Skip to main content
Topic: Smith's Crew in SA (Read 82510 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Smith's Crew in SA

Reply #360
Hazelwood 0-86.

poor

Given us nothing all series, economical but not threatening which I find strange given Rabada has got so much movement in the air and off the wicket.
Probably the menacing bounce of Aus wickets isnt there in SA and I think he misses that, Markram in particular has played him well, impressive player that bloke, cool head and
for a newbie seems to have soaked up the pressure....having AB in the middle order also gives them some solidarity. I thought their batting was their weak point but they have seen off our attack and even their tail has spanked our bowlers....

Reply #361
Could be over by stumps, CA is a house of cards!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #362
At the moment all the selections dilemmas (and nightmares) have come to pass. Neither of the Marsh brothers has done much to solidify their futures. Both have been ordinary (although Mitch did have his moments in the 1st test). Khawaja was decent this time, but he has had only 2 decent innings. Our 3 inclusions all failed. Up until now the opening partnership was our best, but this time ...

Our bowlers have not done what we would hope. Cummins has got wickets consistently, but Hazelwood has struggled and Starc hasn't really been fit. Lyon started well enough, but that was that.

I am disappointed. There were 2 ways for a our players to react, and we done the worse of them. We are a rabble now and will be until we can regroup and get our act together.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #363
And meanwhile, sponsors disappear.  Sutherland looks to be on shaky ground and this saga seems (at least on the surface) to be approaching the Packer - Establishment 70s fight in terms of impact on the game. 

What is guaranteed is that new caps will be handed out to those maybe not deserving of the reward.

Very fragile at the minute

Reply #364
It's no different to football, there is no rule that states nepotism builds a better team, but there is a rule that says nepotism keeps the money in the family.

That is what it is about, money not professionalism.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #365
Given us nothing all series, economical but not threatening which I find strange given Rabada has got so much movement in the air and off the wicket.
Probably the menacing bounce of Aus wickets isnt there in SA and I think he misses that, Markram in particular has played him well, impressive player that bloke, cool head and
for a newbie seems to have soaked up the pressure....having AB in the middle order also gives them some solidarity. I thought their batting was their weak point but they have seen off our attack and even their tail has spanked our bowlers....

Cummins has been outstanding but the others, outside of Starc's First Test, has been really crap.

Reply #366
Hazelwood is not a swing or cutter bowler, he isn't suited to the conditions SA is providing, there isn't much for seamers and if it does move it's fairly benign and predictable.

Really this series should have been a nil all draw, our batting and the Saffies batting has been rubbish in conditions that at times have been almost idyllic, at least equal to as good as you are likely to get them over there!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #367
Time Paine might not have made big runs but has shown more than a little G and D thus tour.   Lot of red inks,  solid keeping.   Leading by example.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #368
Gutsy effort here from a man with a broken thumb

Reply #369
Sure is .... gets a few points for that alone

Reply #370
If that doesn't kick start a few of the Muppet's in that dressing room,  nothing will.

Bloody good cricketer that Paine lad, blasted finger injuries.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #371
Bit of ticker from the new Captain and Cummins....

the top order might need to reflect a bit?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #372
You would think Handscomb will have to keep, if we aren't made to follow on, it could be the making of him!

Not too hard to have your eye in for batting if you've been behind the stumps for 8hrs.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #373
How Hazlewood gets the new ball ahead of Cummins is one of life's great mysteries. The word innocuous spings to mind....

Reply #374
FMD Paine keeping with a broken thumb, bet he wasn't crying about it before he went on the ground!
The Force Awakens!