Skip to main content
Topic: Kreuzer VS Warnock VS Wood - How Will This One Play Out ?? (Read 95025 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Kreuzer VS Warnock VS Wood - How Will This One Play Out ??

Reply #75
So in hindsight, we should have fought harder to retain Sam Jacobs as we have seen over the journey, all 3 of the others that we kept in order for him to move on have been and will more than likely continue to be ordinary.

At least we got something in return for Hampson.

Hopefully we can engineer a win out of the others too.

What we should have done is Drafted Trent Cotchin, allowing allowing Jacobs to stay and Flourish and had ruckman from Jacbos/Hampson/Warnock.

Forget Cotchin.

What we should have done, is traded our number one pick for Judd instead of JK, and left the drafting alone for a year and right now we could play Hendo back without destroying our forward line.

In fairness to Kreuzer, he has struggled since the Knee injury and if he continues like this, I can see him pulling a Max Bailley.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #76
Kreuzer has deficiencies that aren't linked to his knee injury though. Can't read the flight of the ball and clueless when it comes to body positioning in a marking contest. He's knocked off his line way too easily. For a bloke his size, he has zero presence.

FWIW I heard through a friend of his that he didn't want to play against Port but was forced to. The guy is the new glass man on the block.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #77
Right now and for a vast majority of the last few years having Keuizer on the list has been like going into the season with one less player on your list. In a majority of the games he's played (with the exception of a handful of games) whenever he has played its been like going into a game with one less ruck-man or one less forward. At the very least he should be a regular contributor and according to what he cost us he should be pillar of the side. We can talk about potential to the cows come home, but that fact is right now we are one down. We'd be better off having a vacant spot to give a young player a go.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #78
Right now even comparisons to Josh Fraser are inaccurate, JF could at least take a mark and kick straight. Im struggling to see value here.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #79
Kreuzer has deficiencies that aren't linked to his knee injury though. Can't read the flight of the ball and clueless when it comes to body positioning in a marking contest. He's knocked off his line way too easily. For a bloke his size, he has zero presence.

If that is the case, please do not offer up Casboult as an alternative as Casboult is worse!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
Right now even comparisons to Josh Fraser are inaccurate, JF could at least take a mark and kick straight. Im struggling to see value here.

This ^^^^. Been saying it for years and copped plenty for it as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #81
HUN reporting that Kruezer could miss 6 to 8 weeks  with his foot injury.

Guess that means we can elevate Wood from Rookie list?

Reply #82

If that is the case, please do not offer up Casboult as an alternative as Casboult is worse!

Casboult is a great mark and can occupy some space so players like Garlett get passage to the footy but he isnt offering much else...he is neither a qualified forward or ruckman and is even less flexible than Rowe who can at least attempt to play down back in a KP.
Casboult has too many quiet periods in games where he does nothing....I think Rowe is the better ruckman in terms of palming..

Reply #83

If true, I think Kruezer may be at end at Carlton..I suspect MM wont put up with a player being continually injured..

Reply #84
Casboult is a great mark and can occupy some space so players like Garlett get passage to the footy but he isnt offering much else...he is neither a qualified forward or ruckman and is even less flexible than Rowe who can at least attempt to play down back in a KP.
Casboult has too many quiet periods in games where he does nothing....I think Rowe is the better ruckman in terms of palming..

EB1 I want to qualify that statement, Casboult has great hands.

Is he a great mark, great marks are like Jack Riewoldt last night, they clunk them from all angles covering slips catches to jumping over packs and taking the front position. Casboult tends to get a lot of his marks in just two circumstances, long leads to the HBF or jumping over an already formed pack.

I have rarely seen Casboult take the front position or back into a pack and mark strongly, nor have I noted him float across a pack or pull in a one hander. PS. I have seen him do this at VFL level, but there is the problem, he needs to do it at the next level.

I too thought Rowe did OK at a couple of ball ups and boundary line throw ins, better than he has done previously. Good enough to suggest he should have got a bit more time on the ball last night.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #85
We now all know that you should not waste Number one Draft pick on a ruckman.

Just hope our club now knows this.  I think they are starting to think the same.

Shame for Kruezer.  Ever since he did his knee he has not been the same player.

I say trade him at years end.  

Reply #86

If true, I think Kruezer may be at end at Carlton..I suspect MM wont put up with a player being continually injured..
At the end of the day its a business. Kruezer may be a terrific bloke and hard worker but I am beginning to think the same thing. I thought less than 6 months ago he was untradable. I don't think this any more. Football is a brutal business. Its about wins and losses, its that simple. Whats Ross Lyon's famous saying, something like: better to hurt a few than to kill many???
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #87

Mossie...I think the club will support him but his long term future as a player in the game at any club might start being an issue.
You would have to think we will search for another ruckman next season to give us another option....Wood is good backup and handy around the ground but his ruckwork isnt any better than Rowe's IMO although you could argue he needs game time as the NO 1 ruckman to improve in that area given he has only played 50-60 games from memory.

Reply #88
So he knew he was injured, was forced to play and now has broken down. Smart move CFC.....if true.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #89
At this particular time there appears to be a large crop of KPPs in this draft, not so many true ruckmen. However, it would not surprise me at all if we drafted a young ruckman and rookied another. A couple of years back we picked a beauty in Sam Jacobs as a rookie. We can do that again, or perhaps trade for a kid like Lycett who is going to struggle to get games with the Weagles if Natanui and Cox stay fit.
This crop is not as well endowed with mids, but there are some nice ones and a few kids with real electric pace. Young Touk Miller from Calder, for example.
Live Long and Prosper!