Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 2 Pre Game Panic Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 42909 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 2 Pre Game Panic Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #180
Yeah, Mackay was the only 1 that really put his hand up for me, and I'm not really upset that they have kept him out.

For the 22 picked, again, there will be no excuses. There has to be a much better effort and performance this week.

@DJC, all the best to you and your boys this week!!

Yeah. Harry was the only one that made any sort of a statement last week, and that was only in a practice match.

But as you say Amers, there will need to be some improvements  this week.

David Parkins theory is a good one though. History has proved that over the years.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #181
How does Daisy do it?

Is it a miracle?

Love to hear your thoughts! ::)

Brains, workrate, leadership.

You don't have to be a good player just contribute and help your teamates learn.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #182
I have no doubt many blokes are on 'last warnings'!

But all in all, it's about hunger and effort - that's not a function of age or experience - but attitude.

That's where CFC has been soft for a long, long time now.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #183
Still staying up late on Christmas eve hoping for a glimpse of Father Christmas Thry?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #184
@DJC, all the best to you and your boys this week!!

Cheers!

The boys and their dad are featured in the Torquay paper this week, promoting the start of Auskick.  My son in law is the co-ordination.

I'm looking forward to watching them but I will also be very interested to see how our form and effort compares to the JLT game.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #185
Scanning through the stats, I noticed Charlie Curnow is now listed as 194cm.  Wasn't he 191cm last year?

Reply #186

But all in all, it's about hunger and effort - that's not a function of age or experience - but attitude.

It's interesting that we saw no changes this week and I was just thinking that maybe the MC are not giving players what could be seen as an easy out by dropping them. Players dropped after one game could argue that they just had an off game and look forward to re-selection after a couple of good and redeeming performances in the NBs.

However, if they get two or three chances to perform well in the seniors but still fail, then they would have to work much harder in the NBs to convince the the club that they are worth hanging on to. In other words, this could be a way of really sorting the sheep from the goats?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #187
It's interesting that we saw no changes this week and I was just thinking that maybe the MC are not giving players what could be seen as an easy out by dropping them. Players dropped after one game could argue that they just had an off game and look forward to re-selection after a couple of good and redeeming performances in the NBs.

However, if they get two or three chances to perform well in the seniors but still fail, then they would have to work much harder in the NBs to convince the the club that they are worth hanging on to. In other words, this could be a way of really sorting the sheep from the goats?

Good point

Reply #188
Brains, workrate, leadership.

You don't have to be a good player just contribute and help your teamates learn.

I see, there is no "I" in team! ;)

The media a forking morons, how Bolton doesn't end up delivering some MM style replies is beyond me. Every press conference is the same, Dale Thomas form, Bryce Gibbs trade, Jacob Weitering forward, Matthew Kreuzer work rate, how good are the Dawks don't you wish you were still there, rinse and repeat.

I'd would be nice to hear something different for a change, but they are mostly moronic repetitive questions that get the same answer.

Right at the end, Bolts ignores the questions and gives them some real insight. It could have happened 10mins earlier if they had half a brain between them!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #190
Though there is in side, and m,e in team  ;D

Where does team start and end, at me! ::)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #191
Scanning through the stats, I noticed Charlie Curnow is now listed as 194cm.  Wasn't he 191cm last year?

Yes Mav, he's shot up over the last 12 months and, with a little more muscle, could be a genuine key forward.  He spent quite bit of time at full forward against the Tigers but didn't do a great deal.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #192
The fact he was still growing last year may have prevented Charlie from getting stuck into the weights.  I'm not sure, but I thought I read somewhere that care has to be taken in that circumstance.

Edit:  a quick google search suggests that may be a myth.

Reply #193
Charlie's only played a handful of games and shows some real flair so there's reason to be confident that he'll measure up, but only time will tell.
If he doesn't he won't be the only dud first round pick we've made in the last ten years, but I like what I've seen so far.
As for Daisy, he was a long way from our worst player last week so I'm buggered if I know why anyone wanted him dropped.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #194

That's my impression too.

I also don't see the issue giving players more than 1 game (and the big opener to boot) to settle and show their wares.

If they pick up from where they left off last week (a fair 2nd half), and learn from the scratchy 1st half, they'll maximize their 2nd opportunities. Only then would I be dropping players.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.