Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: Pre game Prophecies: Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 38661 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 12: Pre game Prophecies: Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #121
What do we call Steve Silvagni ?
SOS
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #122
Good to see the club following the path if they're good enough to play then age should not matter - whether it be 17 or 37!

Albeit it's on the extended bench.

Reply #123
Good to see the club following the path if they're good enough to play then age should not matter - whether it be 17 or 37!

Albeit it's on the extended bench.
Its nothing new, its been the case since the dawn of time. If they are ready physically and form warrants it (ie they have earned a spot), they play. There is also the other dilemma that the player playing well in the 2's needs to push someone out when the team is playing well and there are no injuries.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #124
DOJ

I did think of that one, but DOJ is a bit close to dodgy, and given Steve's involvement in the "brown paper bag" saga, I thought I might just leave it alone.

Reply #125
I wouldn't play him (SOJ) ahead of Walker or Everitt at this point.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #126
B: Kade Simpson, Jacob Weitering, Zach Tuohy.
HB: Lachie Plowman, Sam Rowe, Dale Thomas.
C: Sam Docherty, Patrick Cripps, Ed Curnow.
HF: Sam Kerridge, Levi Casboult, Andrew Walker.
F: Matthew Wright, Andrejs Everitt, Liam Sumner.
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Jed Lamb, Bryce Gibbs.
Int: Dennis Armfield, Ciaran Byrne, Daniel Gorringe, Nick Graham, Andrew Phillips, Jack Silvagni, Simon White.

Of that extended squad, I'd have Armfield, Byrne, Gorringe and White in the starting 22.

Emergencies then would be Graham, Phillips and Silvagni.

Reply #127
I'm making the trip to Melbourne this round to see the boys play and would love to be there to see Jack Silvagni take the field for the first time. But surely the match committee will hold off his first appearance until a carlton home game so more fans have the chance to welcome him to the big time? 2 July vs Collingwood would be a perfect round for it. Huge crowd against traditional rivals (and a welcome distraction from the election).

Also, I vote for naming him J-SOS. It has a certain ring to it  ;)

Reply #128
I wouldn't play him (SOJ) ahead of Walker or Everitt at this point.
Certainly agree Flyboy , they deserve there spot, though keen to see SOSOS or DOJ or jack or what we will call him come though and have an impact. If he itsnt physically ready and mature to handle it lets keep him on ice till he is. If the more learned people say he is lets get it happening then and see how he foes. I mean he couldn't me less physically ready than Simo was when he started?

Reply #129
It'll be interesting to see whether Jack plays for sure but I've got a suspicion that he's named as an emergency possibly to keep fan interest bubbling? Could be wrong big time - we'll know later today.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #130
It'll be interesting to see whether Jack plays for sure but I've got a suspicion that he's named as an emergency possibly to keep fan interest bubbling? Could be wrong big time - we'll know later today.
I thought the same thing when they named Cas and Kruze a few weeks ago then lo and behold, they played. I reckon he may be a real chance, not just games to keep the faithful interested.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #131
Just watched BBs media conference - just love the way he remains focussed and won't be drawn or distracted. He's polite but seems definitely disinterested in being a 'media darling' or 'star'... remains 100% coach.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #132
I think in the longrun, the best thing that could ve happened to us is that we didn't absolutely hammer the Lions like it looked like we were going to do at one stage.
It gave BB plenty of things for us to work on improving, and left the players and coaches a bit unsatisfied with our performance, which helps the focus going into this week.

Reply #133
I think in the longrun, the best thing that could ve happened to us is that we didn't absolutely hammer the Lions like it looked like we were going to do at one stage.
It gave BB plenty of things for us to work on improving, and left the players and coaches a bit unsatisfied with our performance, which helps the focus going into this week.

I have a feeling that, even if we were to win by 20 goals, Bolton would find plenty of things to work on   :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #134
In Sumner
Out Graham
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-06-10/blues-make-one-change
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th