Skip to main content
Topic: Free to air TV 2014 (Read 8264 times) previous topic - next topic

Free to air TV 2014

Fixture's out

12 definite matches on free to air (C7) and likely a 13th in round 23.  Rest of foxtel.

An absolute crap scheduling of matches as well ... I'm almost surprised we get to play on Saturdays.

Pity that breakaway competition contemplated a long way back didn't eventuate.

God, I hate the AFL >:D

Re: Free to air TV 2014

Reply #1
There's only 4 spots on FTA and 9 games per typical week. They're never going to put games up against each other on their digital channels (can they start doing that next year?)

Half on air sounds about right when you finished 8th. It's not like if it wasn't on Foxtel then it would be on FTA.

Reply #2
Quick scan of the draw looks ok, bit of a soft start and all going well, could hit the bye in rnd 8 looking real good.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
There's only 4 spots on FTA and 9 games per typical week. They're never going to put games up against each other on their digital channels (can they start doing that next year?)

Half on air sounds about right when you finished 8th. It's not like if it wasn't on Foxtel then it would be on FTA.

I reckon we had a lot more on FTA last year did we not?  'Bout time the idiots at the AFL thought outside the square and offered delayed / next day matches on 7 digital.

Reply #4
I can't watch many matches on FTA....camera and commentary does my head in.

Reply #5
I reckon we had a lot more on FTA last year did we not?

I think so but we didn't play that nice a football and we finished 8th so....

'Bout time the idiots at the AFL thought outside the square and offered delayed / next day matches on 7 digital.

Isn't it available on the internet?

Reply #6
Just realised, 14 night, 2 twilight (night), 4 day games. I reckon in the past, we have played better in the day than at night. Hope we address this.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7
At least we are the away team in the Sunday night games against the Pies and Bombers.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #8
 ;D
Round 23 v Essendon is Friday at 12am. Perfect way to end a night out on Thursday night.  ;D

Reply #10
Just realised, 14 night, 2 twilight (night), 4 day games. I reckon in the past, we have played better in the day than at night. Hope we address this.

Lucky we got rid of Hampson then.

Always struggled in Night matches.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
13 games (max) FTA in 2014 .... 17 games FTA in 2013

Reply #12
13 games (max) FTA in 2014 .... 17 games FTA in 2013

Freaking crap. And Channel 7 think they'll get their money by broadcasting GWS vs North games!

(Obviously i don't have Foxtel)
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #13
We desperately need the option of a PayTV footy channel where you can subscribe without having to buy all the other Foxtel stuff, which I really don't want, i.e Starter pack. Wouldn't mind even being able to watch games on a pay per view basis.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #14
Agree cookie. I'd happily pay $30-$40 per month for six months of the year to watch the footy, but I refuse to pay ~$70 when I don't want all of the crap that comes with it.