Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Sydney at Etihad (Read 59942 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Sydney at Etihad

Reply #90
Some may have already been written off altogether.

This one has had the kiss of death on him since Andy maher called him the next ken Hunter this time last year.

Seriously ? Andy Maher said that ?

Reply #91
Pretty much full strength, no Murphy but most teams will be missing one of their best a lot of the time.
Friday will give us the best indication so far of where we are, I'm confident of a good showing as I reckon that's a fair side.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #92
Seriously ? Andy Maher said that ?

Yep heard it one morning on the way to work last year and instantly wrote off skittles.

Could never live up to that expectation.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #93
No Cameron Wood either. Maybe he can't be upgraded at this stage.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #94
In a long list of dumb things, that is the dumbest thing Maher has said.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #95
I'm guilty of pumping up DVR's tyres early on. I remember going to his first training session and he stood out for me that day. It was the way he moved (and kicked the footy) that caught my eye. Sadly though, since that day? He hasn't struck a blow. There's time, but its fast running out for him. 
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #96
No Cameron Wood either. Maybe he can't be upgraded at this stage.

No restrictions on rookies playing in the NAB Challenge.  Perhaps, as Pratty suggested, they know what Wood can do and still aren't sure about Phillips and Gorringe.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #97
Sure it wasn't a "plays like" or "similar type to" rather than a "the next" comment? Andy isn't stupid.

And if DVR is struggling, how is Jaksch going? Crikey.

Reply #98
No restrictions on rookies playing in the NAB Challenge.  Perhaps, as Pratty suggested, they know what Wood can do and still aren't sure about Phillips and Gorringe.

Yes Wood is a season player, like Murphy and others on the list he doesn't need testing. SpecialK does need testing in terms of durability, the Philips and Gorringe need lots more game time.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #99

Maher is the kiss of death, always has been and always will be. You do realise he was standing on the bar singing We Are The Navy Blues 5 minutes into the last quarter of that fateful Elim Final vs The Lions back in 2009. Really hate the fact that this douche is the unofficial spokesman for the club in the media.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #100
Sure it wasn't a "plays like" or "similar type to" rather than a "the next" comment? Andy isn't stupid.

And if DVR is struggling, how is Jaksch going? Crikey.

If I had to nominate one main concern about our list atm Jaksch would be it. OK he's had his setbacks due to injury sure, but he has shown virtually nothing so far and he (together with Whiley) cost us. Not the end of the world yet BUT it is a concern, at least for me.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #101

He's pronounced the name of jockey Dom Torneur (pronounced Torner) as Dom Torney-Air for years. Maybe ignorant is a better description?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #102
Yes Wood is a season player, like Murphy and others on the list he doesn't need testing. SpecialK does need testing in terms of durability, the Philips and Gorringe need lots more game time.

I think the fact that we recruited two young ruckmen indicates that the club is well aware of Wood's strengths and weaknesses.
He'd struggle for a game anywhere but Carlton, or Essendon this season.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #103
Looks like Bolton doesn't rate Jaksch much / at all........ very very big worry.

He's not injured - just playing in the VFL and form will dictate if he comes up for senior selection.

If Bolton rates KJ below Liam "1 posy match" Jones then he must be going fairly ordinary.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2016-03-10/bolton-talks-inclusions-and-swans

Reply #104
Looks like Bolton doesn't rate Jaksch much / at all........ very very big worry.

He's not injured - just playing in the VFL and form will dictate if he comes up for senior selection.

If Bolton rates KJ below Liam "1 posy match" Jones then he must be going fairly ordinary.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2016-03-10/bolton-talks-inclusions-and-swans

Can't agree with that assessment sorry. Bolton didn't go anywhere near there......there may well be other issues with KJ?
Finals, then 4 in a row!