Skip to main content
Topic: R23 Hawthorn v Carlton: Pregame Chatter (Read 32564 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R23 Hawthorn v Carlton: Pregame Chatter

Reply #75
Reckon the Hawks will make a late change or two and rest a couple more.

I'm off to Fiji tomorrow, intending to blissfully ignore this game.

But if I was coaching I would line up 4 players to punch Gibson in the guts... one every quarter.

Reply #76
Ellard retiring. Fair enough giving him a sending off I have no issues with that now.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #77

But if I was coaching I would line up 4 players to punch Gibson in the guts... one every quarter.

Actually, for the sake of a $1000 fine line up all 22 to do it...lol.

Reply #78

I can understand that. One of the weakest efforts from the Match Review Idiots was not suspending him. Very poor indeed. I would like to see him pay for his folly.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #79
9 disposals and a goal (better than 7 other players) in 1 1/2 quarters. Yep must have been terrible in a side getting beaten by 81 points.

I can honestly say that having watched the game, he looked out of his depth and we played against a team that was no where near as good as Hawthorn.

Remember all the crap Malthouse copped for parking Whiley on Pendlebury (rightly or wrongly)?

Now we want to repeat that effort with Walsh, but its all of a sudden a good education....

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #80
Quote from: Thryleon
I can honestly say that having watched the game, he looked out of his depth and we played against a team that was no where near as good as Hawthorn.

Remember all the crap Malthouse copped for parking Whiley on Pendlebury (rightly or wrongly)?

Now we want to repeat that effort with Walsh, but its all of a sudden a good education....

There you go again Thry. Let it go mate.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #81
lol at let it go. You've been sooking about Ratten for 3 years.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #85
There you go again Thry. Let it go mate.

I literally want to find out whether or not people think its the right or wrong thing to do.

Again, I am only interested in the betterment of our footy club.

If Walsh will benefit immensely by being smashed by Hawthorn this weekend, then Im all for it.
If his confidence will be shot, and the rest of the arguments trotted out against Whiley are repeated, then I am completely against it.

Based on last weekend (which I saw) and of Walsh's current AFL level performances, of my two outcomes, the latter looks more likely (to me) and that has more to do with the way Hawthorn are performing and the way we are competing that is making that decision for me.

We are not likely to win.
We are likely to lose, and we are likely to lose heavily.  Will Walsh benefit??
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #86

Bit different...Mick was coaching for wins and greater glory..mainly his own...
JB is coaching for development.....if Walsh follows a gun like Mitchell around all day he will learn more than playing on some
kid from the burbs in the Nb's

Reply #87
Waston's first two games were against a prime Travis Cloke and he never recovered.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #88
Whiley should have been getting games, no problem from me there. 10 games will have gone to Ellard this year, 8 of which we lost and his impact minimal in all of them.

10 games into a kid is 20% of their initial development.

Reply #89
Waston's first two games were against a prime Travis Cloke and he never recovered.

Depends on the players mental abilities to want to be an AFL footballer.....Walsh wants it more than Watto IMO....reckon he can handle it.
SOS had ten kicked on him by Plugger.....probably learned plenty that day....