Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations (Read 45424 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations

Reply #165
I've got a feeling two out of the three emergencies will play.

Reply #166
DJC, From the H-Sun "Panic Room":

TRACK WATCH

At Essendon, coach John Worsfold says to not read anything into the fact Brendon Goddard, Adam Cooney and Kyle Langford missed training this morning, saying it is part of their usual pre-game routine.

Carlton says the same about Marc Murphy, who was nowhere to be seen during the first 15 minutes the media were given access to Blues training at Ikon Park this morning, reports the AFL website.

Also an open training session tomorrow.

Reply #167
I've got a feeling two out of the three emergencies will play.

I'll be at the game tomorrow so will keep an eye out for who 'hasn't' fronted up.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #168
I thought Rowe was OK last week, perhaps it's a balance/structure decision but Sydney's tall forwards will really test our backs.

It is so much about appropriate match ups these days.

Reply #169
Could the heat is being turned up , leaving Rowe out might a message , no one is guaranteed a game, think he was stiff to miss personally. More worried re Jamo , seems really out of sorts. We will feel it if Buddy & Tippert get some early grabs on the forward line. The heat is on...

Reply #170
Was Rowe that bad last week? I thought he did ok!

Sort of makes me think that we are going to pull a late change. And Murphy didn't train today.

PI2C's early morning post still has me spooked.

Murphy never trains the last session before the game.

Reply #171
It is so much about appropriate match ups these days.

I'm all in favour of appropriate match ups, but Rowe was more effective than Jamison both against the Swans in the NAB game and against Richmond last week.  Weitering is going to have a torrid time, but perhaps that's what the MC is after  ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #172
Jamo's the luckiest bloke at the Club, should've been one of the first dropped after last week, cannot believe Rowe got the chop ahead of him. Mind boggling selection decision....not that it matters, as Buddy is gonna tear us a new one no matter what.

Rapt to see Charlie Curnow selected, really looking forward to seeing him play in the big time.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #173
Great to see Curnow to debut, but I suspect those selection changes are the coaches putting the queue in the rack for this week.

A focus on exposing players, not winning the game.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #174
Jamo's the luckiest bloke at the Club, should've been one of the first dropped after last week, cannot believe Rowe got the chop ahead of him. Mind boggling selection decision....not that it matters, as Buddy is gonna tear us a new one no matter what.

Rapt to see Charlie Curnow selected, really looking forward to seeing him play in the big time.

Jamo was pretty ordinary without doubt but Rowe also struggled, especially in trying to take marks. He was spoiling when he should have marked on a couple of crucial plays and he fumbled at other times. Maybe the selectors were nervous especially with Buddy lurking?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #175
Jamo was pretty ordinary without doubt but Rowe also struggled, especially in trying to take marks. He was spoiling when he should have marked on a couple of crucial plays and he fumbled at other times. Maybe the selectors were nervous especially with Buddy lurking?

Not sure what Byrne has done wrong, must have sh1t in Bolts bed!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #176
Not sure what Byrne has done wrong, must have sh1t in Bolts bed!

I disagree, I suspect the message is great work - now back it up. Do that consistently and you get a game. If that's the case, I don't mind it.

Easier opponents to give him a run against. This week we will find out plenty about some players.

Reply #177
I'm all in favour of appropriate match ups, but Rowe was more effective than Jamison both against the Swans in the NAB game and against Richmond last week.  Weitering is going to have a torrid time, but perhaps that's what the MC is after  ???

I'm with DJC.

All the best to young Charlie on debut. I hope he gets a to show a few tricks.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #178
I think there are young players you can throw to the wolves and there are some you cant. Weitering is one I think you can, BB thinks Charlie may be one you can but we will find out tomorrow. Byrne is probably one BB thinks you cant just yet. And by this I mean young fellas can get demoralised when they can smashed around like a Buddy type. Weitering will relish the opportunity should it arise. What he may do poorly, he will go away, analyse it, rectify it and ensure it doesn't happen next time. His maturity and composure for an 18 yo is astounding, its very business like and clinical.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #179
I think there are young players you can throw to the wolves and there are some you cant. Weitering is one I think you can, BB thinks Charlie may be one you can but we will find out tomorrow. Byrne is probably one BB thinks you cant just yet. And by this I mean young fellas can get demoralised when they can smashed around like a Buddy type. Weitering will relish the opportunity should it arise. What he may do poorly, he will go away, analyse it, rectify it and ensure it doesn't happen next time. His maturity and composure for an 18 yo is astounding, its very business like and clinical.

You could well have hit the nail here GTC. This game could very well be a vital lesson in Weitering's education. Learn from one of the best in the business - an opportunity to be seized.
Reality always wins in the end.