Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations (Read 45421 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations

Reply #150
I'd be surprised if Rowe misses out.  White is in an between defender rather than a tall defender and a Sydney tall would have a picnic if they only had White to contend with.  Rowe had a pretty good NAB game against Sydney and he's been our most effective spoiler since Jamison's shoulder problems.

White and Buckley seem most likely to miss out but it's hard to predict what the new MC will do.

White is actually named in the 18 on field so I'd be very surprised if he is left out, whereas Rowe is named as one of the 7 potential interchanges. That was my reason to think Sam may get left out.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #151
White is actually named in the 18 on field so I'd be very surprised if he is left out, whereas Rowe is named as one of the 7 potential interchanges. That was my reason to think Sam may get left out.

Good point Cookie.  That indicates White will be in the 22 but I suspect Rowe will be too.  We'd have a seriously undermanned defence against one of the most potent forward lines in the business.

Daisy is definitely playing if Bolton's comments today are any guide (and he's named in the 18) so I suspect Buckley or Lamb will go out.

We'll be put out of our misery before long  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #152
Is that actually a rule whereby if a player is named on the ground in an extended line up he cannot be an emergency?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #153
Is that actually a rule whereby if a player is named on the ground in an extended line up he cannot be an emergency?

It's more of a convention than a rule.  All of the extended interchange bench could end up in the 22.  In practice, the players who miss out generally come from those named on the bench.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #154
Final teams

Rowe and Buckley out!

Thomas and C.Curnow in!

Big call on Rowe getting dropped!

Reply #155
Final teams

Rowe and Buckley out!

Thomas and C.Curnoe in!

Thanks G. Looking forward to seeing Charlie!

Reply #156
Indeed - leaves Jamison and Weitering to cover Buddy and Tippy. Unless Everitt is going to be moved back?

Reply #157
Tippet has been playing ruck. Surprised they dropped Rowe ahead of Jamo.

Reply #158
Buddy and Sinclair is still a tall order. Rowe's height would have been handy.
Of equal concern are their small forwards -  too much leg speed for Tuohy, White and Docherty to cover. Would have thought Buckley would be a good match up for one of their younger forwards.

Reply #159
Oh well, in BB we trust! Never been a fan of Rowe TBH but would have had him in over White for sure.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #160
Was Rowe that bad last week? I thought he did ok!

Sort of makes me think that we are going to pull a late change. And Murphy didn't train today.

PI2C's early morning post still has me spooked.

Reply #161
Final teams

Rowe and Buckley out!

Thomas and C.Curnow in!

Interesting!  A tall defender and a small forward out and a midfielder/flanker and a tallish forward in.  I hope we can lock the ball in our forward 50 for a significant part of the game  ::)

The 18 named on the field convention worked again  ;)

Reply #162
Indeed - leaves Jamison and Weitering to cover Buddy and Tippy. Unless Everitt is going to be moved back?

If Everitt gets moved back it will be a massacre....got no idea down back.

Bit thin down back without Rowe IMO, putting a lot of pressure on Weitering to take Buddy for a whole game......but we do like to murder our newbies...
In the old days the ruckman would drop back to help his defenders out but those days seem over...

Reply #163
Was Rowe that bad last week? I thought he did ok!

Sort of makes me think that we are going to pull a late change. And Murphy didn't train today.

PI2C's early morning post still has me spooked.

Isn't training tomorrow?

I thought Rowe was OK last week, perhaps it's a balance/structure decision but Sydney's tall forwards will really test our backs.

Reply #164
The plan looks like we try to keep the ball away from Buddy. Lock it in our F50.