Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 3 Carlton vs Essendon (Read 72675 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 3 Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #195
Curnow is a really interesting case, because he looks fit and based on his game style you would think fitness should equate to form. Has he been worked out by the opposition?

For me Ed Curnow is just a version of Marc Murphy with the skills, agility, pace, decision making and knowledge removed!

If Curnow isn't gut running opponents into the ground he has little to offer, it's up to the MC to give him a role that delivers the opportunity!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #196
If we are competitive for 2 quarters it will be an improvement on the efforts to date this season.

Thank goodness we have a friends wedding so I'm no chance of seeing this game in SA.

Reply #197
Interesting changes; something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue!

It seems that winning is still an important consideration, and so it should be!

That's Armfield, Cripps, Byrne and Walker by the way.

Outs are Menzel, White, Tutt and Smith.  Jones keeps his spot  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #198
In: Andrew Walker,
  Ciaran Byrne,
  Patrick Cripps,
  Dennis Armfield

Out:Clem Smith (Omitted),
  Jason Tutt (Omitted),
  Simon White (Knee),
  Troy Menzel (Calf)

Don't know how Ellard gets a game ahead of Whiley, Buckley and a couple of others.

But this looks a better side.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #199
I reckon we give Henderson a bit longer and then send him back to defence.

1) He's a very good one on one CHB
2) He is very creative, makes good decisions and is a better than average user of the pill.

He might set up more goals than he would kick as a forward.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #200
My mum's house is up for auction at 1pm so I will miss a good part of this game....which is probably a good thing.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #201
Big game for Byrne to come in on - best of luck son.

I wouldn't shed any tears if Carazzo accidently buried a juicer up to his neck in the middle of the MCG...  payback is a biatch.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #202
Like the Ins, will probably be watching on tv (Ch7, delayed).
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #203
Don't know how Ellard gets a game ahead of Whiley, Buckley and a couple of others.

Ellard did a pretty good job on Hurn but you're right, other blokes offer more and he's not the future.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #205
  Ciaran Byrne,
  Patrick Cripps,
  Dennis Armfield

Jason Tutt (Omitted),
  Simon White (Knee),
  Troy Menzel (Calf)

Amazing that he's still on the list, let alone getting a game.

Buckley was apparently quite average but I'd still give him a run. Must be an upgrade on Ellard.

Too many of our good and promising players have gone backwards this year. Watson and Graham looked like they may turn out okay but they're nowhere ATM.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #206
Ellard gives something that some others do not.

100% very time he runs out.

He wasn't our worst last week. Only a back-up player  though.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #207
My mum's house is up for auction at 1pm so I will miss a good part of this game....which is probably a good thing.

Better than getting your wisdom teeth out. :(

Are you doing the house?

Reply #208
  Ciaran Byrne,
  Patrick Cripps,
  Dennis Armfield

Jason Tutt (Omitted),
  Simon White (Knee),
  Troy Menzel (Calf)

Agree...better team but I would have the bigger bodied Whiley in vs the Essendon...
Ellard might have done a job on Hurn but he has to kick goals if he plays as a small forward......probably a reflection on our lack of small forwards....Tutt unlucky to miss
even though he wasnt much use vs WC but he deserved a second chance...

Good luck to young Byrne who has some style but I think Whiley would have been the better pick....
I wouldnt mind seeing some more of Blaine Johnson in the small forward role and hope he gets promoted.....

Reply #209
Better than getting your wisdom teeth out. :(

Are you doing the house?

Nah 'apparently' it's not good practice to do my mum's so I will be there with her for support. Would rather be hustling a few extra bids up myself! :))

But yes, you are stiff with the wisdoms, mine came out easily, that's what you need to hope for. We both will still probably have it better that those watching the game however. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!