Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 World Cup. (Read 75152 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 World Cup.

Reply #135
If people thought Fabio Grosso's dive of 2006 was bad...... :))
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #136
If ever there was a reason to introduce some sort of video review system, or at least have a very good look at the whole penalty system, there you have it.

Very harsh result considering there was no infringement.

Mate watch the replay from every angle he was CLEARLY clipped from behind. I'll happily give you my phone number and bet you any amount you want right now, I'll even put the house on it. Next time watch and don't listen to the English commentator. ;)

BTW how those Italians going? :P

@MBB

Even if he wasn't fouled (which he clearly was), it wasn't a dive.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #138
Like I said, watch it from EVERY angle. The footage on SBS after the game showed an angle from behind where he clearly takes his left leg from behind putting him off balance and making him stub his toe. That footage is blurred, from inconclusive angles and all but one starts from after the foul. On the way home I was listening to SEN and Radar Maher said in response to tweets they have seen from all angles and there was CLEARLY contact from behind.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #139
The gif shows he stubbed his toe in the ground all by himself and then he flopped. He has history too. ;)
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #140
Not only that but to have two players injured in the first 15 minutes and have one sub left for the game in that heat was an enormous performance. We also hit the bar three times as well as having a host of other chances. Bring on Costa Rica!!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #141
The gif shows he stubbed his toe in the ground all by himself and then he flopped. He has history too. ;)

It's a gif. Says it all. Like I said, watch it from all angles on SBS tonight and I will be amazed if you still think the same thing. Just reading a few articles I see they use the terms 'Samaras upended'  and 'brought down Samaras' etc. No talk of the penalty not being there.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #142
100% penalty.  better team all day and it's a just result.

The ivorian player fails to play the ball and gets the man.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #143
100% penalty.  better team all day and it's a just result.

The ivorian player fails to play the ball and gets the man.

Not to mention he tackles from behind. Stonewall penalty.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #146
Suarez might get banned for 2 years by FIFA!!
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #148
LMAO can't believe Italy is out in the group stage.....won't be long, maybe another 4 hours and Greece will be too. :(

Perhaps not  Carrots.  lol

FKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OH THE DRAMA!! Did I say how much I love the World Cup? :))

A Chris rang SEN just after game.  It wasn't you was it?  LOL

Reply #149
Yep.  Clear penalty.   If it was Australia though,.......play on