Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 17: pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 21365 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 17: pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #45
Doc has started in the middle at centre bounces plenty this year.

As I wrote earlier, Docherty should be part of the midfield rotations now.  He needs to add a little polish, like nailing that shot at goal, but that will come given the opportunity, and we need more midfield grunt. 

There's more than enough talent in our defensive pool to cover Docherty's absence.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #47
I'll be amazed if Byrne doesn't get selected, he's a better player than White anyway.
The other one is a bit tricky, Graham is the obvious choice but it wouldn't surprise me if they go with Smedts, I don't think there will be any changes but the forced ones.
If Cripps was playing I'd be confident but with both him and Ed Curnow missing we might struggle to match Footscray's intensity around the ball.
A bit less than a 50% chance I reckon.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #48
I'll be amazed if Byrne doesn't get selected, he's a better player than White anyway.

Great when he gets near the ball, and I agree looked the most likely for AFL of all our NBs crew despite Boekhorst getting 30+ touches.

However, the when he gets near the ball part is a clincher at the moment. He's way out of touch and way out of fitness. I doubt he'd come in and have any more impact than Sheehan is at the moment and most supporters potted Sheehan after the last game. (BTW., I don't think that is Sheehan's fault, we used him poorly giving him the wrong opponent and the wrong position!)

Also, I hear Byrne has a severe case of bruising on the very same knee he has just recovered from injuring. So I suspect with only a few games to go in 2017 we will be very, very conservative with Ciaran Byrne!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #49
He's played fewer games than SPS, Silvagni and Curnow, he needs to play.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #50
The guy is a million miles from being ready for the top level.....let alone the corky or whatever he appears to have....

nurse him through to 2018.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #51
Ed and Crippa as we know, will be hard to cover given our midfield shallowness (although opposite to depth - doesn't sound quite right ::)).

I'm hoping Kerridge keeps his spot. IMO his skills have improved this year (work rate remains first class). He can consolidate this if given some consecutive games. The optimist in me thinks he's got more improvement to come.

Really have no idea who will cover Crippa. Well I do but don't think they let you have 23 on the pitch ;D

Go new Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #52
Ed and Crippa as we know, will be hard to cover given our midfield shallowness (although opposite to depth - doesn't sound quite right ::)).

I'm hoping Kerridge keeps his spot. IMO his skills have improved this year (work rate remains first class). He can consolidate this if given some consecutive games. The optimist in me thinks he's got more improvement to come.

Really have no idea who will cover Crippa. Well I do but don't think they let you have 23 on the pitch ;D

Go new Blues
The only young fella that comes close in terms of size (sort of) and composure around the footy is Willo. Is he still injured? If he is ready, give him a crack in the guts. What is there to lose? I'd back him in.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #53
Are we still bashing on about Mick... FMD
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #54
Are we still bashing on about Mick... FMD

With every game Jones is making Mick look like more and more of a genius.  ;)
Mick also drafted in Cripps, traded out Hampson and traded in Docherty for pick 30 or something.
But Daisy, I hear them say.....................

Reply #55
The only young fella that comes close in terms of size (sort of) and composure around the footy is Willo. Is he still injured? If he is ready, give him a crack in the guts. What is there to lose? I'd back him in.

Williamson is out for another 1 or 2 weeks.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #56
With every game Jones is making Mick look like more and more of a genius.  ;)

Mick recruited Jones as a forward, tried him for 1/2 of a season in 2015 and gave him the kibosh!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58
Mick recruited Jones as a forward, tried him for 1/2 of a season in 2015 and gave him the kibosh!

Mick said he was a beast, but no one believed him and called him a spud, me included I might add.
He's part of Mick's legacy for better or worse, at this stage it's looking like better.

Reply #59
He was brought to the club, and we all complained loud and long about him. The club didn't know where he fitted in, whether to keep or delist him etc. Then finally he showed some decent vfl form down back, and now he's playing senior footy.

A bit like the old Irish joke about them inventing the toilet seat, and the English putting a hole in it.