Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 11: Post Game Excitement: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 33361 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 11: Post Game Excitement: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #90
First half was awesome, second half we struggled a bit without Kreuzer.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #91
What was wrong with Plowmans game?

He has not missed a beat since he came in the side, makes good decisions, plays above his size and another calm head back there.

... and didn't have a pre-season.

He has picked up Bolton's game plan really well... along with Simpson and Docherty, does a lot of "troop marshalling" out there.

All of SOS's GWS boys have made a contribution this year.

Perhaps the one who has surprised me the most is Lamb.

Reply #92
Maybe that's the thing to remember about the gws boys. Early 20s but played bugger all games due to injuries and so many other talented players to compete with . High draft picks though and now getting some game time.  Their bodies and minds have had a chance to develop so they should develop quite quickly now. Give them a bunch of games together this year and then hopefully a good preseason and who knows what they'll be next year. Might be a genius move by SOS. Add to that what looks like some very nice talent from last draft and who knows... it might be the super draft and trade period every successful club needs.

Reply #93
I feel remiss about not commenting on Nick Graham's game in my voting summary. It is because I didn't think he stood out. However, as he was a mid roving to a ruck combo that was well beaten, he wasn't going to get the clearances he can get. He had a very solid 7 tackles and worked well.
There are areas of his game I'd like to see him improve on, but he wasn't a spud.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #94
Bottom line is that we really did not play all that well yesterday but what was really pleasing is that for the first time in yonks, we were inconsistent yet still won and won well.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Re: Rd 11: Post Game ________: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #95
This table annoys me. Average age is 23-27,  hardly massive differences the numbers. It means absolutely nothing.

You can have old spuds and young spuds, older guns, young guns

Age means nothing in this game, yet we are obsessed by it.

We could have Kane Lucas or Mathew Wright?
Dennis Armfield or Mathew Watson?

Thank the gods someone has said this and said it well. I was scanning through the posts and was, when reading all the comments about age, about to say exactly the same thing. This age thing is just such a small issue. Premierships have been won by old teams, young teams and teams with a mix. Wooden spoons have been collected by old teams, young team and teams with a mix. To put such emphasis on age and try to explain significant results due to it is simply bullshizen.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #96
Don't agree with posts focusing on the negatives about yesterday's game.

We are in year one of a major rebuild and most experts predicated us to be easy beats and lucky to win more then a few games.

Coming off a 6 day break after knocking off the flag favorite last week all while playing most of the game with half a bench i thought yesterday was another step forward. 

Wasn't a faultless performance but considering how taxing last week would have been and again losing a crucial player for half the game I was pleased to take a comfortable win, lick our wounds and move to next week.

I couldn't be happier where we are at the moment. Taking the points when 3 of your best in Kruezer, Gibbs and Murphy have no influence at all on the result is yet another sign of how far we have come in such a short time.

Go blues.

Reply #97
Cant agree with these sorts of posts.

We are in year one of a major rebuild and most experts predicated us to be easy beats and lucky to win more then a few games.

Coming off a 6 day break after knocking off the flag favorite last week all while playing most of the game with half a bench i thought yesterday was another step forward. 

Wasn't a faultless performance but considering how taxing last week would have been and again losing a crucial player for half the game I was pleased to take a comfortable win, lick our wounds and move to next week.

I couldn't be happier where we are at the moment. Taking the points when 3 of your best in Kruezer, Gibbs and Murphy have no influence at all on the result is yet another sign of how far we have come in such a short time.

Go blues.

Not sure what this post had to do with mine which you quoted.  ???

Reply #98
Sorry Kruddler picked the wrong post - Wasn't even one of yours I was replying to.  ;D

Will try and edit now

Reply #99
Don't get me wrong GTC, I was VERY happy with the win!  :)
No probs Cookie, I get it, just saying IMO, we shouldn't judge/scrutinise us as you would if we were a contender (ie finals, top 4, GF etc). Right now, if after the siren sounds to end the game, we have more points that the opo, I'll be as happy as a pig in cacca! Its that simple for me.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #100
I have been banging on about the back six and how settled they are and how for me, thats a big part of the way we are playing and where we are right now. But can I add how ruthless we are when the other nob turn it over. We are feral at making them pay ATM. The speed at which we get the ball, move it fwd and more often than not get it to a bloke that has escaped out the back is exciting to watch. Lamb, Wright and Sumner have been great additions with their ability to sneak out the back.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #101
It seemed to me that Casboult's run up to take marks was being jeopardized.  By the time he flew he was  invariably out of balance.  I wonder if this is s strategy opponents have worked out!
Of course he scares the to death and because of this focus on Levi there are opportunities  for Walker and Gorringe.
If there is a strategy employed against the 'foremost contested Marker' as he is called, the brain thrust wiwll need to offer a counter strategy.
I liked that bit of mongrel when he tit for tat against  Robinson - though it be too crude.
I love the way Levi hits the packs.  It helps if the brave carry buises!

Reply #102
I would like to put a word in for Gibbs.
Gibbs was in the thick of it - alwyas one of the two or three Blues who laid a tackle. Great commitment.
When the Ball was loose and scrambled for, Gibbs was in there and his flicks and hits made opportunties for others.
Gibbs made a great contribution and it went on all day. Just that some days even for an immensely talented guy like Gibbs,  it does not turn out to be pretty.

Reply #103
I would like to put a word in for Gibbs.
Gibbs was in the thick of it - alwyas one of the two or three Blues who laid a tackle. Great commitment.
When the Ball was loose and scrambled for, Gibbs was in there and his flicks and hits made opportunties for others.
Gibbs made a great contribution and it went on all day. Just that some days even for an immensely talented guy like Gibbs,  it does not turn out to be pretty.

I think also the extreme effort he put in the week before probably was still affecting him.

Reply #104
I was at the game and you could tell the boys were flat - so I'm thrilled with the win.

They played a blinder last week and I wouldn't have been surprised if they were overrun yesterday but they weren't and we still won by over 6 goals.

Very happy blue here  O0