Skip to main content
Topic: Round 1 2015 (Read 69555 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 1 2015

Reply #90
Keeping pick #7 would have been the long term thing to do IMO, we did this because we need Jaksch to start playing now.

Really? Thats as good as you can do? Why do we need him to play now? We just had a breakout year from Rowe who was beaten by Hawkins and not much else all year. Jamison had a serviceable year as well. Best CHB/FB combo we've had for a while, so much so that it allowed Hendo to play up forward.

As a third defender option we had White who played out of his skin and performs his role every week.

Personally, i see Jaksch as a long term replacement for Jamison and would be surprised if he played round 1.

We got Jaksch because he is a talented up and coming former first round KPP with a couple of years development under his belt ala Lachie Henderson.

Jaksch didn't cost us Fev. It cost us a drop of 10 live picks in the draft, plus we got an inside mid thrown in for free.

But your opinion is your own. Feel free to 'maintain the rage'  ::)

White is a stop gap and  wont cut it vs the better teams with the bigger more talented forwards.......Jaskch is a CHB IMO and thats where he will play most of his footy IMO.....
We also had to get Jaksch because Watson has proven to be a banana down back and Giles probably wont play for a while if ever and that leaves us with SFA in terms of KP defenders.
Agree on Jaksch being similar to Henderson in terms of development at this stage but I dont remember Lachie playing too many games in the twos.....
Jaksch picked us because he wanted more opportunities and I dont reckon he was talking playing in the Northern Blues and would have had promises made by Mick that he would get senior game time IMO...like Henderson I think he will get his training in the seniors.

Reckon Henderson will play forward along with Jones as the KP Forwards......

All these posts prove to me is that we need another key position player and should take a look at Mckenzie, as we are still one short by my reckoning.  Particularly if someone gets injured.

Caleb Marchbank seems to be in the mix for our first pick who is a 193cm defender who should develop into a FB/CHB...

Reply #91
IMO Jaksch will push White out of the side early and then eventually replace Jamison as a KPD.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #92
Keeping pick #7 would have been the long term thing to do IMO, we did this because we need Jaksch to start playing now.

Really? Thats as good as you can do? Why do we need him to play now? We just had a breakout year from Rowe who was beaten by Hawkins and not much else all year. Jamison had a serviceable year as well. Best CHB/FB combo we've had for a while, so much so that it allowed Hendo to play up forward.

As a third defender option we had White who played out of his skin and performs his role every week.

Personally, i see Jaksch as a long term replacement for Jamison and would be surprised if he played round 1.

We got Jaksch because he is a talented up and coming former first round KPP with a couple of years development under his belt ala Lachie Henderson.

Jaksch didn't cost us Fev. It cost us a drop of 10 live picks in the draft, plus we got an inside mid thrown in for free.

White is a stop gap and  wont cut it vs the better teams with the bigger more talented forwards.......Jaskch is a CHB IMO and thats where he will play most of his footy IMO.....
We also had to get Jaksch because Watson has proven to be a banana down back and Giles probably wont play for a while if ever and that leaves us with SFA in terms of KP defenders.
Agree on Jaksch being similar to Henderson in terms of development at this stage but I dont remember Lachie playing too many games in the twos.....
Jaksch picked us because he wanted more opportunities and I dont reckon he was talking playing in the Northern Blues and would have had promises made by Mick that he would get senior game time IMO...like Henderson I think he will get his training in the seniors.

Kruddler refer to this post for my reply.

And White is a fking dud, just poor list management from Ratts to keep him in the first place but at least he was just depth. Now he's a regular. And people rave about our current list management.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #93

All these posts prove to me is that we need another key position player and should take a look at Mckenzie, as we are still one short by my reckoning.  Particularly if someone gets injured.

Caleb Marchbank seems to be in the mix for our first pick who is a 193cm defender who should develop into a FB/CHB...

Personally, I like Henderson more as a defender than I do as a forward and I am not convinced about any of our forwards, so I would be recruiting with the eye on a forward rather than a defender.

Either way, I dont mind.  Be it Goddard, Mccartin, Mckenzie, or anyone else, I'll be happy, I just want one.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #94

Personally, I like Henderson more as a defender than I do as a forward and I am not convinced about any of our forwards, so I would be recruiting with the eye on a forward rather than a defender.

Either way, I dont mind.  Be it Goddard, Mccartin, Mckenzie, or anyone else, I'll be happy, I just want one.

Fair points on Henderson as a forward and I prefer him at CHB but I think Mick will use him forward initially....
McKenzie and Goddard..not sold on either....

Reply #95

Totally agree Thry, we are still 1 KPP short. Personally I hope we do go tall with 1 of our 1st 2 picks.

Keitel @ pick 28 is my preference, unless a Goddard slips, but who knows....

Reply #96

Jaksch and pick 19 wasn't worth pick 7, I wouldn't call Whiley a freebie, he evened the deal up.

Thats your opinion. Mine says its a bargain.

I was one of the few who was happy with the fev trade. Majority believed we were being royally screwed over in that too.

Reply #97
You would have swapped pick 7 for Jaksch and pick 19?  :o :o :o

Glad that wasn't the club's opinion....

Rnd 1/Best 22 2015

Reply #98
Well, our list is finalized for season 2015, what does our best 22 look like now?

Who will play round 1?

(I'll post my own thoughts later, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been started already, I had a look and didn't see one.)

Re: Rnd 1/Best 22 2015

Reply #99
Simpson   Jamison        Buckley
Jakcsh.     Rowe.            Yarran
Everitt        Gibbs.           Thomas
Casboult   Henderson.  Walker
Menzel.     Jones            Carrazzo
Kreuzer.    Judd              Murphy

Docherty Curnow White Bell

Will need to see how the preseason treats Carrazzo

Reply #100
Simpson   Jamison        Buckley
Jakcsh.     Rowe.            Yarran
Everitt        Gibbs.           Thomas
Casboult   Henderson.  Walker
Menzel.     Jones            Carrazzo
Kreuzer.    Judd              Murphy

Docherty Curnow White Bell

Will need to see how the preseason treats Carrazzo

I don't reckon it will be Jakcsh IOT.
I'll be very disappointed if the side does not include a first year player but I reckon it won't be a KPP type like Jakcsh.

I reckon Sheehan and BB will play. MM want's run, run, run.

Carrots and Bell to miss.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #101
Mick's MO has been to give a taste, just to one or two, then put them back after a few games unless they really take to seniors.

I think he'll do the same here. Jakcsh for me as they need to make the trading of pick 7 look on track - Whiley will most likely get a game before Bell too.

Reply #102
Boekhorst is a lock in IMO...they will need to justify picking him  and he will get plenty of opportunities IMO...

re: Jaksch.....reckon they might play safe and give him a holiday at the start of the season for a few weeks.

Think Cripps might play too...

Reply #103
Much will depend on the preseason games and how players perform. I hope we see a couple of the newbies in R1 at least and I would nominate Jaksch and BB but again , injuries could be the big factor with Jaksch.

I'd love to see James also but I don't think he'll play R1.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #104
Much will depend on the preseason games and how players perform. I hope we see a couple of the newbies in R1 at least and I would nominate Jaksch and BB but again , injuries could be the big factor with Jaksch.

I'd love to see James also but I don't think he'll play R1.
James ?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time