.

http://afltables.com/afl/afl_index.html

Reply #108
Malthouse coached out of his arse last night, he got the absolute maximum output and more out of those players. He cannot be blamed for the loss on a tactical basis, it was purely down to a lack of skill execution and decision-making at crucial times that cost us.

And you would be spot on!

Reply #109
I can see why Mick was slow to bring McLean on because as soon as he did the tide turned. Like someone has already posted Curnow, Carrazzo, Ellard and McLean can't play in the same side.

In fact I'd prefer if Carrazzo, Ellard, nor McLean played in any CFC side from now on. Curnow's OK - does a good job in a negating tagger/run with  role, but will not actually win games for us. Just helps to stop the opposition from winning.

Happy fo Carrazzo to be played, providing he's properly fit. He's a class act. Think we can move beyond the other two though

Reply #110
Carrazzo was enormous all game in stoppage situations, until some of the lesser lights can attack the ball like he does it's a no brainer IMO, he plays and probably continues next season.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #111

In fact I'd prefer if Carrazzo, Ellard, nor McLean played in any CFC side from now on. Curnow's OK - does a good job in a negating tagger/run with  role, but will not actually win games for us. Just helps to stop the opposition from winning.

Happy fo Carrazzo to be played, providing he's properly fit. He's a class act. Think we can move beyond the other two though

Jim, sorry to keep piggy backing your posts, but I agree. Not sure why some are saying the jig is up for Carrots. Still very valuable for us IMO.

Reply #112

Me  ;D
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #113

Jim, when Carrots is on he looks classy for sure. But he's not always on and in recent years he's been lucky to play half the games for us. I just think it's time to find a younger fitter replacement that is all.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #114
The top teams find a way. We have thrown everything at Geelong, Hawthorn now Freo. We have shut down many of their ball winners, tactically outpointed them, and spent large chunks of the games dominating them. But culturally the good teams are strong. They find a way, a culture of success and belief allows them too. It's where we need to get to.
Eat more chooks

Reply #115
If we don't re-sign Waite we've got a death wish.
Henderson goes OK but can't take a pack mark to save his life, Casboult can take a mark most days but can't do much else, Rowe and White can pinch hit forward against weak sides, Watson is a dud.
Waite is our only classy tall, he had Freo spooked last night.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #116
If we don't re-sign Waite we've got a death wish.
Henderson goes OK but can't take a pack mark to save his life, Casboult can take a mark most days but can't do much else, Rowe and White can pinch hit forward against weak sides, Watson is a dud.
Waite is our only classy tall, he had Freo spooked last night.

We need to recruit two young key forwards and groom them to peak when Cripps, Graham, Holman etc do.....Waite is too inconsistent and does too many brain dead antics to be re-signed IMO......we should not be in panic to sign him to any long term deals.
I dont think he will stay for a one year deal and thats all I would offer him....we need to be brave like Geelong and move some senior players on.

Reply #117
@ellwood....agree ..

Reply #118
Another game we should have won and choked at the last moment. I expected us to lose by at least 5 goals, so the end result was far better than I expected. Not sure what I think about Warnock and Wood. Kreuzer has really cost us missing so much football time. Should not have let Jacobs walk so easy.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #119
Should not have let Jacobs walk so easy.

In the field of Kreuzer, Warnock, Hampson and Jacobs. We trade Jacobs! :o

Only let off, K-mans injuries unforseen otherwise....

FMD we've been Adelaide's bitch over the journey.

Nelson for Gallagher
Massie for Eccles
Jacobs for picks (McCarthy and McInnes) spuds!!
Eddie for SFA as it turns out.
IN WADA WE TRUST